AM I BEING SILLY?

myview

We lost to Newcastle at home , who are near to us in the league table. We again played a game of two halves with poor discipline. Nothing as changed! Which brings me to my silly but vaguely possible idea. ( don’t laugh).

We need a caretaker coach to help us avoid relegation, and we need one quickly.

Who better to approach than one of our former players who has today ( Monday) announced he has left his present position. He may be willing to help us out of a serious situation if it is only temporary.  Dare I suggest Richard Agar?

12 minutes ago, myview said:

We lost to Newcastle at home , who are near to us in the league table. We again played a game of two halves with poor discipline. Nothing as changed! Which brings me to my silly but vaguely possible idea. ( don’t laugh).

Who better to approach than one of our former players who has today ( Monday) announced he has left his present position. He may be willing to help us out of a serious situation if it is only temporary.  Dare I suggest Richard Agar?

I like your thinking and have had similar thoughts myself, but doubt very much we could afford Agar...

If only, we dare to dream eh!?

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

13 minutes ago, myview said:

Leeds won't let him go completely 

He'll go upstairs 

And I don't mean heaven 🤔🤣

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Brian McDermott had a short spell in charge at Oldham

And a lot of good it did them!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, myview said:

Yes.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

As i have said many times before Lee should have been replaced at the end of last season.So if and when the rams do get relegated Mark has to take just the same amount of blame.Sadly the club could well end in the wilderness- like Hunslet and keighley have for many seasons.Keighley were done the dirty on at the start of sl as some of you may well remember.

22 hours ago, silcoates said:

As i have said many times before Lee should have been replaced at the end of last season.So if and when the rams do get relegated Mark has to take just the same amount of blame.Sadly the club could well end in the wilderness- like Hunslet and keighley have for many seasons.Keighley were done the dirty on at the start of sl as some of you may well remember.

Well, no doubt you will be happy to be proven right and we can all look forward to you telling us so when that time comes.

Other than scattering more cash from our mythical money tree have you offered any insights into an improved strategy for the club that will lead to greater success?

19 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, no doubt you will be happy to be proven right and we can all look forward to you telling us so when that time comes.

Other than scattering more cash from our mythical money tree have you offered any insights into an improved strategy for the club that will lead to greater success?

We are missing a full pack of forwards - Magrin, Ferguson, Peltier, Kidd, Annakin  - with those we would have won. If we play like we did in 2nd half, we can stay up. If we play like 1st half, we will be relegated.

On 30/03/2022 at 15:54, Blind side johnny said:

Ha love it. I'll still be supporting the club ,a lot of others will not. Will you? On the other matter Batley are able to compete, with supposedly less advantages than Dewsbury.

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

Ha love it. I'll still be supporting the club ,a lot of others will not. Will you? On the other matter Batley are able to compete, with supposedly less advantages than Dewsbury.

BSJ is a long standing supporter of the club just like a few on here,can’t see him deserting the club now can you?

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Rugby brains behind the scenes helps… 

Correct. A thriving organisation in Bissa helps massively as well. Some of our supporters think things just happen. 

On 31/03/2022 at 18:07, Keep The Faith said:

Rugby brains behind the scenes helps… 

I think this is a fair point. Whilst Mark Sawyer is a good businessman there is no one on the board at Dewsbury that I’m aware of who is an experienced ex player or coach who can liaise between the stewardship of the club and the playing side.

Who will Mark Sawyer be consulting on whether LG should continue or what changes on the rugby side are needed at this present time??

Perhaps Jack Addy was consulted in days gone by when he was around and in better health. Not sure who that person would be today??

rambo.gif

22 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I think this is a fair point. Whilst Mark Sawyer is a good businessman there is no one on the board at Dewsbury that I’m aware of who is an experienced ex player or coach who can liaise between the stewardship of the club and the playing side.

Who will Mark Sawyer be consulting on whether LG should continue or what changes on the rugby side are needed at this present time??

Perhaps Jack Addy was consulted in days gone by when he was around and in better health. Not sure who that person would be today??

Jimmy Wood I'd guess takes over from jack🤔

On 30/03/2022 at 15:54, Blind side johnny said:

For someone who posts a lot of comments  -  have you?   

What is Jake Webster doing these days. Is he available ?

9 hours ago, myview said:

I presume you mean James Webster? 

Think he's filed away under "do not touch" with Matt Diskin 🤔😉

On 31/03/2022 at 21:37, Dog forever said:

What about matt diskin.  Don't know what he's doing at the moment. 

I do, he was coaching Moor under 15s yesterday.

Greenwood should have gone ages ago, he let walshaw go saying he wasn't good enough and didn't need him now he is one of batleys best and most consistent players and too be fair walshaw didn't do much wrong at dewsbury, he relies too much on a 40 year old sykes to keep pulling the strings, the team looks weak and lacking in confidence and I don't think he can do anything to make things better, 

17 hours ago, myview said:

No, largely because to promote a strategy for improvement would also require putting your money where your mouth is, and I don't have much of the former to scatter on a RL club. I know that the knee-jerk response is to cite Batley, and they have been very well and astutely managed. I can equally cite a number of clubs of similar size to ours who haven't.

As a general rue of thumb, without a significant benefactor, clubs such as ours struggle.

Archived