Sun 20th Mar: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well what another great week.  Feel alot better about that narrow win vs Batley now.  

So huge point for London and Batley.  Anyone can seemingly give anyone a game.  

Newcastle nearly bombing a win against Dewsbury doesnt give me much confidence for a playoff place now but a massive game vs Widnes coming up. 

York pumping Widnes will be as positive for them as it is worrying for Widnes.  

What a fantastic season of rl we are getting. 

Don't know if Newcastle were off form today, but Dewsbury were missing a full pack of first choice forwards. With them, it'd have been a Rams win.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Don't know if Newcastle were off form today, but Dewsbury were missing a full pack of first choice forwards. With them, it'd have been a Rams win.

Same, we missed 7 1st team players today, all 7 would of been in the 17, also winger johnson was injured in the warm up so didnt play, then prop chaplehow got a head injury after only 15mins into the game so couldnt come back on, 5 local lads in our 17 today, lots of experianced players missing for us today, a win is a win.

7 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

London were impressive at Barrow. Can see them pulling away 

Got to eliminate the silly errors and get our kicks as should have been out of sight! London have the makings of a side who could push any, defence great and attacking shape much improved with consistent halves for last 3 games!

16 hours ago, crashmon said:

I was close with the London and Bately upsets... Shame that I can't see London having much chance vs Sheffield or Bradford, but at least they have 1 point.

Barrow will still finish top half of table, not sure if they will make the playoffs

The playoffs are anyone's guess the way the results are coming in this past couple of weeks. It's wide open. Barrow still unbeaten at home which was my main point. They just need to tighten up on errors to see the last minutes lof these close scores out. 

15 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

Sorry 15mins! 

18th minute, actually.

Aye - it's a shame.  I suppose you could say the same about Izaac Farrell taking a head knock in the first ten minutes and taking no further part in the game.

It's all relative.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

15 minutes ago, Griff said:

18th minute, actually.

Aye - it's a shame.  I suppose you could say the same about Izaac Farrell taking a head knock in the first ten minutes and taking no further part in the game.

It's all relative.

Over a hour 13v12 always going to be difficult marra especially when we went down to a 2 man bench late in the 1st half. 

2 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

Over a hour 13v12 always going to be difficult marra especially when we went down to a 2 man bench late in the 1st half. 

12v12 for the last 15 minutes of that over an hour, of course.  Sheffield had a 3 man bench for 77 minutes of the game.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

The playoffs are anyone's guess the way the results are coming in this past couple of weeks. It's wide open. Barrow still unbeaten at home which was my main point. They just need to tighten up on errors to see the last minutes lof these close scores out. 

Still 20 odd game in regular season mate,plenty of time for any team to hit some form and go on a roll up ladder and plenty time for teams to lose a few and slide down.Very interested to see these next 8-9 rounds of play come.

5 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Still 20 odd game in regular season mate,plenty of time for any team to hit some form and go on a roll up ladder and plenty time for teams to lose a few and slide down.Very interested to see these next 8-9 rounds of play come.

That's basically a summary of what I have said. Anything can happen and it's anyone's guess who  makes the playoffs. 

Archived