JUST BACK FROM FRANCE:)

Afternoon,

Well we are back in sunny Kent (In fact the weather is far better than Spain/France has been for the last 2 weeks) apologies to Hull KR fans on my prediction of a massive win for the Dragons Rovers played really well and a younger Carl Hall would have certainly scored another try 🙂

Thank good ness my prediction of a first win for Toulouse came true.

Overview.

On a corporate level the Dragons are up there with Leeds if not now beyond them in terms of revenue although the gates seem stuck around 7000 (Far less brits travelling nowadays though) the club needs to make a big push to reach out to more families especially many new ones to the area that are moving from the north (Hence the problem with the Marie wanting to play football at Gilbert Brutus with the Dragons being asked to move in with USAP NO WAY:(

Toulouse feel so happy for Sylvian Houles lets hope they get a few more wins now.

Still big resistance in Toulouse v league media wise no matter what they say the club needs to again reach out to families as its top heavy on the corporate side not saying that's a bad thing money wise however new blood is needed.

Off to the pub Sunday roast:) makes a change from all that Catalan and French food 🙂

Cricket on Tuesday at Canterbury Kent have a friendly whoppeee:)

Cheers

Paul

21 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Afternoon,

Well we are back in sunny Kent (In fact the weather is far better than Spain/France has been for the last 2 weeks) apologies to Hull KR fans on my prediction of a massive win for the Dragons Rovers played really well and a younger Carl Hall would have certainly scored another try 🙂

Overview.

On a corporate level the Dragons are up there with Leeds if not now beyond them in terms of revenue although the gates seem stuck around 7000 (Far less brits travelling nowadays though) the club needs to make a big push to reach out to more families especially many new ones to the area that are moving from the north (Hence the problem with the Marie wanting to play football at Gilbert Brutus with the Dragons being asked to move in with USAP NO WAY:(

Toulouse feel so happy for Sylvian Houles lets hope they get a few more wins now.

Still big resistance in Toulouse v league media wise no matter what they say the club needs to again reach out to families as its top heavy on the corporate side not saying that's a bad thing money wise however new blood is needed.

Off to the pub Sunday roast:) makes a change from all that Catalan and French food 🙂

Cheers

Paul

Great Post.

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Afternoon,

Overview.

Cheers

Paul

What is the resistance towards RL from the local media Paul? Do you mean they just don’t want to report it, or they’re actively opposed to it? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

What is the resistance towards RL from the local media Paul? Do you mean they just don’t want to report it, or they’re actively opposed to it? 

According to my (Pretty much best friend in France) we go back over 32 years local media (Union) is not giving the club as much publicity as they now deserve to be getting as anything that is seen as a threat to the Union establishment will be put down or ignored.

Way forward is mega publicity and just great rugby:)

I have always respected Toulouse  and respected their relationship with Union HOWEVER as soon as we are seen as a threat they will try to destroy us (Same in Perpignan) and anywhere in France.

We will win in the end I am certain.

Do I trust the Union no i bloody well don't .

P 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

According to my (Pretty much best friend in France) we go back over 32 years local media (Union) is not giving the club as much publicity as they now deserve to be getting as anything that is seen as a threat to the Union establishment will be put down or ignored.

Way forward is mega publicity and just great rugby:)

I have always respected Toulouse  and respected their relationship with Union HOWEVER as soon as we are seen as a threat they will try to destroy us (Same in Perpignan) and anywhere in France.

We will win in the end I am certain.

Do I trust the Union no i bloody well don't .

P 

Hopefully this is where a World Cup could make a difference, that and a bit of wining and dining of selected Toulouse media in the meantime.

Anyone that thought French union’s abhorrent treatment of French rugby league ended in 1940/41 is kidding themselves. It’s been a long and enduring campaign ever since. 

"There has never been a Challenge Cup semifinal of 65,000 either individually or combined" - Damien

Thanks for the opening post Atlantisman, a good read and glad you enjoyed your time in France.

On the Cats v Hull KR game, a younger Ryan Hall might have scored another try but, let's face it, he's in the England squad so must be doing something right...🤔

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

To open up to families they need to forget playing on Friday nights at 20h30. Non of the out of towners can make the game and most teams train on Friday nights, it's a big shame the French derbies are going to be on a Thursday night too. 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

To open up to families they need to forget playing on Friday nights at 20h30. Non of the out of towners can make the game and most teams train on Friday nights, it's a big shame the French derbies are going to be on a Thursday night too. 

Totally agree with you Barnyia madness:(

We arrived home in Peralada Spain around 11pm and we left at the final whistle.

Paul

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

It's inevitable that there will be less away fans at Catalans now.

Rovers are back in France at Easter and then again in July so fans are not going to shell out for 3 foreign trips in one year.

I think that too, but football teams who play 3 Europa league away games take plenty of fans over to watch those games, and then the knock out games too if they get through. I highlight the Europa league rather than champions league because it’s a relatively tin pot cup. 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Is that an affect of Sky programming and the 1 hour time difference?

Putting the odd match on at 1830 uk time would not kill Sky and there should be consideration by SLE for genuine Derbies.  I could be wrong but  a guaranteed packed house on a weekend is not so guaranteed on a Thursday!

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think that too, but football teams who play 3 Europa league away games take plenty of fans over to watch those games, and then the knock out games too if they get through. I highlight the Europa league rather than champions league because it’s a relatively tin pot cup. 

Surely there is a slight difference in that the 3 games are in different locations. Visit to Perpignan 3 times in one season is not the same. Suspect that as it's a new place, many fans will prefer to travel to Toulouse as, unfortunately, Perpignan is not the novelty it was.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 21/03/2022 at 02:43, RL Sonja said:

Anyone that thought French union’s abhorrent treatment of French rugby league ended in 1940/41 is kidding themselves. It’s been a long and enduring campaign ever since. 

You mean when they sided with the nazis 

Archived