Sun 27 Mar: CC6: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 14:00 (Premier)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/22 at 13:30

Maybe a penalty try, maybe not. But why that was not given a proper examination will need explaining.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pure arrogance from the ref there and is what can trigger the game turning into something ugly. There is absolutely no reason the referee couldn't have had another look there even if he was so sure (which he clearly wasn't). The players obviously thought something was up and there was clearly something up.

Should be dropped next week for that. Absolutely ridiculous.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, FearTheVee said:

What happened re: the penalty try for those not watching Premier?

Wakey kicked through, two Wire players practically mugged the Wakey man chasing and in front, definitely pulled him back yet Smith didn't even consider a VR.

I would say it was 80% a penalty try and 100% a sin bin.

He'll miss next week will Jack Smith, of that you can be certain.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

You on fb?

Just now, FearTheVee said:

Last play of the half Trinity ran it on the 5th tackle, made a break down the right wing and then kicked back infield for the Wakefield players to chase. Tanginoa was clearly going to be first to the ball over the try line but was tackled a couple of metres out preventing him from scoring. Max Jowitt who was next of the chasing pack was also brought down.

The referee instantly pointed to a 20 metre restart when it was obvious that a foul had been committed by 1 if not 2 Warrington players. He then flatly refused to go to the screen and check it.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Wakey kicked through, two Wire players practically mugged the Wakey man chasing and in front, definitely pulled him back yet Smith didn't even consider a VR.

My Wakey mate just told me bet they have him again next week v Salford. Made me chuckle, but he’s probably right.

1 minute ago, snapski said:

My Wakey mate just told me they have him again next week v Salford

I bet they won't.

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Thanks - sounds a clanger

2 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Thanks - sounds a clanger

Jack Smith after this game...

The kids will love it - and so will the adults! Relive your childhood with  these recreations of the Clangers this Easter - Lincolnshire Live

1 minute ago, Chris22 said:

You're clearly better at this sort of stuff than me so...ermm..any chance of a video of the half time interviews on the pitch?

Ahem...

With a bit more composure, Wakey could have been two or three tries ahead here.

Aside from a penalty try.

Just now, Old Frightful said:

With a bit more composure, Wakey could have been two or three tries ahead here.

Aside from a penalty try.

A serious and repeated threat to Warrington's left side, but Wakey passes are going awry at the crucial moment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lino is leading the Wire defence a merry dance.

Again.

REECE LYNE!!!!!!!!

sensational!!!

Archived