Sun 27 Mar: CC6: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 14:00 (Premier)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/22 at 13:30

I'll be making my first trip of the season to the HJ and I expect Wire to win.  Having said that, I expected it last week too.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Can't see lightning striking twice.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Warrington need to play much smarter in the middle. Start chesting up the defenders more, getting to floor quickly and forcing a third Wakefield player to "join" the tackle late. They can then pressure the ref to penalise Wakey for flopping. 

With such a lightweight middle unit, Wire need to be far more intelligent, particularly around the collisions. 

6 hours ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

Wakey to go back to back by a late drop goal. 

Wouldn’t put it past wakey, wire are improved by having hughes banned and should have charnley, Clark, mullaney and give a debut to magoulis. So I am expecting a tight game with a wire win. 

On 24/03/2022 at 17:30, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Can't see lightning striking twice.

You should try going out in a thunderstorm pal, happens all the time.

No disrespect to my Wire friends on here but I'd love a Wakey win as the after match home team coach interview will be much more appealing.

But still,

Wire 26 Wakey 18.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 26/03/2022 at 05:05, Old Frightful said:

You should try going out in a thunderstorm pal, happens all the time.

No disrespect to my Wire friends on here but I'd love a Wakey win as the after match home team coach interview will be much more appealing.

But still,

Wire 26 Wakey 18.

Today is as much about the coaches as anything else, can the old dog Powell out think the novice Poaching, Powell has to completely change around what his forwards are doing and get them to lay a platform for the backs, whilst will Poaching employ a big bench like last week and steamroll over a lightweight Wire pack again?

Then we come to the halfs, William's and Widdop were completely outplayed by Lino and Miller, is that down to the performance of the forwards? 

Looking forward to what should be an intriguing game, played out as much between the ear holes as on the field.

Last week I suggested Wakefield would win, I see nothing to change my mind this week.

Trinity's record in the CC for the last 40/50years had been poor, even worse over the past 20. We just don't turn up for these games. The result last week will have been a kick up the backside for Warrington, and the 2 points last week were far more important to Trinity so maybe the edge might not be there.

I can't see a win for us this time, but then I thought that last week

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Trinity's record in the CC for the last 40/50years had been poor, even worse over the past 20. We just don't turn up for these games. The result last week will have been a kick up the backside for Warrington, and the 2 points last week were far more important to Trinity so maybe the edge might not be there.

I can't see a win for us this time, but then I thought that last week

I sometimes wonder why people state history as a precursor to winning or losing a particular game or games, I shouldn't think that the coach or players consider previous encounters especially years ago when most players would still be in short pants, you have a new coach with new ideas concentrate on the next 80 mins not what has passed before, you will do OK today, and when Trinity click they are a joy to watch just like if I dare say it Cas yesterday!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Last weeks result was more important, hopefully no injuries and a decent performance.  Challenge Cup only counts at Wembley.

Up the Trin 

I can confidently predict you won’t be winning at Wembley this year.

Some big name halves not looking so great this season, Williams the latest with a bad error.

Big Eorl picks up the Jonathon Davies pronunciation of the word "Pooer".

Terrific try from Wire subject to VR.

1 minute ago, snapski said:

This commentary team walks all over the sky one. They should have binned Bill Arthur for Mark Wilson as soon as it became clear Arthur is a bumbling fool as lead. 

Opinions eh?

I think they're rubbish.

Wire over again and it's not looking great for Trin.

• Like 1