Super League head coach shortlist

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s fairly likely a Super League head coach position may soon become available. Who, either currently in Australia or the UK may be ready to step up and take on such a job? This is a thread to list all potential future 2022 Super League head coaches.

If Leeds had ambition to be anything other than SL bottom feeders taking the Sky money and avoiding relegation they’d have Kevin Sinfield (the real one) in place for next week’s game. 

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Going by this forum about 75% of British Rugby League fans, and the majority of them are also qualified match officials too so the game is definitely in safe hands.

Or alternatively , rugby league fans go on forum about rugby league to give their opinions on rugby league

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

If Leeds had ambition to be anything other than SL bottom feeders taking the Sky money and avoiding relegation they’d have Kevin Sinfield (the real one) in place for next week’s game. 

Why? does he have expierience has a head coach, a big club like Leeds need someone expierenced to turn them round not a novice learning his trade.

1 minute ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

To wind SKS up is a good enough reason for me

What is it they say about hitting someone when they are down, you know he wouldn't have slept a wink last night, you would think he would be used to it by now though wouldn't you, anyway I blame you lot for giving him a reprieve one week he would have commited Hari-kari by now.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Good grief what a ridiculous idea.

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Didn't Leeds' current decline begin when he first became involved with recruitment? 

You could argue it really kicked in that time Sinfield became interim head coach.

Shane Flanagan, Steve McNamara, Ian Watson, Danny Ward, Paul Green etc. should all be on Leeds' radar.

Leeds of previous generations would have just gone after the best available. If you have to pay a bit of compensation then so be it.

Although I'd hate it if he left Catalans, McNamara would be a perfect fit for Leeds. He knows how to build a club.

Paul Green is an NRL winning coach without a club as is Flanagan.

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Shane Flanagan, Steve McNamara, Ian Watson, Danny Ward, Paul Green etc. should all be on Leeds' radar.

Leeds of previous generations would have just gone after the best available. If you have to pay a bit of compensation then so be it.

Although I'd hate it if he left Catalans, McNamara would be a perfect fit for Leeds. He knows how to build a club.

Paul Green is an NRL winning coach without a club as is Flanagan.

You know Flanagan was the first I thought of , but I don’t know if his ban carries over here

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You know Flanagan was the first I thought of , but I don’t know if his ban carries over here

I don't think he is banned anymore. He has worked as an NRL assistant but was prohibited from being a head coach for a couple of years. I think that is done but he just hasn't landed a job.

The best clubs should look at who they want not who is available. McNamara would be perfect for Leeds where they are at the moment. The club needs its culture back.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I don't think he is banned anymore. He has worked as an NRL assistant but was prohibited from being a head coach for a couple of years. I think that is done but he just hasn't landed a job.

The best clubs should look at who they want not who is available. McNamara would be perfect for Leeds where they are at the moment. The club needs its culture back.

Yes I just checked that . I thought it was end of this year but it wasn’t 

5 minutes ago, M j M said:

I think I'd feel sick if Mcnamara became Leeds coach. Apart from that all good suggestions, the budget will be there to bring in someone good if they are available.

Needs must. McDermott was a Bull

Archived