Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/22 at 17:00

18 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yes, I am not blaming those individuals but the management who has tried to create a legacy with local players who are simply not good enough but also clogging up the squad.

Leeds 2005-2015 was completely unique in a salary cap sport - the core of that squad made a lot of sacrifices to stay together. The next generation of stars will come through but trying to recreate the model now is completely flawed. You can't just get a guaranteed gig in the Leeds backline because you were a junior x years ago or have been around for a few years.

I think you're being a tad harsh there and directing the problems in the wrong place.

The problems at Leeds Rhinos (and I'm talking the whole club) over the past few years lie squarely with Gary Hetherington, Rob Oates and the rest of the senior management.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think you're being a tad harsh there and directing the problems in the wrong place.

The problems at Leeds Rhinos (and I'm talking the whole club) over the past few years lie squarely with Gary Hetherington, Rob Oates and the rest of the senior management.

That's why a football reset cannot come from the old guard IMO. The best resets I can think of in RL terms was either Tony Smith going to Warrington (post Paul Cullen), or Michael Maguire Wigan (post Millward, Noble). They are coaches who grabbed hold of the whole football side of things and created standards and a culture when it was wobbling.

Anyone able to state the attendance for this game?

Seems the Super League clubs,and their supporters,are trying to get the Challenge Cup done away with such is the apathy they show for the tournament. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

14 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Seems the Super League clubs,and their supporters,are trying to get the Challenge Cup done away with such is the apathy they show for the tournament. 

Haven't seen a figure but it looked about 6-7k at best.

26 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That's why a football reset cannot come from the old guard IMO. The best resets I can think of in RL terms was either Tony Smith going to Warrington (post Paul Cullen), or Michael Maguire Wigan (post Millward, Noble). They are coaches who grabbed hold of the whole football side of things and created standards and a culture when it was wobbling.

In fairness, the standards and culture are what Sinfield and, in his press conference after the game, JJB have both raised once they were in leading positions. KS changed a lot, but the foundations clearly weren't solid enough. JJB sounds like he has kept quiet on some points through the start of this season when he wasn't happy.

28 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Let's see what happens when RL Commercial get hold of it.......

Not sure that JJB is really a head coach figure yet.

Having said that, I loved his post-match interview. He laid it out with an honesty, a love, and a touch of quirkiness.

''We're in a deep hole at the moment. We have two options. We can either be buried alive or we can set about building strong foundations.''

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I know, I know. Presumably that is why there are so many live cup games on TV.😀

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Yes, I am not blaming those individuals but the management who has tried to create a legacy with local players who are simply not good enough but also clogging up the squad.

Leeds 2005-2015 was completely unique in a salary cap sport - the core of that squad made a lot of sacrifices to stay together. The next generation of stars will come through but trying to recreate the model now is completely flawed. You can't just get a guaranteed gig in the Leeds backline because you were a junior x years ago or have been around for a few years.

It’s like a married couple trying to replicate their honeymoon. You can put all of the right elements in place but it will just never be the same. 

Hetherington needs to learn that players want to earn decent money. A state of the art training ground and a nice gym won’t put food on the table or look after you after you retire. 

Here's that Jones-Buchanan post match press conference in full.

I suspect reactions to this could be polarised.

There may be those who find it honest and perhaps slightly inspiring.

And then there will be those who see nothing but a sea of rambling, pseudo-intellectual bullsh1t interspersed with a series of increasingly maddening references to how things were done when he was a player.

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Totally agree

Hetherington sitting there offering zero responsibility is a sign of the times. 

We have various people, adam pearson, gary hetherington and karl fitzpatrick who have made various flawed decisions over the last few years

The decision to sign Austin and Sezer was most certainly flawed and maybe Agar and hetherington should take credit for that, as well of course losing Luke Gale

Austin was bang average at warrington last year and sezer could mostly not make the team at huddersfield, 

Kruise leeming has also stopped running from dummy half and is instead trying to manage in this role as captain 

Jack walker has done ok in a beaten team but is nowhete near consistent enough

Then tetevano is sort of playing anywhere and when the spine is struggling the whole team is struggling. 

Today, the spine of Evalds, Trueman, Obrien, mcshane and westerman totally dominated line speed and the difference was immense. The lines of attack were deep and the passing was often very quick and very accurate

Leeds on the other hand were stood still, ball went to ground and 8n defence they were mostly passive

6 hours ago, M j M said:

Here's that Jones-Buchanan post match press conference in full.

I suspect reactions to this could be polarised.

There may be those who find it honest and perhaps slightly inspiring.

And then there will be those who see nothing but a sea of rambling, pseudo-intellectual bullsh1t interspersed with a series of increasingly maddening references to how things were done when he was a player.

As a head coach he makes a good youtube philosopher 

A poor man's Eric Cantona 

10 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Peacock may have been a "great" player, but he not good at anything off the field. 

Off the field ? I think he's doing fine 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

At least Leeds own their own ground.Thats what REALLY matters, as we are constantly being lectured on here.😀

The two new Stands are mortgaged and due be paid off in almost 40 years . If they don't default.  I'm also a bit concerned about the pitch too . 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

At least Leeds own their own ground.Thats what REALLY matters, as we are constantly being lectured on here.😀

Will you ever stop confusing short-term playing issues with long-term financial and viability ones?

Probably not. Keeping your fingers crossed your backers don't keel over isn't much of a strategy.

1 minute ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

The two new Stands are mortgaged and due be paid off in almost 40 years . If they don't default.  I'm also a bit concerned about the pitch too . 

Leeds inserted a clause which enables them to overpay so it won't be that long.

Just now, M j M said:

Leeds inserted a clause which enables them to overpay so it won't be that long.

Mate I'm with you I only said that to GIVE M John some more bait . Dont confuse my post. I agree it gets wearisome reading there digs at a club because it upgraded its stadium 

JAMIE PEACOCK

We often complain about the BBC reporters, but when the local news writes two different scores in the report and they're both wrong, you know there's something wrong!

Not sure what games Matthew Shaw was watching, but don't think he should be writing the player ratings if he's not even sure about the score!

https://www-leeds--live-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-player-ratings-castleford-23511958.amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16483680719469&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.leeds-live.co.uk%2Fsport%2Frugby-league%2Fleeds-rhinos-player-ratings-castleford-23511958

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived