Good news Wakey Stadium

7 minutes ago, daz39 said:

So not a 'new stadium' at all then? 

mind you even a toilet seat wil make it a better ground!! 

You really aren't doing much to try and hide your inferiority complex tonight, are you?

When Town have got bored of you (and it won't be long), you'll be begging to share with Sheffield.

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Sounds positive. Might not be a new stadium but Widnes redeveloped Naughton Park into a more modern stadium with time and I hope Wakefield can do the same.

New floodlights already installed, New East stand with everything in it, re surfacing north stand terrace. Community hub/ gym etc in South East corner.  106 agreement signed by all 3 parties 8.3 m released by developer plus I think the 2m by the council to fund the development.

Up the Trin 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, meast said:

Welcome to 1998 😉 

1998 wasn't even close to being the 1st mate, just the best opportunity we had. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, cookey said:

I'm delighted for Wakefield, they now seem to have their future in their own hands.

Owning the freehold is key, as is generating non match day revenue.

As long as it's net-profitable non-match day revenue.  No use having revenue if it's less than costs.

Are there actually some images now around how it will actually look as opposed to those line drawing from ages ago?

Would be interested to see how it looks from the road side too as that is a big billboard for the club if they get it right.

10 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Are you coming to Belle Vue this season then?

Up the Trin 

Reluctantly yes as i go to all my teams away games, fortunately i never have to pay or pay full price for the experience, although at only 5'11 i may consider bringing some stepladders this time to actually get a glimpse of the pitch.

12 hours ago, dboy said:

You really aren't doing much to try and hide your inferiority complex tonight, are you?

When Town have got bored of you (and it won't be long), you'll be begging to share with Sheffield.

No inferior complex with me, just giving 20 years of garbage aimed at my club back to that scruffy lot down the A642.

10 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

New floodlights already installed, New East stand with everything in it, re surfacing north stand terrace. Community hub/ gym etc in South East corner.  106 agreement signed by all 3 parties 8.3 m released by developer plus I think the 2m by the council to fund the development.

Up the Trin 

How does all that compare to last time you tried to build a new stadium? this is actually a serious post, did you get that far previously?

8 minutes ago, daz39 said:

No inferior complex with me, just giving 20 years of garbage aimed at my club back to that scruffy lot down the A642.

That's because your club is a sham club.

You exist only because Sheffield were sacrificed to save you.

You are a cuckoo at a soccer stadium.

You are a soulless shell of a club, propped up on the cash and goodwill of an ageing benefactor.

You cling to the notion of a meeting being held in your town, due to it's central location, as meaning you are the "birthplace" of the game.

You are a sham club and will not be missed when Davy and the soccer club leaves you high and dry.

And your mascot's got a massive head.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Headingley Stadium is complete and a fantastic Rugby League stadium. Belle Vue is like visiting a Soviet Union ground in the 1930’s 

Haven't you got a job interview to prep for?

Or plan some routes for Barrow, Workington, Whitehaven, Batley for next season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, dboy said:

That's because your club is a sham club.

You exist only because Sheffield were sacrificed to save you.

You are a cuckoo at a soccer stadium.

You are a soulless shell of a club, propped up on the cash and goodwill of an ageing benefactor.

You cling to the notion of a meeting being held in your town, due to it's central location, as meaning you are the "birthplace" of the game.

You are a sham club and will not be missed when Davy and the soccer club leaves you high and dry.

And your mascot's got a massive head.

....And right on cue, there we go, the exactl same ###### we've heard for 20+ years, no new material etc, they were clinging to this when we won the LLS, got to the cup finals, got to the play-off semis etc and folk wonder why Fartowners give it back !!!!

Go get a paintbrush and help make your 'new stadium' 😉

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

....And right on cue, there we go, the exactl same ###### we've heard for 20+ years, no new material etc, they were clinging to this when we won the LLS, got to the cup finals, got to the play-off semis etc and folk wonder why Fartowners give it back !!!!

Go get a paintbrush and stadium' 😉

And with all that success, you still you have to give season tickets away for less than a fish and chip supper.

And with all that success, you still you can't enough fans to even need to open the ground up fully.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

Are there actually some images now around how it will actually look as opposed to those line drawing from ages ago?

Would be interested to see how it looks from the road side too as that is a big billboard for the club if they get it right.

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=QKB7D2QQJOS00

Drawings on the planning portal

Edited by Wholly Trinity
  • Thanks 3