Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Whitehaven v St Helens KO 14:00 (Sportsman)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Whitehaven
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/22 at 14:30

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

quite a few over rated players in that saints side, Grace wouldnt get a gig in the NRL for starters- was Lomax playing?, haven may have kept them to 18-20 points had the conditions not been so perfect - their coach wanted 100% effort and guts and thats what he got - well done Whitehaven

The NRL is great -  train is never late.. on any subject on this forum...

Cant remember anyone saying Grace is a top top winger who should play NRL, just a good winger in a (normally) very good saint's team. These types of games (CC or preseason friendlys) are tricky for any top side - SL or NRL -  its how the top players and teams adapt and deal with them that matters, well done Saints.

Well done Haven, great first half and made a few ££.

I have to say, the coverage on the Sportsman was great. They really are carrying on from where they left off last season. It won't do much for the visibility of the sport, but for fans who know where to find it, they are a great addition to the overall coverage of rugby league. I love watching their Cup games. 

18 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

I have to say, the coverage on the Sportsman was great. They really are carrying on from where they left off last season. It won't do much for the visibility of the sport, but for fans who know where to find it, they are a great addition to the overall coverage of rugby league. I love watching their Cup games. 

Hardly great,the coverage failed to show the quagmire pitch that would be a levelled you were blabbering on about.

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Hardly great,the coverage failed to show the quagmire pitch that would be a levelled you were blabbering on about.

To be fair they must have spent a fortune on the special effects to make it look like a lovely sunny day with a pitch in good condition. 

47 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

So what happened to the "Cumbrian Quagmire" you were babbling on about pre game marra? - pitch looked great to me.

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

So what happened to the "Cumbrian Quagmire" you were babbling on about pre game marra? - pitch looked great to me.

Looked better than I expected "marra". The sun must have dried it out a bit. The ground didn't look great mind - really run down. And what's with that name 'The LEL Arena'??

Who on earth calls that place an "arena"??? 🤣

15 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Looked better than I expected "marra". The sun must have dried it out a bit. The ground didn't look great mind - really run down. And what's with that name 'The LEL Arena'??

Did someone from Whitehaven once pinch your half time pie or something equally as bad as you seem to have a bit of a problem with the Club

18 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

No idea lad, I'm not a Haven fan, but using a bit of common sense I think its just a sponsorship name - like calling a stadium a Jungle etc

You really don't like Haven do you lad, your wife/husband run off with a marra?

1 hour ago, TheFlash said:

I don't have a problem with them at all. A decent local amateur club at the end of the day. Hopefully they made a few quid from the big boys arriving to play them today, and can invest the proceeds in improving some infrastructure - it looks like facilities have been somewhat neglected up there. 

Have you got your parents permission to come on a internet forum ??

2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

Don't you realise teams below SL are cash short to keep going never mind maintain their grounds ? How many SHARE with a football club ? Get a grip!

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

No idea lad, I'm not a Haven fan, but using a bit of common sense I think its just a sponsorship name - like calling a stadium a Jungle etc

You really don't like Haven do you lad, your wife/husband run off with a marra?

Hate to think what he thinks  of the jungle and belle Vue lol.

3 hours ago, LeeF said:

Did someone from Whitehaven once pinch your half time pie or something equally as bad as you seem to have a bit of a problem with the Club

More like the seagulls pooped on his chips.

Brilliant effort Haven…..use the money wisely.

7 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

quite a few over rated players in that saints side, Grace wouldnt get a gig in the NRL for starters- was Lomax playing?, haven may have kept them to 18-20 points had the conditions not been so perfect - their coach wanted 100% effort and guts and thats what he got - well done Whitehaven

Given that was Grace's first game for 5 months hardly a surprise he was somewhat not match fit and off the pace.

On the game itself, good effort from Haven, played that game like it was their cup final.

One final note on the commentary from the Sportsman - bloody awful. Riley & Henderson sound like a poor mans chuckle brothers. Henderson especially has such a whiney irritating voice, sounds like his balls are caught in a vice with his high pitch squeals.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

One final note on the commentary from the Sportsman - bloody awful. Riley & Henderson sound like a poor mans chuckle brothers. Henderson especially has such a whiney irritating voice, sounds like his balls are caught in a vice with his high pitch squeals.

Henderson SHOUTS TOO MUCH, and the less said about Riley the better. Enjoyed the game on mute. 🤣

Watched the game back, it’s a shame Riley is anywhere near the sport anyway and Henderson needs to calm down and stop shouting, his passion isn’t a bad thing but the way he’s expressing it needs toning down slightly. 

No excuses for that shocker of a first half from Saints. Second half fitness, being full-time and having a full compliment of seventeen players told. Whitehaven had a real good dig and were rightfully proud of their display and their club. 

Anyone having a dig at whitehaven or the clubs facilities needs to give their head a serious wobble we are part time club we don’t have a sugar daddy that a lot clubs have we don’t have much money the club doesn’t own a football stadium that most do nowadays we have a traditional old rugby ground we can’t compete with the money of sl I’m so proud of my team and town after yesterday how many other teams would keep saints under 50 a lot of sl sides would get beat by more it’s a about being respectful and saints did that in buckets yesterday well done to them and the best of luck them they are a top top club and their fans wer brilliant just wish Cumbria in general could have game like that weekly as our county needs it 

Well said Havenfan13 , both Town and Haven are kept going by lots of unpaid volunteers who get through a lot of work to try and keep the pitch and grounds in reasonable condition , these people save the Clubs thousands of pounds and without them things would be much tougher .

Archived