Halifax

pmac

10 minutes ago, donald said:

We've bought 4 new uns in this season and only Bishop is really standing out not all aussies are world beaters

Aye we've both had some gems from the southern hemisphere but also had some tatie hash, so its always a gamble. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, havenhater said:

After seeing us lose the kavanah try after a positive start the players body language suggested a tough day at the office whilst behind the sticks after a few minutes was worrying.

But there's lightweight like we started the season with a few forwards in.

At present we have a worryingly small squad with wingers making up the numbers in the pack. 

Injuries are one thing we can help but if players leave surly we can replace them in dawson and Wilson.

The no go aussie let's not go there.

My belief is its now 2 from us dewsbury and London but its now a bit of a dream in all honesty.

The crowd shouting at the referee was embarrassing too, he was absolutely brilliant in my opinion.

Hopefully teare is OK too the shining light in a poor season. 

I didn't hear anyone shouting at the referee? Where abouts was this? Everyone I was stood with appreciated his performance 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, havenhater said:

The crowd shouting at the referee was embarrassing too, he was absolutely brilliant in my opinion.

Some lads on the popular side constantly using foul and abusive language whilst the stewards (their mates) were stood watching the game with them was equally embarrassing, shortly followed, coincidentally, by the PA announcement that foul and abusive won't be tolleratated 🤔

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

Show some more faith.. "start planning for next season" what a ridiculous comment.. grow up and try and make the most of this season.. its no where near over 🤡🤡

What evidence have you seen this season that there’s a league win in this team?

out classed and out played by everyone we’ve played so far !

and it’s nothing to do with having faith, the results and performances say it all, I’m just being realistic and would rather the club put their efforts into rebuilding a competitive side which can have a real shot at the league one title and learn from the lack and quality of the recruitment to date.

It was said in preseason that this squad lacked size and speed but Chris wanted a mobile side ….so he’s call and he needs to accept responsibility that his recruitment policy has been patchy at best 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THMS said:

Can we poach the barrow players 😂. They were brilliant today. Wish they had won !! 

Thought stack was superb..  could do with someone like him atm!

• Like 2

What I can't figure out is how we can give Fev,Barrow and Bradford a tough game with excuses why they weren't closer and look like an amateur team at best a league one team against Sheffield and Fax. Do they play a different style that we can't handle because they're no better than each other? Today was depressing, if you belt it up the middle against a good team they'll soak it up and fire right back at you. I get how you have to earn the position to attack but you have to offer something or it's just easy. At least we slowed the scoring and kept going til the end but apart from Curtis and the hard working forwards there was nothing in our ability or style to be encouraged by. Today as said we looked like a team from the division below which of course is what we are, new quality players required, will we get them ? Are they out there? Probably not on both counts.

• Like 1

Again as last week it is difficult to disagree with the majority of comments following todays game, if we are to have any slim chance of staying in this league then recruitment is needed now, we have completed most of our home fixtures so what is going to happen when we play away, again today a BIG mobile pack ran over us.

• Like 3

I think we need to be realistic and admit we weren’t ready or even close to being prepared for championship rugby. The lads brought in just aren’t able to take us to the next level, I just can’t see us picking a win up this season, I really can’t. 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I believe Haven had the blueprint of staying in the championship, they got promoted and decided to stick with the same group, got flogged for 6/7 games then COVID hit, they quickly changed tact and recruited a different quality of player to give themselves a chance. Unfortunately we have underestimated the quality of player required and the quality of the opposition.

I thought Halifax looked a really good team, strong and quick. Some poor tackling from us in the first half but I thought we stuck at it and kept going in the second half when heads could have easily dropped.

It was always going to be tough this season but we really need to strengthen the squad and bring in some quality if we are going to stand a chance of surviving. Think the fans have been really patient and supportive so far this season but we need something back in terms of signings to keep the support and good will going.

Thought the referee was superb, wish we could have him every week UTT

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Spike said:

I didn't hear anyone shouting at the referee? Where abouts was this? Everyone I was stood with appreciated his performance 

It was refreshing not to hear " get em onside ref " all game, I'm usually one of them shouting it. I didn't hear anyone shouting at the ref and rightly so, he was exceptional compared to what we usually get. I think we all go to DP ⁷these days hoping we don't get hammered and the team give it everything. I though full time Fax were very good yesterday on a dry nice surface but I disagree tha we didn't want to be there. We had some great field positions but just lack the size and a bit of nous to get over the line. You got the feeling yesterday that we haven't lost the support of the fans who were there, I didn't hear hardly any derogatory comments and the fans were supportive to the very end. We knew it was going to be like this but it's what we all wanted. I'm sure none of us expected getting wins against the teams we have played, Sheffield maybe, but that was a shocking display from us. I can't honestly see where the firsts points are coming from, but I hope we all keep backing Chris and the board by turning up every game and getting behind them. I hope Curtis Teare's injury isn't too bad, I was more concerned about that than the result walking out, we have no luck with injuries do we. UTT

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

What evidence have you seen this season that there’s a league win in this team?

out classed and out played by everyone we’ve played so far !

and it’s nothing to do with having faith, the results and performances say it all, I’m just being realistic and would rather the club put their efforts into rebuilding a competitive side which can have a real shot at the league one title and learn from the lack and quality of the recruitment to date.

It was said in preseason that this squad lacked size and speed but Chris wanted a mobile side ….so he’s call and he needs to accept responsibility that his recruitment policy has been patchy at best 

I know where you are coming from with this and have thought the same myself. Its too early to give up just yet but I hope we can secure our talented youngsters for a couple of more years. The experience they've gained this season would make a huge difference in Championship 1.  The biggest worry is the RL scrapping the funding for that league, we thought we had escaped that threat but knowing our luck they will do it next year. I'm still hoping for 2 divisions but won't hold my breath.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoopdog said:

I believe Haven had the blueprint of staying in the championship, they got promoted and decided to stick with the same group, got flogged for 6/7 games then COVID hit, they quickly changed tact and recruited a different quality of player to give themselves a chance. Unfortunately we have underestimated the quality of player required and the quality of the opposition.

I agree, but the difference being they had time to sort it out due to the Covid lock down. We could do with a ten month breakat the moment.

• Like 2

Did CT give an interview? What did he say if he did?

It's becoming annoying the lack of interaction regarding the team, if you don't catch the post match interview which if you're at the game you don't. There's FB stuff about coaching schools and the like but that's all. BTW did you hear Crarey talking about all their links with junior's and women's teams. Maybe easier down there i don't know.

On the playing front we need more attacking threat with Walker back in and Teare to centre for a start.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoopdog said:

I believe Haven had the blueprint of staying in the championship, they got promoted and decided to stick with the same group

I believe They are charging £20 for entry after 1pm (which is when most enter) where as we can get in for £15 with an early bird ticket. So is that something that should be looked at to possibly provide extra revenue to add to the squad. All sports is about money nowadays. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, town4me said:

I believe They are charging £20 for entry after 1pm (which is when most enter) where as we can get in for £15 with an early bird ticket. So is that something that should be looked at to possibly provide extra revenue to add to the squad. All sports is about money nowadays. 

Agreed, Barrow gave £5 food and drink vouchers to spectators yesterday and this is something they do regular.