7 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

f6iD3NTp.jpg.6c0d44bab93b5bb9aead6e4b79dabdf4.jpg

Ward, Flanagan, Watson, (T Smith)- fine

Carr, Monaghan - would consider their cv's but would need convincing

Wane - gut says no but would definitely talk to him if he expressed an interest (which is probably unlikely). Hope he's grown more ability to function outside Wigan than he showed in his Leeds playing career

McNamara - absolutely not

McGuire - no, not now

I always find new coach odds quite lazy, it’s typically a couple of names either employed by or previously employed by that particular club, a current or former assistant, a couple of coaches who’ve had a good year or two somewhere and then a couple of unrealistic names. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M j M said:

The Chuckle Brothers reincarnated.

Only watched the first 30 seconds.

Leadership 101.  Whatever the reasons for the employee leaving his position, the first thing you do is thank him for his contribution and express regret that you have arrived at this point. 

Yes, everyone probably knows that it is just platitudes but when the guy is clearly hurting next to you, it is what you do.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Agar may not be a top coach but on a personal level he comes across as a top bloke. That press conference must have been a tough gig for him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 minutes ago, Mark S said:

He has more chance of winning something with Cats than he does with Leeds. 

Ah but relegation battles is where all the excitement is at.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Only watched the first 30 seconds.

Leadership 101.  Whatever the reasons for the employee leaving his position, the first thing you do is thank him for his contribution and express regret that you have arrived at this point. 

Yes, everyone probably knows that it is just platitudes but when the guy is clearly hurting next to you, it is what you do.

I suggest you watch more than the first 30 seconds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M j M said:

I suggest you watch more than the first 30 seconds.

Does it get better?

My point is that is the first thing that Gary Hetherington should have said even if he says it later.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Does it get better?

My point is that is the first thing that Gary Hetherington should have said even if he says it later.

It's a very open, very interesting, very revealing discussion. Sorry if it doesn't hit a couple of bingo words for you in the first half minute. But you're unlikely to see anything like it from any other departing head coach and his boss.

15 minutes ago, Padge said:

Ah but relegation battles is where all the excitement is at.

Your right there every where I go around here all I hear is relegation 🙄

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 minute ago, M j M said:

It's a very open, very interesting, very revealing discussion. Sorry if it doesn't hit a couple of bingo words for you in the first half minute. But you're unlikely to see anything like it from any other departing head coach and his boss.

If that's the point you think I was making then fair enough.  I will leave it here I think.

6 minutes ago, M j M said:

I think his point is that Hetherington is an @r53

28 minutes ago, Padge said:

I think his point is that Hetherington is an @r53

Yes lots of opposition fans seem to think that. Perhaps his being right on every major Rugby League issue for the past three decades is starting to grate. 

• Thanks 1

McNamara would have lost his mind to go from Catalans to Leeds. There is zero sense in going from a club where he has built a great team, one which may be on the brink of more trophies to one where he has to proceed over another rebuild and gel a team together that isn't working so far.

I'd like to see Danny Ward back in the game but don't think Leeds would go for him as he has only coached one year in Super League.