Cowboys

Most pundits are predicting the spoon for North Queensland. They're one from two, admittedly against two of the competition's weaker teams, but, I think they looked very promising today against Raiders. Still early days, though.

Payten's a good coach and seems to have worked wonders on their defence. They're a really young team with heaps of talent, but importantly, some great experience mixed in. I reckon the Cows will improve as the season progresses.

Probably not top eight in '22, but they could be contenders again from next year.

GO NQL.

embarrassing display by Broncos……as we have got used to over the last two seasons.

He called on the cavalry, ‘our billy’, and it just got worse.

Congrats to cowboys, a competent performance by a team with a plan and solid coaching.  We can only wish for the same at Suncorp. Do miracles happen in rugby league?

• Like 1

On 27/03/2022 at 12:34, Anita Bath said:

embarrassing display by Broncos……as we have got used to over the last two seasons.

He called on the cavalry, ‘our billy’, and it just got worse.

Congrats to cowboys, a competent performance by a team with a plan and solid coaching.  We can only wish for the same at Suncorp. Do miracles happen in rugby league?

KW is totally out of his depth. I feel for the fella. Of course he wanted to coach his beloved Broncos, where he's a club legend, but it won't end well. 

Agreed, Ive gone beyond hoping for it to end well,  end would be good enough for me (but preferably at a time when Paul Green no longer on the market…frying pan and fire come to mind). Cant believe that after the last three years they still havent sorted the splne out leaving quality players in the rest of the squad looking (and going) elsewhere. Haas probably the next to ship out. Issako the most recent, makes his debut forTitans on Thursday.

3 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Of course he wanted to coach his beloved Broncos, where he's a club legend, but it won't end well. 

Kevvie loves the Broncos just like JJB loves Leeds.

Extrapolate.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Kevvie loves the Broncos just like JJB loves Leeds.

Extrapolate.

It rarely works, as your posh and educated reply implies. Playing and coaching are different skills. Kevvie did well in Origin, but with the group of players he had at his disposal even the pair of us would have succeeded!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 29/03/2022 at 19:42, Number 16 said:

KW is totally out of his depth. I feel for the fella. Of course he wanted to coach his beloved Broncos, where he's a club legend, but it won't end well. 

Flamin' Nora... this post hasn't aged well!

• Haha 2