Sun 27 Mar: CC6: Warrington Wolves v Wakefield Trinity KO 14:00 (Premier)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/03/22 at 13:30

On 27/03/2022 at 14:16, Old Frightful said:

Crowd looks to be about 3K if that.

I was only a few hundred out.

2,600, pitiful.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/03/2022 at 18:06, Dave T said:

After seeing it only once, the other thing to look at is that the Wakey player's arm goes across the Wire defenders body before he pulls it and drags him down, there may be a case for interference. 

But it should have been looked at, it was odd refereeing, and it doesn't matter now anyway! 

i was at the game on sunday, it looked dead set a binning, i've only just now watched the highlights,

the wakey player does do first contact across thewlis chest, who thewlis then grapples his arm, tanginoa also grabs hold of the shirt of the player on his left, no way that smith could have seen that though

47 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i was at the game on sunday, it looked dead set a binning, i've only just now watched the highlights,

the wakey player does do first contact across thewlis chest, who thewlis then grapples his arm, tanginoa also grabs hold of the shirt of the player on his left, no way that smith could have seen that though

Yes, it was messy, so I'm not sure it would have automatically gone Wakey's way anyway, but as you say the ref can't have seen everything there and he actually signalled that it was shoulder to shoulder, which it wasn't. 

It was a mistake. 

Do the RFL make a point of announcing whether a match official has had action taken against them as regards a major blunder or do we only get to find out when they're missing from the SL match appointments?

Thankfully, major refereeing errors happen fairly rarely, in spite of the constant accusations of some folk on social media and forums such as ours.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

33 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Do the RFL make a point of announcing whether a match official has had action taken against them as regards a major blunder or do we only get to find out when they're missing from the SL match appointments?

Thankfully, major refereeing errors happen fairly rarely, in spite of the constant accusations of some folk on social media and forums such as ours.

I'm not sure that should ever happen.

When a player makes a mistake, or even if I #### up at work, the manager will work with them to improve performance. 

We rarely see players outright dropped, I don't ever get taken off tasks at work, but sometimes we do see a ref allocated a lower division game. 

I think we just have to accept that ongoing coaching and development is happening. 

Archived