Sun 27 Mar: CC6: Barrow Raiders v Huddersfield Giants KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/22 at 16:00

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Barrow fan, I'd love the win obviously but it's just fun being in the mix and having a day in the spotlight for a change instead of looking on enviously from the side line. This is what it's all about!

I'm expecting a tough game, one I hope and think we will come out of though.

Barrow seem to be the games new darlings and by all accounts they are doing some good things, so everyone will be wanting Barrow to win.

They're certainly capable and we've been bitten a few times, notably by Swinton a few years back.

I hope the game is a good one for TV and Fartown win through, but someone mentioned a 5,000 crowd? Really?? I would think 2,000 would be a good crowd, 5,000 would be like Huddersfield pulling in 15,000?

41 minutes ago, meast said:

I'm expecting a tough game, one I hope and think we will come out of though.

Barrow seem to be the games new darlings and by all accounts they are doing some good things, so everyone will be wanting Barrow to win.

They're certainly capable and we've been bitten a few times, notably by Swinton a few years back.

I hope the game is a good one for TV and Fartown win through, but someone mentioned a 5,000 crowd? Really?? I would think 2,000 would be a good crowd, 5,000 would be like Huddersfield pulling in 15,000?

We had just under 2000 last Sunday against London.

5000 probably pushing it but it'll be well over 3000. 

I'm actually a bit nervous on this one, we have a habit of taking lesser opposition in the cup lightly and this is one that's on top form, playing well and on the crest of a wave at the moment, we have a fairly strong squad out so i guess it all comes down to attitude and effort on the day.

Looking forward to visiting, it's been a long time since we've had an away game in Cumbria and not in Barrow that i can remember for over 25 years.

If we lose this we only have ourselves to blame.

28 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Barrow have done everything right and this is what the cup should be about, rewarding those clubs who´ve done work outside the spotlight to have a done in the sun. Result is immaterial, it´s a great boost for sponsors fans and the club as a whole. What is the capacity at the ground these days?

They are this seasons York, came up with a barrel of momentum and that has carried them into an excellent first half of the season. 

Capacity is currently 5900

On 24/03/2022 at 21:23, Snowys Backside said:

Hudds by 30. 

Hope Craven Park gets a good 5k plus crowd. 

Highly doubtful... Remember hudds will bring virtually no traveling support.

Would love Barrow to roll them over, but I can't see it. The full time pros should win this one without too much panic. 

On 25/03/2022 at 15:34, ShropshireBull said:

Barrow have done everything right and this is what the cup should be about, rewarding those clubs who´ve done work outside the spotlight to have a done in the sun. Result is immaterial, it´s a great boost for sponsors fans and the club as a whole. What is the capacity at the ground these days?

They are this seasons York, came up with a barrel of momentum and that has carried them into an excellent first half of the season. 

Absolutely agree, hope the club have a fantastic day, result aside.

15 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Highly doubtful... Remember hudds will bring virtually no traveling support.

Would love Barrow to roll them over, but I can't see it. The full time pros should win this one without too much panic. 

How do you define "virtually no traveling support"?

Is there a specific number required or a percentage of average home crowd or something else?

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I’m trying to convince my wife that watching Barrow v Huddersfield is a great Mother’s Day treat, not making much headway so far. 

Time to look for a new wife.  🙄

2 hours ago, meast said:

How do you define "virtually no traveling support"?

Is there a specific number required or a percentage of average home crowd or something else?

Exactly, I'd imagine a good few Huddersfield fans will enjoy the trip to Barrow. It will be a great day (weather looks good). We don't always have to make things into a wazzing contest do we?

Archived