Mark Kheirallah

Edited by gazza77
Spelling
  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• gazza77 changed the title to Mark Kheirallah

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Great pick up and very experienced. Shame if he displaces the current full back as he has been outstanding.

I agree 100%, I wasn't sure when we signed Pickersgill, but he has consistently being one of our better players all season.

Will one of them move onto the wing? But who would you drop, Briscoe... Gale... not sure what McDermott will do, but he sure has no shortage of options.

Tony Smith's Giants won promotion unbeaten in 2002 - but they dropped their only point in a draw at Whitehaven. This Rovers squad is equally good - if not better.

Last week was Featherstone's hiccup at Batley (after the 54-20 Cup win there !).

Thing is it’s a long season with lots of twists and turns. Yes we dropped a point at Batley,don’t have a problem they are a good well coached team. We will need a top squad not just 17 players so for me a good signing and probably not the last.

I have said it from the start of the season that the Leigh squad is not big enough, they are falling behind Fev in both the size and quality of their signings, this new signing of Kheirallah by Fev confirms their ambition to win the Championship and gain promotion.

We Leigh fans keep being told that new signings are on their way but apart from Inu we are not seeing much movement in the market.

I don't think there is any question of doubt that Fev and Leigh will contest the Championship GF (said with due respect to the other teams) even if Leigh do not make any more signings, and as a Leigh fan I am hopeful that if it is later in the season that we get in new bodies they have enough time to "gel" into the team, for what will be a winner takes all game, nothing that will have transpired previously in the season will be of any consequence when that game kicks off, which will create a few nerves for the management, player's and speccies of both teams, it could down to a bounce of the ball, an injury or has more likely this season an indifferent/bad refereeing decision, which we have witnessed all to often recently.

• Like 1

Harry Old Boy, in May SL players will know if they have a 2023 contract or not, be that a NO or a MAYBE, there will be plenty NRL lads being told they are surplus because they have never broke through and better are pushing, SC issues or at the end of their career.

Some SL lads will want to show they are good enough, some NRL the same, some NRL will be a last chance to qualify for SL admission or play a career out in a different country.

We will have 2-4 extra bodies by the time we play Fev next - 2 forwards being the priority then a half back with Zip.

Is this now 10 Southern Hemisphere players at Fev? Going to be some disappointed players if Fev do get promoted and Super League  criteria applied (5 max?). Also would be a bit concerned about the average age of the squad if I were a Fev fan. Still, they are looking more and more nailed on to be the team to replace Leeds next year. Sorry for Pickersgill.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Is this now 10 Southern Hemisphere players at Fev? Going to be some disappointed players if Fev do get promoted and Super League  criteria applied (5 max?). Also would be a bit concerned about the average age of the squad if I were a Fev fan. Still, they are looking more and more nailed on to be the team to replace Leeds next year. Sorry for Pickersgill.

It'll be reight

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

Is this now 10 Southern Hemisphere players at Fev? Going to be some disappointed players if Fev do get promoted and Super League  criteria applied (5 max?).

The rule is now 7 overseas players in SL, but in any case I don't think Fev are even over that level now. Connor Jones and Bayley Gill (who was born in this country when his dad Peter was playing for London Broncos) both already had British passports when they came over here, am pretty sure Jesse Sene-Lefao received a British passport last year, maybe Chisholm and Moors too who like Jesse have been settled over here for years and have families here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Can’t wait to see the comments on this forum if, as seems likely at this stage, Fev go up and Toulouse go down. 

or Leigh go straight back up at the expense of Leeds

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Can’t wait to see the comments on this forum if, as seems likely at this stage, Fev go up and Toulouse go down. 

I will not be complaining - it is what it is. Fev deserved to replace a couple of clubs during licensing and their stadium and organisation is miles better now. In the current climate they are a SL club in waiting.

The frustration with Toulouse is this total lack of long term vision causing clubs pouring millions into a yo yo dream that is unhealthy for the game.

The sport is skint and you have clubs loading their squads on Championship central distribution and 3k crowds. Leigh will fire back and spend more unsustainable money and the shoot out in October will be exciting I'm sure - similar to 2007 GF. We all know how that ended sadly.

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The rule is now 7 overseas players in SL, but in any case I don't think Fev are even over that level now. Connor Jones and Bayley Gill (who was born in this country when his dad Peter was playing for London Broncos) both already had British passports when they came over here, am pretty sure Jesse Sene-Lefao received a British passport last year, maybe Chisholm and Moors too who like Jesse have been settled over here for years and have families here.

Don't forget Kheirallah french international  

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I will not be complaining - it is what it is. Fev deserved to replace a couple of clubs during licensing and their stadium and organisation is miles better now. In the current climate they are a SL club in waiting.

The frustration with Toulouse is this total lack of long term vision causing clubs pouring millions into a yo yo dream that is unhealthy for the game.

The sport is skint and you have clubs loading their squads on Championship central distribution and 3k crowds. Leigh will fire back and spend more unsustainable money and the shoot out in October will be exciting I'm sure - similar to 2007 GF. We all know how that ended sadly.

The worry is who will be the 'Castleford' and which club will be the 'Widnes'.

• Like 1