Mark Kheirallah

1 hour ago, StandOffHalf said:

Ooo-laa-laa! Naughty boy, if true!

My sister used my mum's pass all the time a few months ago. This sort of thing was rampant during the restrictions. Obviously if he's caught it's not a great look for him.

I suppose there was in many a mindset of circumventing measures perceived as unjust.

It wasn't circumventing measures, it was (allegedly) a premeditated attempt to break the law with no regard to both the reputation of Rugby League in France and the Toulouse club. Not a good look for him, nor for Featherstone.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

It wasn't circumventing measures, it was (allegedly) a premeditated attempt to break the law with no regard to both the reputation of Rugby League in France and the Toulouse club. Not a good look for him, nor for Featherstone.

I suppose some might see it as continuing on the fine tradition of resistance in French RL, haha...

Not that I'm condoning it (if the allegation is true). I refused to register for or possess any of those passes, etc.

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I suppose some might see it as continuing on the fine tradition of resistance in French RL, haha...

Not that I'm condoning it (if the allegation is true). I refused to register for or possess any of those passes, etc.

Same here. There was never any justification for any of the restrictions, so if the above allegation is true, not only is he a great player, he also clearly has his own mind and excellent critical thinking skills, and accordingly treated the pointless measures with the contempt they deserved. My respect for him has just increased tenfold.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Adam B said:

Same here. There was never any justification for any of the restrictions, so if the above allegation is true, not only is he a great player, he also clearly has his own mind and excellent critical thinking skills, and accordingly treated the pointless measures with the contempt they deserved. My respect for him has just increased tenfold.

My comment is limited to the vax pass and the rumour/claim about Kheirallah circumventing the rules.

I do think it would be slightly unfortunate and could tar him if it comes out that he did break the rules.

But, yeah, I haven't lost respect for him.

15 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

That's is why I described it as off-putting. He wasn't happy to take one of the ''vaccines'', and the club term that ''gross mis-conduct''.

He could still be there and helping keep TO in SL, if the passe vaccinal segregations have been changed (due to political expediency, mass unrest, and impending elections).

Some way to chuck the fella under the bus. And Johnathan Ford too.

I was a Toulouse fanboy. That's changed.

The Gross mis-conduct charge wasn't because he refused to take the vaccine. Ford, and several others, were in the same position, Ford decided to leave of his own accord, the others went a different way, Kheirallah excluded. Which is why you see the charge laid fairly and squarely on his shoulders only.

As I've said before it is all about trust and the club lost all respect for him. He wouldn't go of his own accord, so he had to be pushed. For the club, and all those who represented it, t was a very difficult time. They are hopefully moving forward now and rebuilding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I didn't know that was what happened.

I now have a huge amount of respect for MK. It's our duty to mock, disregard and break unjust laws.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I now have a huge amount of respect for MK. It's our duty to mock, disregard and break unjust laws.

10 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Do we all get to choose which ones we feel are unjust?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kiggy said:

The Gross mis-conduct charge wasn't because he refused to take the vaccine. Ford, and several others, were in the same position, Ford decided to leave of his own accord, the others went a different way, Kheirallah excluded. Which is why you see the charge laid fairly and squarely on his shoulders only.

As I've said before it is all about trust and the club lost all respect for him. He wouldn't go of his own accord, so he had to be pushed. For the club, and all those who represented it, t was a very difficult time. They are hopefully moving forward now and rebuilding. 

I don't quite get the drift of your comment.

The club pushed him out because he wouldn't walk, and then tar his name in a press release? Is that what you are saying?

Seems bad form from TO to me.

Plus, of course, it is quite possible that the Toulouse club manufactured this claim to cast aspersions on Kheirallah and justify sacking him.

Such an unsubstantiated claim should be treated with scepticism.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Plus, of course, it is quite possible that the Toulouse club manufactured this claim to cast aspersions on Kheirallah and justify sacking him.

You are Mark Keirallah and I claim my €10

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Tubby said:

Do we all get to choose which ones we feel are unjust?

