Mark Kheirallah

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hopefully derek learnt his lesson and wrote some wage reductions or break clauses in if they dont get promoted. 

For Leigh, not only do you lose the game, but your £550k (with parachute) goes down to £150k and the side coming down gets your parachute payment next year. It really is #### or bust however, you dress it up.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Brandon Pickersgill will most likely be looking for a loan at least. Sitting on the bench or not playing at 24 is a waste.

It's a squad and we have to utilise it, it's a long season and then there's injuries and suspensions to cover.

18 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Odd signing for me given Fev's ambitions.

Quite. Especially as he's unvaccinated and coming to England where Covid rates have soared in the few short weeks since the limited remaining protections were removed by the government.........

5 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Good to see him get a gig after the off-putting way he was dispensed with and maligned in France.

"off-putting way he was dispensed with" ? He was sacked for gross mis-conduct. Not much else you can add to that. 

18 minutes ago, kiggy said:

"off-putting way he was dispensed with" ? He was sacked for gross mis-conduct. Not much else you can add to that. 

That's is why I described it as off-putting. He wasn't happy to take one of the ''vaccines'', and the club term that ''gross mis-conduct''.

He could still be there and helping keep TO in SL, if the passe vaccinal segregations have been changed (due to political expediency, mass unrest, and impending elections).

Some way to chuck the fella under the bus. And Johnathan Ford too.

I was a Toulouse fanboy. That's changed.

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hopefully derek learnt his lesson and wrote some wage reductions or break clauses in if they dont get promoted.

He has, they are all I believe on 12 month contracts, which is a worry in itself with a number of those players who could attract SL club's come May.

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Brandon Pickersgill will most likely be looking for a loan at least. Sitting on the bench or not playing at 24 is a waste.

We'll have him back at Odsal

I doubt he'll be offered though - its a squad game these days and they'll need him over the course of the season

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

That's is why I described it as off-putting. He wasn't happy to take one of the ''vaccines'', and the club term that ''gross mis-conduct''.

He could still be there and helping keep TO in SL, if the passe vaccinal segregations have been changed (due to political expediency, mass unrest, and impending elections).

Some way to chuck the fella under the bus. And Johnathan Ford too.

I was a Toulouse fanboy. That's changed.

How do you know what his contract said?  There might be terms in there that he had to fulfil.

I notice Keirallah says he got the jab & the pass sanitaire but he doesn’t say when.  From what I’ve seen, Houles is a reasonable man and iirc was one of the first to say that he was in discussion with MK early on.  It was in Houles interests to get him playing for TO so to then say there was no future for him at TO means he didn’t hear the right messages.  

7 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

We will have 2-4 extra bodies by the time we play Fev next - 2 forwards being the priority then a half back with Zip.

I think - this time around - Derek might just be playing a canny game.

The current Leigh squad is good enough for Top 2, which is all that matters right now.

Keeping their powder dry and adding some real, genuine quality in the second half of the season makes a lot of sense. 

Also I'm not convinced Kheirallah is all that great. He looked woefully out of his depth when England played France (not the only one mind) and he didn't impress in previous Middle 8s against SL teams. 

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

For Leigh, not only do you lose the game, but your £550k (with parachute) goes down to £150k and the side coming down gets your parachute payment next year. It really is #### or bust however, you dress it up.

Yep, with the way Fev are signing player's it is a case of speculating to accumulate for Leigh, it really is ###### or bust, Fev in my opinion have already decided to take this course of action, Mr Beaumont either meets fire with fire or accepts his losses on the player's he has already signed and puts the cue in the rack till next season.

What I am at a loss to understand is that Mr Beaumont has not taken up the approach and desire of Dr Koukash to join  him in financing the club.

3 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I think - this time around - Derek might just be playing a canny game.

The current Leigh squad is good enough for Top 2, which is all that matters right now.

Keeping their powder dry and adding some real, genuine quality in the second half of the season makes a lot of sense. 

