Mark Kheirallah

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

If I refused a hep b jab, my contract with the NHS goes down the Gary glitter dave. It happens. There's reasons these laws were put in place and debated many many times over on the politics forum.

The player broke contractual rules as well as the law in France. He has his reasons as to why which really don't interest me and are probably best debated elsewhere on TRL.

MK is a good full back. Proven at this level. How his inclusion in the team is recieved by fans, players and coaches alike, will be played out soon enough.

But let's keep it real. He didn't come out of all this very well. Maybe that doesn't concern him?

C'est la vie ..... as they say in Rovrum 

I get that Robin.

My reason for being so against a mandate for this disease is that the rationale melted away fairly quickly when it became blindingly obvious to everyone except those around the world that were pushing mandates, that the vaccine does not stop anyone catching the disease.

And I say this as someone who happily got jabbed.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

I get that Robin.

My reason for being so against a mandate for this disease is that the rationale melted away fairly quickly when it became blindingly obvious to everyone except those around the world that were pushing mandates, that the vaccine does not stop anyone catching the disease.

I am not sure what you mean. As an NHS worker, I can say the vaccines create antibodies that protect against Covid. 

Regardless, as people are pointing out, he can't select which laws he wants to obey. 

Regarding his ability, from what I saw in the International against England he struggles under the high ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

I get that Robin.

Really, where is the proof of this blindingly obvious thing?

• Thanks 2

Clearly, this should be on the politics sub forum, but since the discussion is carrying on here, this is from the NHS:

Research has shown the vaccines help:

reduce your risk of getting seriously ill or dying from COVID-19

reduce your risk of catching or spreading COVID-19

protect against COVID-19 variants

Hope that helps any non-believers

Edited by JohnM
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

TRL piece 6th Feb indicated TO were Kheirallah announced he was expected to leave.

Kheirallah said he was ready to play on Feb 8th on his Instagram.

This is what the TO President had to say in La Depeche. Feb 10.

Mark Kheirallah's case is trickier.  "It's more complicated" conceded Thursday, February 10, President Bernard Sarrazain in the columns of La Dépêche du Midi.  "We had a problem, he cheated with us."  reveals the strong man of the TO.  Indeed, Mark Kheirallah would have obtained a fake vaccination pass and would have tried to use it with his leaders.  "We tried to explain to him that we could forgive him in relation to his approach", continues Bernard Sarrazain, "but he refuses to be vaccinated. He also refuses to sign the repentance that he was offered and which was mandatory  , by law. We are still in a conflict situation with him. But that will be resolved in the coming days."

Mark Kheirallah's attitude would have greatly displeased internally, especially coach Sylvain Houlès.

For this historic first Super League match, the club will also have to deal without Mathieu Jussaume, injured in the preparation match against the Catalans Dragons, lost 26-10 by the Toulouse team on January 26th.

It's a bit tricky to make sense of that translation, but my sense is that he, ultimately, was sacked because he refused to be vaccinated. The club sound to have been willing to forgive the fake pass, but his unwillingness to get the jab soured trust.

That's the way I read it. I may be wrong.

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Haha 1

Its Derek Beaumonts Fault that Kheirallah isn't Vaccinated !! 🤣

Joking apart, Class signing for the Championship. I must say though that he would be distinctly average for SL though as would Jonathan Ford.

Well done Fev.

14 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

It's a bit tricky to make sense of that translation, but my sense is that he, ultimately, was sacked because he refused to be vaccinated. The club sound to have been willing to forgive the fake pass, but his unwillingness to get the jab soured trust.

That's the way I read it. I may be wrong.

He broke the French Law that professional sportspersons had to be double jabbed.  

He messed it up for himself and his team mates.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

Possibly thinks he hasn't the ability to play at super league level

Tbf he wanted to stay at Toulouse, and appears to have attempted to fraudulently produced documents to do so...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Tbf he wanted to stay at Toulouse, and appears to have attempted to fraudulently produced documents to do so...

Pretty much.... and now he's at Fev.

As much as I'm excited to have another class full back join us, there is a part of me that's wazzin me sen about the irony of a Toulousienne rocking up station lane!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

He broke the French Law that professional sportspersons had to be double jabbed.  

He messed it up for himself and his team mates.

In not being vaxxed he didn't break the law in France. It just meant that he couldn't play for as long as the measures were in place.

9 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

They might has well bring me out of retirement !!!   He has never really rocked my boat, but you don't get many 8 ft Stand Offs do you ? 🤣

I'm loathe to post such a post because it just sounds sour grapes etc etc. I hope you've read enough my drivel over the years to be able to discern the difference between a p take and a genuine post.

Brian mcD in a coffee shop was asked by a good friend of mine circa 2019 why JF was never approached for SL.  McD's response was surprisingly in tune with your assessment rather than mine. He really didn't rate him. Has a double pump one way and a decent boot but that's it. Crapola defence.

I don't necessarily agree with his assessment but I do acknowledge McD has forgotten more about rugby than I'll ever know.

Edited by Robin Evans

Just now, Robin Evans said:

I'm loathe to post such a post because it just sounds sour grapes etc etc. I hope you've read enough of the drivel over the years to be able to discern the difference between a p take and a genuine post.

Brian mcD in a coffee shop was asked by a good friend of mine circa 2019 why JF was never approached for SL.  McD's response was surprisingly in tune with your assessment rather than mine. He really didn't rate him. Has a double pump one way and a decent boot but that's it. Crapola defence.

I don't necessarily agree with his assessment but I do acknowledge McD has forgotten more about rugby than I'll ever know.

The double pump thing is bang on, it's his go to move and when it works looks great, but he seems to do it in every attack. He does look very lazy in defence in the games I've seen him in.

Just now, dkw said:

The double pump thing is bang on, it's his go to move and when it works looks great, but he seems to do it in every attack. He does look very lazy in defence in the games I've seen him in.

You are Brian McDermott,  send me a fiver!!🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Jonno ford remines me of a paul cook type player never really breaks sweat but can change a game in a second cooky had one of the best rugby brains to play the game in his prime

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, plug said:

Jonno ford remines me of a paul cook type player never really breaks sweat but can change a game in a second cooky had one of the best rugby brains to play the game in his prime

I was always a massive fan of Cooke, a very talented player. He played for Donny at Town and we barely laid a finger on him, just totally dominated the game and made it look so easy.

10 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

In not being vaxxed he didn't break the law in France. It just meant that he couldn't play for as long as the measures were in place.

Indeed, but faking a vaccine to circumvent those measures is breaking the law in France. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, plug said:

Nor for me.   Ford isn’t and wasn’t involved enough.  Certainly a good player at Championship level though.