Some, like forcing a medical procedure on someone or they'll lose their job are quite obviously wrong.  I'm still struggling to believe that this was even considered in alleged liberal democracies, let alone actually enacted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Some, like forcing a medical procedure on someone or they'll lose their job are quite obviously wrong.  I'm still struggling to believe that this was even considered in alleged liberal democracies, let alone actually enacted.

I think it was the law in France that pro sportspersons had to be double jabbed.  

19 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Obvious to whom? 

When my wife worked for the National Blood Service, she had to have various vaccinations, including Heb B & C.  This was a condition of her employment.  People seem to think this is a new thing.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 6

On 29/03/2022 at 01:32, Adam B said:

Your post is complete and utter rubbish. So much so, it should have been posted instead on the political sub forum.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

If as you most obviously think MK is a great person as well as being a great player why would the TO club and specifically the coach want to see the back of him, I think there is much more to this than has been made public.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If as you most obviously think MK is a great person as well as being a great player why would the TO club and specifically the coach want to see the back of him, I think there is much more to this than has been made public.

TRL piece 6th Feb indicated TO were Kheirallah announced he was expected to leave.

Kheirallah said he was ready to play on Feb 8th on his Instagram.

This is what the TO President had to say in La Depeche. Feb 10.

Mark Kheirallah's case is trickier.  "It's more complicated" conceded Thursday, February 10, President Bernard Sarrazain in the columns of La Dépêche du Midi.  "We had a problem, he cheated with us."  reveals the strong man of the TO.  Indeed, Mark Kheirallah would have obtained a fake vaccination pass and would have tried to use it with his leaders.  "We tried to explain to him that we could forgive him in relation to his approach", continues Bernard Sarrazain, "but he refuses to be vaccinated. He also refuses to sign the repentance that he was offered and which was mandatory  , by law. We are still in a conflict situation with him. But that will be resolved in the coming days."

Mark Kheirallah's attitude would have greatly displeased internally, especially coach Sylvain Houlès.

For this historic first Super League match, the club will also have to deal without Mathieu Jussaume, injured in the preparation match against the Catalans Dragons, lost 26-10 by the Toulouse team on January 26th.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

He fraudulently received documents, which under French law is a criminal offence. Maybe that is another unjust rule that we should all refuse to accept too ? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kiggy said:

He fraudulently received documents, which under French law is a criminal offence. Maybe that is another unjust rule that we should all refuse to accept too ? 

So Fev could be harbouring a criminal?

They won't be the first or the last English club offering refuge to a foriegn national, but seriously whatever the club decide to do as far as player recriutment is concerhed is up to them, I am sure they will have to have had the signing condoned by the RFL.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

If I refused a hep b jab, my contract with the NHS goes down the Gary glitter dave. It happens. There's reasons these laws were put in place and debated many many times over on the politics forum.

The player broke contractual rules as well as the law in France. He has his reasons as to why which really don't interest me and are probably best debated elsewhere on TRL.

MK is a good full back. Proven at this level. How his inclusion in the team is recieved by fans, players and coaches alike, will be played out soon enough.

But let's keep it real. He didn't come out of all this very well. Maybe that doesn't concern him?

C'est la vie ..... as they say in Rovrum 

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 12

43 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

So Fev could be harbouring a criminal?

They won't be the first or the last English club offering refuge to a foriegn national, but seriously whatever the club decide to do as far as player recriutment is concerhed is up to them, I am sure they will have to have had the signing condoned by the RFL.

Instinctively you'd think "stay well clear" wouldn't you H? I doubt he will be at the club if they get to Super League anyway

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Instinctively you'd think "stay well clear" wouldn't you H? I doubt he will be at the club if they get to Super League anyway

Hmmmm.

He's a class player. Whether he flouted French law won't change that and would get in any championship team.

Agree with you re super league.

23 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Hmmmm.

He's a class player. Whether he flouted French law won't change that and would get in any championship team.

Agree with you re super league.

Yeah its just baggage isn't it though, wouldn't be a good character reference. Fair enough if he has come cheap.

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah its just baggage isn't it though, wouldn't be a good character reference. Fair enough if he has come cheap.

There's a lot of baggage in RL. Taking on someone after two years out suspended for drugs is baggage.... neither is good on the cv....but they contributed well.

Warney wasn't squeaky clean was he. Wish he'd have been English.

I can separate the two.