Match thread: Challenge Cup Rd6. Catalan Dragons v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 26th March 2022.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched at Fev Lions n all. Played very well and Lielua's 2nd try best of the game. Proud of effort - we went to one of toughest places with strong team who put a proper shift in.

Great atmosphere at Lions Den, around 400 / 500 there? Weather perfect- think the bar did very well.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

A really spirited effort and most of their tries came from repeat or third sets so we made them work for everything. We had loads of defending to do and there will be some tired bodies afterwards, though Mac said we had come through the game without any obvious injuries.

Leilua had his best game for us and really troubled them, as well as the long-distance try he had a couple of big runs and was bouncing Catalans players away at times.

Junior Moors was switched inside to the middle having played edge back row all season and had another good game, you'd have to say that Kasiano was the forward who had the most impact on the game but I thought Junior was not far behind, he's belying his age and is having a really good season.

Interesting that the players' plane landed around 90 minutes before kick off yet we were 10 points up inside 8 minutes, I think a lot of preconceptions about how you have to prepare for a game involving a flight were put to bed there. If we had gone 10 points down I'm sure the concensus would have been we were "still on the plane".

Good effort overall.

Just watched the game through. 

I thought that the pack were excellent against a much bigger set. Ferres had his best game  this season, and for me was our MOM, although I do agree that Moors was probably our best attacking forward.

For the first time, we saw a glimmer of what we all expected of Joey. The 60 yard try proving that perhaps he isn't as 'unfit' as we think, and is just settling in. Not sure for either try, that Tomkins wanted any part of tackling him one on one.

I think that all in all, we should be pleased with that and I feel far more upbeat as I don't think we have preformed well since the Leigh game. 

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

For the first time, we saw a glimmer of what we all expected of Joey. The 60 yard try proving that perhaps he isn't as 'unfit' as we think, and is just settling in. Not sure for either try, that Tomkins wanted any part of tackling him one on one.

Ha! Worth watching the match just for that moment.

Brilliant work from Bussey.

Tomkins wet himself.

1 hour ago, bigbaldnmad said:

. The 60 yard try 

Funny thing B that may be one of the few times we'ave passed him the ball when he's not surrounded by a gaggle of defenders

2 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Just watched the game through. 

I thought that the pack were excellent against a much bigger set. Ferres had his best game  this season, and for me was our MOM, although I do agree that Moors was probably our best attacking forward.

Watching it back for a second time and yes you are right about Ferres, I didn't put him in my three in the man of the match thread mainly because he had a poor missed tackle on their winger Davies early in the game but think that was probably harsh as he was very good for the rest of the game.

2 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I think that all in all, we should be pleased with that and I feel far more upbeat as I don't think we have preformed well since the Leigh game. 

I think for years the stronger teams in the Championship - not just us - have found it difficult to produce the same intensity week in week out for games where they are clear favourites. I know fans sometimes say it's lack of effort or the other team "wanted it more" but whilst there's an element of truth in that I think it must be very hard for sportsmen in situations where an easy win is just going to lead to a shrug of shoulders. In that respect I don't think it helped us playing Fax and then Batley the week after we had beaten them.

There's also the issue of you never know what to expect from your opponents in the Championship, Batley were miles better the second time we played them for instance. Similarly the performance Workington produced against us was I suspect well above what they produced when hammered at home by Sheffield and Halifax.

Archived