Sat 19th Mar: SL: Toulouse Olympique v St Helens KO 5pm (Local Time)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/22 at 17:45

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I remember in 2019 when Saints lost to London Broncos twice, after resting players.

Saints didn’t rest players today. Walmsley, Batchelor and Hopoate are injured and Matautia is injured and suspended. 

It was the weakest enforced Saints side for a few years, which is no excuse as Toulouse were soundly the better side. Injuries have been kind to Saints over the past few years so it’s interesting to see how they get on now. 

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A great victory for a great club, Castleford, Wakefield, Hull kr and Salford will all be worried they could be in a relegation battle this year 

Lol - Leeds must be shitting themselves.

Just now, David Shepherd said:

Remember though, jeopardy bad because reasons.

I personally feel it still is bad. We could still lose Toulouse, we could lose an institution like Cas and the financial hit on anyone relegated could be direction changing for a number of clubs at a time where the game is at a junction that shapes the future. 

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A great victory for a great club, Castleford, Wakefield, Hull kr and Salford will all be worried they could be in a relegation battle this year 

Nah they won’t,they have a Yorkshire banker firmly embedded below them.

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

The Saints side. Hardly a reserve team - should still be strong enough to get the job done

R1ygxEKj?format=jpg&name=small

19 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I remember in 2019 when Saints lost to London Broncos twice, after resting players.

That is still some side they put out. Saints had plenty to win most SL games.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

I'm sorry but this commentary is a disgrace. So disrespectful towards Toulouse. 

What else did you expect, just wait for the excuses.

9 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I personally feel it still is bad. We could still lose Toulouse, we could lose an institution like Cas and the financial hit on anyone relegated could be direction changing for a number of clubs at a time where the game is at a junction that shapes the future. 

As someone with no dog in the fight (other than an irrational and visceral hatred of Cas), I think it’s brilliant.

With Wakey winning, It’s been a day for the underdog. As a neutral, it’s fantastic entertainment 

Congratulations to Toulouse! That wasn't a 100% St Helens side, but still a very strong selection, including first choices at FB and the halves, and tons of talent and experience elsewhere on the field and bench.

This is nothing like the severely weakened teams Saints have sometimes gambled on in the past.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Who were those eight deluded souls at the beginning of this post who picked a Toulouse win? Well I wasn’t one of them.

I said last week they have assembled a squad capable of staying up, they just need to start turning that potential into wins. They only chose the champions to begin doing that!

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived