Once were Lions

I know this was covered here some time ago and was locked because of posters arguing about Ireland.

I just watched it today, the Tour was obviously a disaster before it ever left England and to lose all four games says it all.

I was surprised at the content, it was raw and gritty with more swearing than I thought was needed if it was supposed to be released to a broader market.

It did not show our game in a good light in my opinion. 

The part that stuck in my head was where Keiron Foran was injured in a tackle and the assistant coach or whoever he was said "He is injured and should go off, if he stays on run at that CXXT and hurt him.

I know that is the way the game is played but it was not a good look for our game IMO.

It was hardly a promotional piece for our game it made us look small time looking over our shoulders to when the game was better.

I quite liked the behind the scenes style of documentary and it’s something you rarely get to see in our sport. Did I think there was a bit too much swearing, yes, but if players and coaches swear a lot that’s what this type of thing will pick up. As for running at an injured player, at that level that’s exactly what I’d expect, it’s not under 11’s rugby, did you think they should only attack the opposite side of the field to Foran?

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I quite liked the behind the scenes style of documentary and it’s something you rarely get to see in our sport. Did I think there was a bit too much swearing, yes, but if players and coaches swear a lot that’s what this type of thing will pick up. As for running at an injured player, at that level that’s exactly what I’d expect, it’s not under 11’s rugby, did you think they should only attack the opposite side of the field to Foran?

No

Running at an injured player is an obvious tactic.

It was the way it was portrayed in this "Doco" it was not done well.

Run at that Cu*t could have been left on the editing floor.

Was this Doco only meant for a limited audience.

It was not something I would want to watch with my young family.

Its often said that our sport is a family game but you get idiots swearing their head off at games.

This "documentary" had Coaches and hangers on swearing from the sidelines all the time.

Hardly a family environment unless you are ####.

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

So you want an un-cut behind the scenes documentary that’s heavily cut 

You do realise every show is cut and edited don't you?

Nothing is just off the camera.

If you are happy with a documentary that is full of people swearing like morons then good on you.

In the heat of the moment they may cut loose but surely over four weeks there would be enough material to leave this out.

It was almost a stich up of northerners. 

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

So somebody is mad at some swearing in a documentary from 3 years ago?

Good thread this.

No,

It was a rubbish documentary that portrayed our sport in a poor light.

If you don't like it don't bother commenting Gav 

3 minutes ago, Jonty58 said:

No,

It was a rubbish documentary that portrayed our sport in a poor light.

If you don't like it don't bother commenting Gav 

In the contrary Jonty58 my good boy. I thought the documentary was absolutely ok when I watched it, two years ago.

11 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

In the contrary Jonty58 my good boy. I thought the documentary was absolutely ok when I watched it, two years ago.

Good on you Gav.

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I prefer a video I can watch with my family to enjoy our sport together.

Not much on watching Docos with Fs and Cs with my kids and wife but each to their own mate.

5 minutes ago, Jonty58 said:

Good on you Gav.

We complain when RL doesn't have these types of documentary and we complain when we get one -ffs.

The one I remember as being great was the 2006 Lions documentary of the 3 nations down under. It had everything- Long sent home, the GB win over the Aussies in Sydney, Bondi v Blackpoolbeach & a young James Roby trying to catch pigeons on an Aussie beach etc- great stuff.

7 minutes ago, Jonty58 said:

Good on you Gav.

I prefer a video I can watch with my family to enjoy our sport together.

Not much on watching Docos with Fs and Cs with my kids and wife but each to their own mate.

Then I'd definitely give 'Tales From Tiger Town' on WatchNRL a miss then. And almost any other sports documentary out there.

Apropos of nowt, but if I told my Wife we were sitting down with the kids (when we eventually have them) to watch a sports documentary, I feel I can already imagine her response... 🤣

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Then I'd definitely give 'Tales From Tiger Town' on WatchNRL a miss then. And almost any other sports documentary out there.

Apropos of nowt, but if I told my Wife we were sitting down with the kids (when we eventually have them) to watch a sports documentary, I feel I can already imagine her response... 🤣

Didn't know Cas had a documentary out - ill take a look.

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

We complain when RL doesn't have these types of documentary and we complain when we get one -ffs.

The one I remember as being great was the 2006 Lions documentary of the 3 nations down under. It had everything- Long sent home, the GB win over the Aussies in Sydney, Bondi v Blackpoolbeach & a young James Roby trying to catch pigeons on an Aussie beach etc- great stuff.

You can have a documentary by all means.

This one made our game look small time.

It focused on what our game was back in its prime to what it is now.

It said we need this tour to do well to get the GB brand back up there and if it failed it would kill the brand.

It failed as a tour on team selections and results. Its a negative documentary for our game.

The coverage of our Players and Coaches swearing their heads off was not needed, surely on a 4-5 week tour team selections and tactics could have had more air time.

Hardaker was dropped but with no reason given?

That is poor coverage.

7 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I don't know what you just posted to be honest.

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

What are you babbling on about?

All I can see is you posting negative comments while there is a cracking game on C4 at the moment.

Why are you watching this thread and posting silly emojis if there is a cracking game on C4?

Archived