Sat 19th Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 12:30 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/22 at 13:00

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been that impressed with wire this season. However they have the talent in their squad to demolish Wakey easily if they 'click'. However even if they continue to play below par they should have enough to get the win.

As for Wakey they are paying the price for allowing chester to recruit the squad and will struggle to scrape enough wins to survive the season. 

2 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

I have not been that impressed with wire this season. However they have the talent in their squad to demolish Wakey easily if they 'click'. However even if they continue to play below par they should have enough to get the win.

As for Wakey they are paying the price for allowing chester to recruit the squad and will struggle to scrape enough wins to survive the season. 

Do you really think you could finish below Toulouse? 

23 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Warrington by 20. Thankfully this channel 4 game isn’t at the embarrassment to Super League that is Belle Vue.

Is it an embarrassment to SL? Granted it’s knackered and could do with improving but it has character and generates an atmosphere with 5k in there. I wouldn’t describe it as embarrassing personally. 

Good to see a Channel 4 game at Warrington. I think this could be the game where the Wolves come together and put some points on. I'd fancy them to put a reasonable score on a very average Wildcats outfit.

Wire 44-14

50 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Warrington by 20. Thankfully this channel 4 game isn’t at the embarrassment to Super League that is Belle Vue.

For once I agree with you regarding Belle Vue. But not for much longer I hope that makes you oh so happy.

14 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Wildcats

Your knowledge of Super League knows no bounds. 🙄

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I think Wire will prevail and by a reasonably comfortable margin but I sincerely hope it's not a really big blow out. I also hope that Tom Johnston can get in a bit of space to show what he can do.

A good contest with some spectacular RL tries would be ideal for our third? free to air contest.

Wire 28 Trin 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Yes Eddie Trinity can easily finish below Toulouse who I think are an improving team. When we, Wakefield, travelled to Catalans it was reported by Michael Carter that his squad had six players who were unvaccinated and therefore unable to go to France. Purely as a guess you would think that most SL squads will have a number of players who remain unvaccinated, some may have less than 6 some more. It is likely that sides will be `understrength `when in France. I also think that sides will underestimate Toulouse. So taking these factors into account, improved Toulouse performances, unvaccinated players not allowed to travel and underestimating Toulouse I think they could well win enough home games to avoid the drop. Wakefield do have more strength in depth than in recent seasons but they do lack guile, a cutting edge in attack so even with plenty of ball and tons of effort we simply do not look like scoring points.   

I was expecting Wire to play really attractive attacking rugby this year, but I guess it takes time to achieve that kind of result even with a coaching change.

For Wakefield, Tom Johnstone is always capable of doing something really eye-catching be it a great finish or line break.

Hopefully we get a contest and a great advert for the game on Channel 4.

Wire 22-14 Wakefield 

As a Wakey fan, I hope we win.

As a fan of the game, I'll be satisfied if the 2 teams provide a compelling and exciting spectacle, even if that means a Wakey loss. 

Of course, an underdog win of epic proportions would make great telly.

1 hour ago, burke said:

Yes Eddie Trinity can finish below Toulouse who I think are an improving team. When we, Wakefield, travelled to Catalans it was reported by Michael Carter that his squad had six players who were unvaccinated and therefore unable to go to France. Purely as a guess you would think that most SL squads will have a number of players who remain unvaccinated, some may have less than 6 some more. It is likely that sides will be `understrength `when in France. I think that sides will underestimate Toulouse. So taking these factors into account, improved Toulouse performances, unvaccinated players not to travel and underestimating Toulouse I think they could well win enough home games the drop. Wakefield do have more strength in depth than in recent seasons but they do lack guile, a cutting edge in attack so even with plenty of and tons of we do not look like scoring points.   

I think that non-vaxed players ban will be gone in a month or two, so that advantage for Toulouse will disappear over the summer (although of course it appears it has also cost them their two best players, and not just for the summer). Wouldn't be surprised if the ban came back in the autumn though, but perhaps more likely to be after the season finishes.

I think this is going to be a lot closer than many on here are predicting but it could end up as a blow out win for Wire if they really click into top gear. Neither teams defence is particularly great so a high scoring match.

Wire 32- 26 Trinity

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

4 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I was expecting Wire to play really attractive attacking rugby this year, but I guess it takes time to achieve that kind of result even with a coaching change.

For Wakefield, Tom Johnstone is always capable of doing something really eye-catching be it a great finish or line break.

Hopefully we get a contest and a great advert for the game on Channel 4.

Wire 22-14 Wakefield 

In terms of our attacking structure, we look better than we did under Price, however possesion and territory is proving difficult to win at the moment, Bullock and Mulhern missing out this week wont help that, I'm sure Wakey will fancy their chances down the middle.  Looks like a perfect day for RL on Saturday though, so hopefully we can play fast and will see some good tries scored for C4.

I always enjoy Wire v Wakey at either venue, it is usually a close contest.

Wakey always bring a noisy following to our place, so it should make for a good atmosphere. 

Positive vibes flowing through TRL tonight. 

"Now the Wire!"

Good to see Channel 4 as selected this game, 2 clubs with the most loyalist/passionate fans in Super League to play against each other. Think our friends in Cheshire will have too much for us like most Trinity fans are saying but as long as we give 100% that's all we can ask for and if Warrington have an off day hey you never know. Whatever happens tomorrow Leeds lost tonight and it has made my weekend bitter sweet woohoo 😀

Prediction   Warrington 32-16 Trinity.

Adam Hills has just (somehow) worked a plug for this game into a feature about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived