4 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I think he will have been on good money.  The players should be performing better than they have though.  They have some terrific talent available but lack a couple of hard working, tackle anything forwards imo.

Anyway, looking forward to the next thread on JJBs first media piece 😉

JJB will certainly be giving Leeds players the spray this morning.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Whoever takes over i reckon his 1st job will be to go and find Blake Ausitn and Aidan Sezer, i'm sure i read they'd signed for Leeds.

It appears Sean Long is remaining in place.

With that scenario surely Austin and Sezer will click sooner than later.

Impressed by Long stating his praise for Agar when he was appointed at Leeds;despite the Hull Thunder critics.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

6 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It appears Sean Long is remaining in place.

With that scenario surely Austin and Sezer will click sooner than later.

Impressed by Long stating his praise for Agar when he was appointed at Leeds;despite the Hull Thunder critics.

I think the process to appoint a new coach will take care of the Long situation anyway.  This way, Leeds retain a certain amount of continuity and the new coach will make his own decisions on who he want or doesn't.

Austin and Sezer are experienced pro's though.  They should be leading the team, not being nursemaided into whether it should be led or not.  They should have clear roles.  Lead the team and set examples.  Sezer was a good player for Hudds but isnt for Leeds.  Austin, imo, is good when a team is dominating but doesnt have the physical presence to help when the team is defending.  Both need a kick up the backside, more than once.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

They will get dozens of expressions of interest I'd imagine.

I'm sure that's true.  should be A great opportunity for a young, up and coming UK coach or NRL assistant coach. Look at what Woolf has achieved at St Helens, for example.  Leeds need to choose who they want, not necessarily someone who applies.

I'd add this rider: Anyone who applies has by that very act disqualified themselves. Groucho Marx’s letter of resignation to the Friars’ Club: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I'm sure that's true.  should be A great opportunity for a young, up and coming UK coach or NRL assistant coach. Look at what Woolf has achieved at St Helens, for example.  Leeds need to choose who they want, not necessarily someone who applies.

I'd add this rider: Anyone who applies has by that very act disqualified themselves. Groucho Marx’s letter of resignation to the Friars’ Club: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

Id say you need to look at what Holbrook achieved at Saints not Woolf, Holbrook took over a side playing terribly and after a coach left mid season.

Woolf, whilst no denying his achievements took over a side that was playing well with a settled squad. 

He is staying on at the club. I think his old job was something like player and coach Development officer whatever that mens ? And he did say he didn't want the coaching job at Leeds. He had to be persuaded to take it and he did steady the ship . JJB I think his future lies elsewhere he has had a couple of acting roles , RL pundit on sky ,yes I know ! I'm from Bramley too so when he and JP started speaking I felt comfortable lol. He hosts a lot of functions too . A new coach will bring in his own staff . I'm sure 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2nd coach to quit after losing to Salford 🙂

Leeds are a team undergoing a period of rebuilding but the same can be said for any of the teams at the lower end of the table, likes of Salford and Wakefield have to do this every year.

Will be interesting to see what happens to all the staff.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

FFS, i was enjoying that!

I enjoyed the bit when got us the challenge Cup final and won it, something you wouldn't know much about.

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Id say you need to look at what Holbrook achieved at Saints not Woolf, Holbrook took over a side playing terribly and after a coach left mid season.

Woolf, whilst no denying his achievements took over a side that was playing well with a settled squad. 

There lies the problem.   The job of reviving Leeds fortunes on the pitch is not a short term job, and although I hold no affection for the club, I recognise that there has to be a balance of power between the Western clubs and the Eastern clubs.  Leeds need to avoid Wigan's situation prior to Wane with 12 coaches in 18 years.

John Dorahy Sacked
May 1994 February 1997 Graeme West Sacked
February 1997 November 1997 Eric Hughes Sacked
November 1997 June 1999 John Monie Sacked
June 1999 December 1999 Andy Goodway Mutual Consent
December 1999 May 2001 Frank Endacott Sacked
May 2001 June 2003 Stuart Raper Sacked
July 2003 November 2005 Mike Gregory Ill-Health
May 2004 May 2005 Denis Betts Caretaker
May 2005 April 2006 Ian Millward Sacked
April 2006 October 2009 Brian Noble End of Contract
November 2009 October 2011 Michael Maguire

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

There lies the problem.   The job of reviving Leeds fortunes on the pitch is not a short term job, and although I hold no affection for the club, I recognise that there has to be a balance of power between the Western clubs and the Eastern clubs.  Leeds need to avoid Wigan's situation prior to Wane with 12 coaches in 18 years.

John Dorahy Sacked
May 1994 February 1997 Graeme West Sacked
February 1997 November 1997 Eric Hughes Sacked
November 1997 June 1999 John Monie Sacked
June 1999 December 1999 Andy Goodway Mutual Consent
December 1999 May 2001 Frank Endacott Sacked
May 2001 June 2003 Stuart Raper Sacked
July 2003 November 2005 Mike Gregory Ill-Health
May 2004 May 2005 Denis Betts Caretaker
May 2005 April 2006 Ian Millward Sacked
April 2006 October 2009 Brian Noble End of Contract
November 2009 October 2011 Michael Maguire

Ian Millward's reign was the highlight for a lot of RL fans 😄 

Tony Smith would do a great job for Leeds and, as compensation to Hull KR, Leeds could offer the services of a very experienced SL Coach as replacement....

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Can do what they like so long as they stay clear of Tony Smith...

......and Danny McGuire.

Richard Agar is an honourable man and I think we can see that from his decision to step down. He's also a better coach than people think and is very highly regarded by Tony Smith.

As soon as Leeds signed Sezer and Austin I thought oh dear what a mistake and a hugely expensive one too. If they still had McGuire and Burrow in their prime they would be far better off.

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

Shane Flanagan is the man. He is an NRL winning coach (2016) who has a lot to prove after all the fall out of the Sharks scandal. He is now clear of any restrictions and will be hungry for a top job. He has proved he will come to England before, he did some consultancy for Salford 2-3 years ago.

He is on the outside at the moment waiting for his next opportunity. He is the best currently available IMO.

It’s a good shout but he doesn’t need to take the risk. One of the first cabs off the rank for an NRL job when one comes (Wests won’t be long…), already got an Assistants gig so busy, can only see career downside for him if he came to SL and didn’t pull up any trees. 

Danny Ward for mine 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

I would imagine there are a number of NRL assistant coaches / recently deposed first team coaches who would be interested in the job. Paul Green, Steven Kearney, John Morris and Shane Flanagan all come to mind and I am sure there are others who may be more appropriate. I would be surprised if Tony Smith wanted to go back to a job he originally held nearly 20 years ago, although the thought of him, Mags and JJB working together would be heaven for some Leeds fans.

23 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They might go for Ian Watson, I would if I was them. 

Would never leave Shudds.  He's Shudds through and through. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Fair play to Agar great honesty from him in his interview. I will add as well fair play to Leeds who look set to give him a roll at the club. When usually clubs can’t get a sacked coach out of the door as quick enough. 

Archived