Sun 27 Mar: CC6: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 14:00 (Premier)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/22 at 13:30

1 hour ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

It’s a real shame that game wasn’t on bbc 2 premier sports do fantastic coverage of the game but obviously a far bigger audience on bbc 2 would have showcased a exciting close game. I mean Leeds v Cas was pretty poor yesterday wasn’t it…

Yeah but no one was to know that,could have been other way round.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s unlikely but a final like Wakey verses HKR would be good for the game if we’re saying we want both a fresh feel to it and a team to win it who hasn’t won one for 40+ years. I clearly hope Wigan make it but a final like that would be a special occasion and I’d imagine both sets of fans would back it extremely well. 

Whoever gets there, I’m looking forward to that final at the Tottenham stadium. It should at the very least be 90% full and it looks a special place. 

37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Meh, LLS is where it's at 🤣

Is that you, Daryl Powell?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The last 7 finals have seen 9 different finalists. 

Yes, but the annual posts about wanting to see "a new name on the cup" have been identical for the last two decades at least.

Translated into plain speech, what it really means is that the poster has a massive grudge against one of the clubs still left in the cup, at whatever round they post that opinion.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The last 7 finals have seen 9 different finalists. 

Hull KR

That must have been the 2015 final.

How did that go?

4 hours ago, OMEGA said:

I said a threat to the top 4

Just out of interest, apart from Sts and maybe Catalan which other two teams are Trinity “miles off”

That is a hard question for us general fans as in we tend to go from one extreme to another... I like Wakefield to do well mainly because friends are keen supporters but I support another team...

extreme to another... a very poor Leeds team easily built Wakefield and Wakefield looked miles off and comments may not have been so generous,  they have beat Warrington twice which suggest they are a good team or Warrington are struggling...

So the answer to your question based on the Warrington's games they are not far off... time will tell

2 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Cheers mate we have waited long enough. Enjoyed coming down for the pre-season in Jan and I'm sure you will get promoted and replace Leeds all being well. That would just cap it off. Be good to get our friends up to the SL again and put more misery on those horrible Leeds fans hehe

Oi you I'm not horrible. I've always had a soft spot for Wakey going back to early 60s when I was a boy and Leeds couldnt by a win at Wakefield and Leeds fans were calling Wakey fans horrible.  I hope you win the cup 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 hours ago, WN83 said:

It’s unlikely but a final like Wakey verses HKR would be good for the game if we’re saying we want both a fresh feel to it and a team to win it who hasn’t won one for 40+ years. I clearly hope Wigan make it but a final like that would be a special occasion and I’d imagine both sets of fans would back it extremely well. 

Whoever gets there, I’m looking forward to that final at the Tottenham stadium. It should at the very least be 90% full and it looks a special place. 

How about a repeat of the final from 60 years ago...Wakefield v Huddersfield ?

Collective heart attacks at the RFL.

13 hours ago, WN83 said:

Don't forget there is a string possibility that Fev and Leigh would also be playing in the 1895 final which will be the curtain raiser, I would conservatively say they would swell the attendance by 10,000, and I think that game would appeal to a lot of the fans of the other finalists who would get there early enough to watch most of it.

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't forget there is a string possibility that Fev and Leigh would also be playing in the 1895 final which will be the curtain raiser, I would conservatively say they would swell the attendance by 10,000, and I think that game would appeal to a lot of the fans of the other finalists who would get there early enough to watch most of it.

Wakefield v Castleford for the CC Final and Fev in the other.  One big happy family. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Wakefield v Castleford for the CC Final and Fev in the other.  One big happy family. 

Or Hull FC v Hull KR in the CC Final....one big unhappy family.

13 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

11 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Or Saints with the Leigh connection (not Wigan, please) and one other East of the Pennines teams to set up two Lancashire/Yorkshire games.

21 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

But no neutral wants to see another blow out score line. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

15 hours ago, redjonn said:

That is a hard question for us general fans as in we tend to go from one extreme to another... I like Wakefield to do well mainly because friends are keen supporters but I support another team...

extreme to another... a very poor Leeds team easily built Wakefield and Wakefield looked miles off and comments may not have been so generous,  they have beat Warrington twice which suggest they are a good team or Warrington are struggling...

So the answer to your question based on the Warrington's games they are not far off... time will tell

So you just chose the ONLY game, in fact the only half we've played badly in all year, brilliant.

I’d like to address a fundamental misconception being peddled by some on here as to how RL works in Wakefield.

This idea that Trinity won’t sell their share of tickets, if, and it’s a huge if, they make the Cup final.

Trinity have a base support of around 5,000.

Although not terrible it should be better but there are reasons. 1, a total lack of real success since the late sixties. 2. an appalling stadium as is well noted on here. 3. a shocking tendency to sell players just as we start to progress. 4, an equally appalling record financially over a number of years that has alienated the club from many. 5, a poor relationship with the amateur and the junior game in particular.

In the last 8 years most of these issues bar success have been addressed to some degree. 1, no success as yet. 2, being sorted. 3, have not sold a player in years. 4, best kept finances in SL even if they are the lowest. 5, vastly improved relationship with local RL and the community in general.

What people need to understand is that although Trinity itself isn’t currently as well supported as it should be, see above. Wakefield remains a massive RL town, with numerous large and well run clubs and played or supported in most schools. Stanley Rangers, Crigglestone, Eastmoor, Sharleston, Normanton and a fair few more clubs.

There is a huge support for the game in the area and I guarantee you that the above people along with the casuals and past fans and bandwagon jumpers will flock to see Trinity in a final. We will have no trouble whatsoever selling cup final tickets.

How we translate that to fans at BV is another matter.

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I’d like to address a fundamental misconception being peddled by some on here as to how RL works in Wakefield.

This idea that Trinity won’t sell their share of tickets, if, and it’s a huge if, they make the Cup final.

Trinity have a base support of around 5,000.

I have to agree with this comment and the rest of the post. I have been following Wakey longer than most and certainly in my time we had a support base up there with the best. I am sure a good cup run and a team playing attractive rugby that wins more than it loosses will see gates and support increase.

Having seen some of the attendances posted this weekend from the 'supposedly bigger clubs' including the 2.5 k at Warrington yesterday , Wakeys support base should be of little concern. It will be interesting to see our home attendance in the next round especially as it will be live on TV

21 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

So you just chose the ONLY game, in fact the only half we've played badly in all year, brilliant.

well that's bias view of what I wrote... to repeat a part of what I wrote...

So how you have got your "knickers in a twist" I have no idea.

Also my comment was also about how we fans view things from one extreme to another... always based on the latest game. That was my point if you read all my comment again, and thus I was pointing out the example of from one game to another.

So yes to make the point of how we fans go from one extreme to another of course I chose the games to make that point. Thought it was obvious...

Archived