Good news Wakey Stadium

8 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Did Yorkshire County Cricket facilitate your improvements? Are they paid for yet?

No actually, the main contributions for the joint Stand (and Leeds RL south Stand) came from Leeds Rhinos and a Loan guaranteed by Leeds City council on the promise of Headingley being guaranteed England Test matches - the ECB were more important than YCCC. Similar to how Wakefield bought Belle Vue back on a x10 scale.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Wakefield currently don't have variety for their tickets. They have a poor and small seating area and have plenty of standing (including the corporate). Anyone who wants that can already have it.

That isn't diverse enough for the modern audience Wakefield want to attract. 

If you want to stand, great! You still can and that standing area will be modernised to bring it up to scratch. But for the new audience Wakefield want to be at the games, who frankly Belle Vue is a turn off for, then they need to offer something that is better than the current embarrassment. That's not my words its their CEOs. A man who is acutely aware of the numerous amounts of middle class people around Wakefield who could be a target for the club but they currently have facilities that will make them say "never again" than being excited to come back.

You can't sell to an audience if you don't have the product to do so.

Hope I'm wrong and the new stand gets filled regularly , we'll find out ' eventually ' 😉

On 24/03/2022 at 23:08, Wholly Trinity said:

NkOd8mv.png

9pveMHa.png

I always thought the plan was to move the pitch east a bit so there would be potential to build a new stand on the west side. Surely there is no future for that crumbling shallow western terrace and its portacabins? Not much room to do anything else with it looking at these plans.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I always thought the plan was to move the pitch east a bit so there would be potential to build a new stand on the west side. Surely there is no future for that crumbling shallow western terrace and its portacabins? Not much room to do anything else with it looking at these plans.

Unfortunately, there is no funding as yet to do anything with the Western side. The main focus is building income-generating facilities on the other sides.

The west is bigger than it looks and used to have a small stand with changing rooms and bar below. This was demolished in the 80s following the Bradford fire. It's as big as the current East side, but would need camera positions above any development which I think prevented extending the new roof across the full length 10 years ago.

http://www.trinityheritage.co.uk/through-the-years/

1898-with-cycle-track.jpg.da1d291ba2abff8299f99d1f8fa4a8ec.jpg

On 25/03/2022 at 13:37, GUBRATS said:

Hope I'm wrong and the new stand gets filled regularly , we'll find out ' eventually ' 😉

I think where you go as a home fan is a habit. Changing that habit is usually caused by a change in circumstances. At BV for me that was the demolition of 2 stands and putting a roof over the North Terrace.

I don't think the East Stand has ever been the first choice of fans and even the terracing down the front is fairly sparsely populated. The rebuild might prompt another shift.

Another factor, in the summer, is that the East Stand gets direct sun during the afternoon. Unless you're in the shade of the roof, you're looking into the sun.

8 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Unfortunately, there is no funding as yet to do anything with the Western side. The main focus is building income-generating facilities on the other sides.

The west is bigger than it looks and used to have a small stand with changing rooms and bar below. This was demolished in the 80s following the Bradford fire. It's as big as the current East side, but would need camera positions above any development which I think prevented extending the new roof across the full length 10 years ago.

http://www.trinityheritage.co.uk/through-the-years/

1898-with-cycle-track.jpg.da1d291ba2abff8299f99d1f8fa4a8ec.jpg

Obviously I'm not suggesting anything would be happening any time soon as money comes when money comes. It's more the potential is reduced at that side of the ground by keeping it the size it is (which is already tiny).

Although after seeing that picture, might not be as small as I thought.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 25/03/2022 at 10:06, Tommygilf said:

No actually, the main contributions for the joint Stand (and Leeds RL south Stand) came from Leeds Rhinos and a Loan guaranteed by Leeds City council on the promise of Headingley being guaranteed England Test matches - the ECB were more important than YCCC. Similar to how Wakefield bought Belle Vue back on a x10 scale.

Whats the latest re ECB with all the issues at Yorkshire Cricket 

3 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

Whats the latest re ECB with all the issues at Yorkshire Cricket 

England Games are back, the Emerald Sponsorship is still gone (on the Rhinos side its the Keith Howard Foundation which is a connected charity). Nike will also not be returning to YCCC.

30 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

England Games are back, the Emerald Sponsorship is still gone (on the Rhinos side its the Keith Howard Foundation which is a connected charity). Nike will also not be returning to YCCC.

Everything, everything, is dependent on the EGM. Which is on Thursday, I think.

It does seem that, after a wobble, everything that should pass will pass though.

Those Nike shirts were lovely. Hope they come back.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

43 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Everything, everything, is dependent on the EGM. Which is on Thursday, I think.

It does seem that, after a wobble, everything that should pass will pass though.

Those Nike shirts were lovely. Hope they come back.

The hoodies with "Yorkshire" in place of the word Nike under the tick were exquisite 

Archived