Sun 27 Mar: CC6: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 14:00 (Premier)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/22 at 13:30

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

Certainly things are not going to plan for either at the Wolves.

In my opinion Powell hasn't gone forward as a coach like i thought he would

Having a pack made up of residents of Lilliput isn't helping their go forward.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, johnh1 said:

Can the disciplinary look at the professional foul by Wire? I know it is no help to Wakey, but it would be some sort of justice if he (Thewlis I think) got a ban.

It would have been, at worse, a sin bin so no

39 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

sorry but I still can’t believe this decision I mean come on…

It happens all the time when we play Leeds, just glad it didn't effect today's outcome. What a Q/F tie to look forward to and on current form I fancy us to take Wigan surely the tie of the round.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Hope you get to the Final, glad  Warrington and Leeds are out.

Cheers mate we have waited long enough. Enjoyed coming down for the pre-season in Jan and I'm sure you will get promoted and replace Leeds all being well. That would just cap it off. Be good to get our friends up to the SL again and put more misery on those horrible Leeds fans hehe

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Cheers mate we have waited long enough. Enjoyed coming down for the pre-season in Jan and I'm sure you will get promoted and replace Leeds all being well. That would just cap it off. Be good to get our friends up to the SL again and put more misery on those horrible Leeds fans hehe

We need different teams in the final, I know there's not much to choose from but Wakefield  v Huddersfield but be a change from Saints ( although i don't mind them) Wire,Wigan,Hull and Leeds gets repetitive.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

We need different teams in the final, I know there's not much to choose from but Wakefield  v Huddersfield but be a change from Saints ( although i don't mind them) Wire,Wigan,Hull and Leeds gets repetitive.

The last 7 finals have seen 9 different finalists. 

Saints

Cas

Leeds

Salford

Wire

Catalans

Wigan

Hull

Hull KR

I get the point you are making, but we are seeing plenty of teams get their day in the sun. But I do hope Wakey make it now, I enjoy watching the way they play. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Saints

Cas

Leeds

Salford

Wire

Catalans

Wigan

Hull

Hull KR

I get the point you are making, but we are seeing plenty of teams get their day in the sun. But I do hope Wakey make it now, I enjoy watching the way they play. 

TBF it was Starbug saying the RFL won't want a club like Wakefield getting through which kicked this off.

The days of Wire and Wigan bringing 25,000 to the Cup Final are long gone. Clubs like Wakefield, starved of success, are just as likely to bring as many as Wire or Wigan in the current climate.

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Saints

Cas

Leeds

Salford

Wire

Catalans

Wigan

Hull

Hull KR

Yeah it just seems to be same quite often lol.

At first glance, at speed, it looked like the player tackled off the ball might have been in an offside position from the second kick. Hard to tell without the video ref replay though.

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

TBF it was Starbug saying the RFL won't want a club like Wakefield getting through which kicked this off.

The days of Wire and Wigan bringing 25,000 to the Cup Final are long gone. Clubs like Wakefield, starved of success, are just as likely to bring as many as Wire or Wigan in the current climate.

I agree, I've been there when Wire took probably 25k (maybe more) in those earlier finals, yet against Saints it could have been half that. 

In that first final for 19 years in 2009 I went with a group of around 16, versus Saints only 2 of us went. I even missed a couple (Funnily enough the ones we lost). 

The buzz around the first final for years is immense. 

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I was at Wembley the last time Wakefield were there, 1979. I'd be delighted if they got there this year - there's a couple of generations of Trinity fans who deserve it.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

At first glance, at speed, it looked like the player tackled off the ball might have been in an offside position from the second kick. Hard to tell without the video ref replay though.

After seeing it only once, the other thing to look at is that the Wakey player's arm goes across the Wire defenders body before he pulls it and drags him down, there may be a case for interference. 

But it should have been looked at, it was odd refereeing, and it doesn't matter now anyway! 

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

I was at Wembley the last time Wakefield were there, 1979. I'd be delighted if they got there this year - there's a couple of generations of Trinity fans who deserve it.

Obviously, the same logic doesn't extend to the three generations of Wire fans who haven't seen their club become champions 😉 

Archived