Take two - Fev Re-match

Batley Bob

Well, what a tremendous performance from a depleted squad and even more so, what an effort from the coaching squad this week. To grind that level of belief I to a set of blokes comprehensively beaten 7 days ago has been an unbelievable achievement.

Just shows nothing can be taken for granted in this division, don't think even the most die hard batley fans expected that today, I think it shows what a real set of grafters we have throughout the hole squad,i thought we deserved the points today,and fev were lucky, I was sat on half way and there was at least one if not 2 blatant forward passes for fevs last try, but when you have a touch judge who looked at least 60 trying to keep up you don't get the calls. I'd Just like to say well done to every batley player you all showed real grit today! Proud to be a batley fan, Brilliant!! 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Deserved that. If im honest, the way batley were playing, I'm surprised they didn't go for the corner at the end. I think they'd have got both points

I thought so too, but am delighted with the result. On Batley supporters moaning about Fev forward passes, they all clearly missed the one for our last try - so swings and roundabouts. 

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Well done did a job on us today ,don't know about a point you deserved both.

Thanks fevrover.  What a difference a week makes. We might be the only team to take a point from your lot this season. Cracking game though. Think we did deserve both though,  as the run up to your last try was well forward, but the ref only gives what he sees. 

1 hour ago, The scrim reaper said:

Just shows nothing can be taken for granted in this division, don't think even the most die hard batley fans expected that today, I think it shows what a real set of grafters we have throughout the hole squad,i thought we deserved the points today,and fev were lucky, I was sat on half way and there was at least one if not 2 blatant forward passes for fevs last try, but when you have a touch judge who looked at least 60 trying to keep up you don't get the calls. I'd Just like to say well done to every batley player you all showed real grit today! Proud to be a batley fan, Brilliant!! 

They were forward passes, I was on half way too. We got away with a few today, it's just that fev scored a crucial try off one of theirs. Damn good game of rugga though.

13 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Thanks fevrover.  What a difference a week makes. We might be the only team to take a point from your lot this season. Cracking game though. Think we did deserve both though,  as the run up to your last try was well forward, but the ref only gives what he sees. 

I can't see us going unbeaten but we do have some players still to come back from injury and suspension. 

2 hours ago, Dog forever said:

We might be the only team to take a point from your lot this season. 

Er... 3 points 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Deserved that. If im honest, the way batley were playing, I'm surprised they didn't go for the corner at the end. I think they'd have got both points

Was bitter sweet as we had the upper hand, yet in my mind we didn't need another Ainscough moment. Nervy afternoon and I still can't get my head round if we won a point or let another point slip away. Roll on third blood. 

Better attitude and body language this week helped us get something out of the game after a bad afternoon last week 

Adam gledhill best prop in the league

dane manning tackled everything 

hooley took every high ball and Gilmore and white organised us very well and kept us ticking over roll on barrow 

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Better attitude and body language this week helped us get something out of the game after a bad afternoon last week 

Adam gledhill best prop in the league

dane manning tackled everything 

hooley took every high ball and Gilmore and white organised us very well and kept us ticking over roll on barrow 

Personally , I think Gilmore plays better with white alongside him , tho meadows might be a better half than white , who would be a manager 

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived