Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/22 at 17:00

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJB on the philosophical rambling route.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The watershed moment for Saints was the Cas hammering in the cup before Holbrook come in, Leeds are at that point today. Fans disengaged and disenchanted, players look devoid of any confidence or cohesion and the results are more woeful with each passing week. 

The next appointment is huge. Leeds need a clean break from the golden generation and past Leeds players and employees. 

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I don't think that is true at all. He sees the club as a fan as much as a professional.

He'll be a critical part of the rebuild.

That could be a hindrance. Sometimes you need a bit of distance to identify and deal with the issues. JJB's unabashed love for the Rhinos might give him blind spots when it comes to tough decisions.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

That could be a hindrance. Sometimes you need a bit of distance to identify and deal with the issues. JJB's unabashed love for the Rhinos might give him blind spots when it comes to tough decisions.

I don't think he will be the man to make them and would profess that himself too.

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't think that is true at all. He sees the club as a fan as much as a professional.

He'll be a critical part of the rebuild.

They had Mr Leeds Peacock around there, then Mr Leeds Sinfield - now JJB floating around. That 2005-2015 alumni is casting a huge shadow over the club. They need someone from outside with a clearer more ruthless approach.

Just now, Scubby said:

They had Mr Leeds Peacock around there, then Mr Leeds Sinfield - now JJB floating around. That 2005-2015 alumni is casting a huge shadow over the club. They need someone from outside with a clearer more ruthless approach.

Doesn't that suggest that its not any of those players, but the figures at the club who have consistently made the decisions?

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Peacock may have been a "great" player, but he not good at anything off the field. 

hes not bad at sudoku 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

27 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Doesn't that suggest that its not any of those players, but the figures at the club who have consistently made the decisions?

Yes, I am not blaming those individuals but the management who has tried to create a legacy with local players who are simply not good enough but also clogging up the squad.

Leeds 2005-2015 was completely unique in a salary cap sport - the core of that squad made a lot of sacrifices to stay together. The next generation of stars will come through but trying to recreate the model now is completely flawed. You can't just get a guaranteed gig in the Leeds backline because you were a junior x years ago or have been around for a few years.

Archived