Sat 19th Mar: SL: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 12:30 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/22 at 13:00

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done wakey totally deserved victory, never got out of 2nd gear. Worst Warrington team at the new stadium, no pack whatsoever. Don't think Powell can play much a tune out of that pack, makes the decision to not give Chris Hill a 2 years contract look crazy. Looking forward Cooper the only decent prop but will have wait to see Harrisons potential but a decent sizable prop is needed to even allow this team to compete. Gone past anger and disappointment now just resigned to a poor season. 

2 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Heads up for matty Ashurst great work for Corey hall’s try and scored a great try from an amazing catch and pass from Mason Lino. 150th game for Wakefield and one of his best 

Is he related to the great Bill Ashurst?

Thoroughly enjoyed the game from start to finish.  Enjoyed the C4 coverage, too. Pleased that Wakefield have shown they CAN be competitive, though I fully expected Warrington win. Good to hear some of the refs rule and decision explanations as well 

24 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Well done wakey totally deserved victory, never got out of 2nd gear. Worst Warrington team at the new stadium, no pack whatsoever. Don't think Powell can play much a tune out of that pack, makes the decision to not give Chris Hill a 2 years contract look crazy. Looking forward Cooper the only decent prop but will have wait to see Harrisons potential but a decent sizable prop is needed to even allow this team to compete. Gone past anger and disappointment now just resigned to a poor season. 

Not Warrington's year then ? 😉

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Not Warrington's year then ? 😉

Going to be quiet in our Village tonight. Might wind a few up with my Leigh top on but Warrington will come good. 

They need a nasty prop though and Currie looks like a lost sheep. 

44 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Great win by Trinity today, it gets tiresome the amount of negative press they get sometimes. Top coverage by Ch4, mind you anything minus Wilkin is a plus for me. 

Yes, I think I commented last week how well they are finishing matches. 

It's very open this year between the teams and fitness is a key issue.

10 minutes ago, Niels said:

Yes, I think I commented last week how well they are finishing matches. 

It's very open this year between the teams and fitness is a key issue.

Spot on mate. Wakey fans have posted for a while  that fitness was lacking at the club for a few years & this year Clawson has turned up at Cas, let’s see how it plays out? 

41 minutes ago, meast said:

I wonder how much money Warrington have blown on players, coaches, promotions etc to have not one single grand final win?

Compared to the likes of Wakefield, Huddersfield, Salford who have also never won a grand final?

The days have gone when you buy a team, you build a team and buy in the bits of extras.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 hours ago, meast said:

I wonder how much money Warrington have blown on players, coaches, promotions etc to have not one single grand final win?

Compared to the likes of Wakefield, Huddersfield, Salford who have also never won a grand final?

I'm not sure this point makes a lot of sense mate. 

As a Wire fan the last 15 years or so has been great. I've loved watching a team of stars in front of big crowds, I've certainly enjoyed the four Challenge Cup wins and 2 LLS wins, and whilst we have lost in a further 6 finals, they have been great and all part of the fun. 

The money hasn't been wasted in the slightest. 

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

As a Wire fan the last 15 years or so has been great. I've loved watching a team of stars in front of big crowds, I've certainly enjoyed the four Challenge Cup wins and 2 LLS wins, and whilst we have lost in a further 6 finals, they have been great and all part of the fun. 

Indeed, I'd much rather Trinity have Warrington's recent record and have not won the grand final than the one we've had.

3 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Indeed, I'd much rather Trinity have Warrington's recent record and have not won the grand final than the one we've had.

I find it bizarre when people make this point, (often Saints fans). 

I've had a lovely time 😆

On 17/03/2022 at 15:59, Harry Stottle said:

Good question Eddie, Wakey have it in them to produce some good performances and surprise a few teams expecting to beat them, me thinks that could start this week.

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

At least some of us made a prediction.

Hindsight, etc.

Yes some did make a prediction😋

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

How?

Indeed. They haven't gone at all. Toronto bought a team and swept all aside in the two lower divisions. 

The cap clearly makes it more difficult to then overtake the very top teams in SL, but it certainly allows you to get into that top bracket. 

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes some did make a prediction😋

Clever ar se.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Exactly. So much more enjoyable than the dark, dismal days at Wilderspool under Steve Anderson et al at the turn of the century. And it will surely click for the Wire one day. 

Just now, Szymala said:

Exactly. So much more enjoyable than the dark, dismal days at Wilderspool under Steve Anderson et al at the turn of the century. And it will surely click for the Wire one day. 

It either will, or it won't 😆

But I think too many take it too serious, and forget to just enjoy the ride. I've never seen my team win the league, and quite possibly never will, so be it. I've been fortunate to see us win at Wembley 4 times and lose 3 times, as well as lose 4 Grand Finals at Old Trafford. 

That is all part of the journey, its part of the fun, losing is as much a part of sport as winning is. I pity those with any sense of entitlement over sport. Things can change very quickly and come crashing down around you. 

Archived