Sat 19th Mar: SL: Toulouse Olympique v St Helens KO 5pm (Local Time)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/22 at 17:45

12 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

As someone with no dog in the fight (other than an irrational and visceral hatred of Cas), I think it’s brilliant.

With Wakey winning, It’s been a day for the underdog. As a neutral, it’s fantastic entertainment 

I know. As a RL fan I'm thinking this is fantastic. 

As a Cas fan............. less so.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Who were those eight deluded souls at the beginning of this post who picked a Toulouse win? Well I wasn’t one of them.

I said last week they have assembled a squad capable of staying up, they just need to start turning that potential into wins. They only chose the champions to begin doing that!

This deluded soul put £25 on Toulouse at 14/1.

Very happy!

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Congratulations to Toulouse! That wasn't a 100% St Helens side, but still a very strong selection, including first choices at FB and the halves, and tons of talent and experience elsewhere on the field and bench.

This is nothing like the severely weakened teams Saints have sometimes gambled on in the past.

Toulouse had at least 7 players out and still haven't replaced Jonathan Ford, so both teams were missing players

36 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Saints didn’t rest players today. Walmsley, Batchelor and Hopoate are injured and Matautia is injured and suspended. 

It was the weakest enforced Saints side for a few years, which is no excuse as Toulouse were soundly the better side. Injuries have been kind to Saints over the past few years so it’s interesting to see how they get on now. 

Call me a cynic but I reckon those ‘injuries’ will heal for the next game (Matautia aside) and had it been Wigan, Catalans, Warrington tonight those guys would’ve played. Woolf is too clued up to come out and say he’s ‘rested’ players and therefore hand the opposition motivation. 

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Call me a cynic but I reckon those ‘injuries’ will heal for the next game (Matautia aside) and had it been Wigan, Catalans, Warrington tonight those guys would’ve played. Woolf is too clued up to come out and say he’s ‘rested’ players and therefore hand the opposition motivation. 

There may have been a few players who could not travel for health restrictions tbf

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

There may have been a few players who could not travel for health restrictions tbf

Possibly. I keep hearing people saying those rules have changed but then others say they haven’t. 

8 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Hopoate “wasn’t risked” as per Woolf’s pre-game, Batchelor couldn’t play because of him failing a HIA under eleven days ago, Walmsley is out for a couple of weeks so could/should be back for Wigan and Matautia’s is something like 4-6 weeks, I think. 

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Walmsley is out for a couple of weeks so could/should be back for Wigan

Oh. Great. 🙄

I think, for his health, another week's rest would pay long-term dividends.

Honest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

48 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Fun fact for you, Toulouse already have 50% of the number of wins Leigh managed in a whole Super League season in 2021

I've got a fun fact for you, Leeds deserve to be below Toulouse in the table, not above them on points difference only.  They should have beat Wigan and had this great win today. Surely it's only a matter of time before they are above you beloved 'big spending' Whino's. 🤪 

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Oh. Great. 🙄

I think, for his health, another week's rest would pay long-term dividends.

Honest.

We don’t want any excuses when we thrash them and Big Al to bits.

Is it time for my cornflakes yet?! 

Archived