Mon 21st Mar: Ch: Halifax Panthers v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Halifax Panthers
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/03/22 at 20:15

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

To be fair Harry, I think they are told to play like that. We are a very one up compressed, physical and fit team who rely heavily on route one. 

It's what FT teams do to PT teams to win games. Halifax and definitely HKR are 2 different games as route 1 may not be an option. 

We have lots of players who can spray the ball around. I'll be honest, I prefer Aekins at 6 and Ipape has been very Conservative so far, but let's see Monday eh? 

We had all these superstars last time and the damage was done before it was too late. We have lost one expected game and will get better. Enjoy the ride! 

We will discuss after Monday, Ok 👍

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Unbelievable Leigh have been throwing money around left right and centre making all these expensive signings, then they’re going to play Saints players on dual registration. 

What's your point? Their target is to do what they need to do to reach SL.

Unbelievable Leigh have been throwing money around left right and centre making all these expensive signings, then they’re going to play Saints players on dual registration. 

Only got 20 player's signed on, plus 2 on season long loans M'lud, and for what it's worth I would sooner not have DR player's from Saints, like Leeds did with Luke Bristow.

Anyway I believe the plan is to recruit as the season progresses, I hope.

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Only got 20 player's signed on, plus 2 on season long loans M'lud, and for what it's worth I would sooner not have DR player's from Saints, like Leeds did with Luke Bristow.

Anyway I believe the plan is to recruit as the season progresses, I hope.

Leave him alone. 

Hes currently cracking one off as cheating Toulouse are beating a Non Vaxxed Saints Academy side at the moment. 

Leeds are dead in the water unless they change coach. Like watching Leigh last year 😫

13 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Leave him alone. 

Hes currently cracking one off as cheating Toulouse are beating a Non Vaxxed Saints Academy side at the moment. 

Leeds are dead in the water unless they change coach. Like watching Leigh last year 😫

Saints academy side? That result really has ruined your weekend, sad times for you.

Saints academy side? That result really has ruined your weekend, sad times for you.

Not at all. Fair play to them. 

That's the difference between me and you. I'm a RL fan. Your just a loon who posts when suits under various user names. 

On 19/03/2022 at 18:39, Rockingchair said:

Fax have got two ex Leigh lads in on duel reg just to add a bit of spice 

Mason for me was our best 'big' forward last season I would love him back in the Cherry and White, I don't know if Bell is available to Leigh tonight but if he is he could be the difference in the teams, he is the ball player/distributor that we are so sadly missing.

48 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Jeez Harry, did Mellor kill your goldfish or something?

Leigh have scored 176 points in 6 games so far. That's an average of 29 points per game!

Gav when I watch him week in week out he just doesn't impress me, OK he will have a decent game now and again (most probably will tonight because I criticise him) but he is so predictable, his kicking came off at your place but it is premeditated, he will kick whatever the situation in front of him if there are gaps to run into he will kick, if he has support players in a good position he will kick, if there are more of his player's in offence and creating an overlap than there are player's in defence he will kick, and with ball in hand no one least of all himself knows where he is heading or going.

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

Just investing to try Premier Sports for a month and looking forward to the game.

Must say, what a great initiative to allow the presenter to keep the spare match balls warm under her jumper.

Yes very impressive, she definitely has a couple of good points to mention.

4-10 at half time. Leigh seem to dominate in terms of yardage each week which isn't surprising when you look at the individual quality across their line-up. Fax have battled bravely but were clinging on for the last 20 minutes. The quality Leigh were able to bring off their bench with Ioane who seems to make a big impact off the bench every week and then the St Helens and Wigan lads at almost the same time meant there was no respite for Halifax.

Still, Leigh don't always seem to turn their dominance into points and there's only 1 score in it half time. You'd expect Leigh to run away with it in the second half but stranger things have happened.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Now we are, as Kev Brown says, Leigh are well ahead all over the field excepting the scoreboard, hopefully we have more composure in the second half.

Oh and yes Bell is making a big difference to Leigh, first receiver running both sides of the ruck he is shoving the 6 & 7 away from the thinking area.

Thin

Just now, Snowys Backside said:

Again, just need to be patient. 

Fax are playing some lovely stuff to be fair but the up the guts stuff and hard running from Leigh isn't half blowing them. 

If Leigh get a few offloads away, they could bo OK. 

Exactly my thoughts. Skill and flair from fax, brute sledge hammer tactics from Leigh.

It is an interesting contest, and makes you wonder why Fax have had such a poor start to the season, if they can play like this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived