Barrow v Huddersfield Challenge cup

HP Beans

Huge game for the club this Sunday,I hope the people of Barrow get behind them and have a good day out.

Can we realistically compete with them over 80mins,I think it will be a tough ask but the players will be up for it.

Not sure how many supporters the Giants will bring with them especially as the tie will be televised.

Really looking forward to it.

Up the Raiders!

It’s going to be a very hard game, we are just really lacking with props at the moment and I feel that might really hurt us towards the back end of the game. 

That being said it’s 13 vs 13 players on the pitch so anything can happen. I’m just hoping they come up here and think it will be an easy ride. 

I am really hopeful of a big crowd and get some money into the club ! If we can get 4,000 in the ground I would be happy.

This little cup run is very handy for the club's coffers, no doubt. 

I just want the lads to enjoy themselves, have a go, and, crucially, no injuries please! 

If we somehow contrive to beat Huddersfield (fat chance, I know 😁), how would that impact progress in the 1895 Cup? 

37 minutes ago, Dave W said:

If we somehow contrive to beat Huddersfield (fat chance, I know 😁), how would that impact progress in the 1895 Cup? 

Any championship side getting through to the last 8 of the CC are exempt from the 4v5 play-off game for the 1895 cup.

I believe the play-off game takes place the weekend of 9th/10th April, same weekend as the QF games for the CC.

Then the semis for both the CC & 1895 cup are the weekend of 7th/8th May.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Good luck in the cup! I hope you go toe to toe for 80 mins and got my fingers crossed for a Golden point winner after 30 mins

From a Bulldogs fan and see you a week on Sunday 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, tec said:

Just short of 3,200 if I heard it right. 

Thanks & was that cluster of Hudds fans on the Walney Rd end all they brought?? Was hopeful they would bring a fair few? 
Hard to tell off the Telly? 

6 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Thanks & was that cluster of Hudds fans on the Walney Rd end all they brought?? Was hopeful they would bring a fair few? 
Hard to tell off the Telly? 

Yes I would guess at 150 

Incredible performance  live on the BBC. I think today's showing will make the rugby league community sit up and take notice of the Barrow Raiders and massive strides  the club is making both on an off the field. Best performance I've seen from the club since we won the 2009 Final and beat Cas at the Jungle in 2010.  It's a joy to watch

Would just like to say thank you for the fantastic hospitality from the Barrow club yesterday. Right from when we first arrived and was greeted by a lovely lady who told us what was available where. We had arrived early and came straight into the ground, I’d personally rather give my money to Barrow than Mr Wetherspoon! The fans and staff I spoke to were all welcoming, although the steward I was chatting to wasn’t quite born the last time I came to Barrow!!!  Fans and team all did the club proud. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Archived