Come September Degsy will be like Michael Caine on Escape to Victory

_119488320_efa66n.jpg

21 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

We'll have him back at Odsal

I doubt he'll be offered though - its a squad game these days and they'll need him over the course of the season

Finally someone talking sense thank you.

18 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

How do you know what his contract said?  There might be terms in there that he had to fulfil.

I notice Keirallah says he got the jab & the pass sanitaire but he doesn’t say when.  From what I’ve seen, Houles is a reasonable man and iirc was one of the first to say that he was in discussion with MK early on.  It was in Houles interests to get him playing for TO so to then say there was no future for him at TO means he didn’t hear the right messages.  

I was kind of bemused that Houles appeared so resigned immediately to the fact that he wouldn't play for them again.

It makes me wonder about things behind the scene there, and how the club is run.

Everything should have been done to keep both Kheirallah and Ford on the books and feeling wanted - even if that meant they couldn't play for a part of the season.

Just from what I've seen and read, I don't feel the club and Houles look all that good.

6 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I was kind of bemused that Houles appeared so resigned immediately to the fact that he wouldn't play for them again.

It makes me wonder about things behind the scene there, and how the club is run.

Everything should have been done to keep both Kheirallah and Ford on the books and feeling wanted - even if that meant they couldn't play for a part of the season.

Just from what I've seen and read, I don't feel the club and Houles look all that good.

The laws in France are/were very different from the UK and Toulouse were looking at flying in and out each week. I also assume that a number of players would have had to negotiate new contracts once promotion was confirmed. We can all be wiser after the event.

Remember the NHS were on the verge of culling thousands of staff who refused to be vaccinated.

He has found his place at Fev and will be a great addition to the squad. I think that probably enough vax talk on here or the thread will get locked. 

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

The laws in France are/were very different from the UK and Toulouse were looking at flying in and out each week. I also assume that a number of players would have had to negotiate new contracts once promotion was confirmed. We can all be wiser after the event.

Remember the NHS were on the verge of culling thousands of staff who refused to be vaccinated.

He has found his place at Fev and will be a great addition to the squad. I think that probably enough vax talk on here or the thread will get locked. 

Hmmm, yes. You're probably right.

I'm glad he has got a gig.

22 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Batley are always at their best when their backs are against the wall... low on number's they were the Batley that we all know and respect.

50's, 60's, 70's.

🤐

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, with the way Fev are signing player's

This makes me laugh  the way Fev are signing player's with the signing of  Kheirallah takes us  up to 29 the same as last year and yes we have signed a lot of new players 13 to be exact but they are just replacing the 13 that have left the club

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

MK lie To the club with a false pass . Under police investigation at the moment.

23 minutes ago, POR said:

This makes me laugh  the way Fev are signing player's with the signing of  Kheirallah takes us  up to 29 the same as last year and yes we have signed a lot of new players 13 to be exact but they are just replacing the 13 that have left the club

And only a couple of months ago there was all the talk about Fev 'Rhinos' not signing players and relying on Leeds DR to put a competitive side on the field.

59 minutes ago, POR said:

Sorry if my post came over as being facetious, it didn't mean to in fact quite the opposite, I am let's say a tad jealous in the serious way Fev are approaching this promotion campaign whilst my club are seemingly being blasé about it, I can only hope that 'our' strategy of awaiting to make signings as the season progresses is the correct one.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

I can see a loan for a few months that ends before the playoffs.  Club near relegation might take him for boost and fev get someone match fit. 

Don’t Leigh always do this. The later in the year you pick players up the further your salary cap goes. 

2 hours ago, PECETTO said:

MK lie To the club with a false pass . Under police investigation at the moment.

Ooo-laa-laa! Naughty boy, if true!

My sister used my mum's pass all the time a few months ago. This sort of thing was rampant during the restrictions. Obviously if he's caught it's not a great look for him.

I suppose there was in many a mindset of circumventing measures perceived as unjust.

Archived