Will Pryce

MZH

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothing to be offered as any kind of mitigant. That is the worst tackle I have seen for a long time, and far worse than any punch or any other offence we have seen punished recently at 5 matches. 

This really should be a long ban. 

Wow, I don't remember seeing a tackle worse than that since I've been watching the sport. Of course he didn't mean to do it, but that's not really any mitigation. No control in that whatsoever and the consequences could have been awful.

Looking at the sentencing guidelines I'm not sure if they'll go for Grade D-E 'throwing player into the ground' or Grade E-F 'drives player into ground on head or neck' as it looks like he throws the player and they land on their head/neck. Although there's an A-F band for 'any other dangerous throw'.

With everything that's been said about the need to protect players and the increased bans for offences that may appear somewhat minor, I really can't see how this doesn't get 7-8 matches.

And incidents like this are exactly why i stated the other week he was nowhere near international standard, he had a shocker of a game and this probably smacks more of frustration then malice, he still has a lot to learn.

44 minutes ago, daz39 said:

And incidents like this are exactly why i stated the other week he was nowhere near international standard, he had a shocker of a game and this probably smacks more of frustration then malice, he still has a lot to learn.

We're quick to hype after a couple of games and not just let players develop without added external pressure. Always looking for a new superstar.

That was a real shocker. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

The only mitigation Will could have in avoiding a long ban is his previous behaviour etc.

It looked awful from the away end and despite being filmed in 2002 it looks awful on the clip.

I'm sure he didn't mean it to turn out like it did, he was obviously frustrated but you can't do things like that.

Time to take him out of the firing line and let him grow up a bit, he's still not really ready for a regular SL place IMO.

The wisdom of Twitter shown well in the comments.  One comment is 'Games gone never a foul' while the one directly below is 'That’s a 5 season ban that'.

I suspect it will be something in between, but a long ban.  The main thing is thank goodness Connor Wynne is ok.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Reminds me of this Ben Pomeroy tackle a few years ago which received a six match ban. I would expect at least the eight, if not more given the crackdown. Maybe 8, if he pleads guilty and shows remorse / holds his hands up etc.

I think he intended to turn Wynne rather than tip him over, but the force and driving him into the ground isn't good.

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

I see nothing to be offered as any kind of mitigant. That is the worst tackle I have seen for a long time, and far worse than any punch or any other offence we have seen punished recently at 5 matches. 

This really should be a long ban. 

Pomeroys tackle for Catalans v Cas was very similar.  IIRC he got 6 matches.

If the panel is consistent with the approach this year then that would be increased.

Hopefully no long term implications for Wynne.

9 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Reminds me of this Ben Pomeroy tackle a few years ago which received a six match ban. I would expect at least the eight, if not more given the crackdown. Maybe 8, if he pleads guilty and shows remorse / holds his hands up etc.

I think he intended to turn Wynne rather than tip him over, but the force and driving him into the ground isn't good.

Actually... This is more Brock Lesnar. Very good German suplex!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Very early in a career to have to play the previous good behaviour and not that type of player cards.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I can only think he's gone for some kind of wrestling supplex thing to land him on his back, but got it very very wrong and its good to hear Wynne didn't suffer anything too bad, as that could have been a season ender for him, or worse.

Anyone saying games gone soft after seeing that is a moron, that's a red card in any game in any season.

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

I can only think he's gone for some kind of wrestling supplex thing to land him on his back, but got it very very wrong and its good to hear Wynne didn't suffer anything too bad, as that could have been a season ender for him, or worse.

Anyone saying games gone soft after seeing that is a moron, that's a red card in any game in any season.

I strongly suspect anyone saying the games gone soft after that are being sarcastic. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived