Workington away.

spanishknight

Fax battered town yesterday so it could be a backlash from that , we've got 3 decent hookers but jubby has excelled in the position this season , would like to see brinning given a game to prove himself , any knights win in Cumbria will be welcome😀😀😀

• Like 4

This is a great marker of where we are this season.

Ultimately only a win is good enough - ok Cumbria is never an easy place to go (just look at our record up there!) and Workington will win soon but they are bottom, shipping points for fun (40 points a game) and we won on our last visit to Workington. 

Win and we can really start to consolidate our position in the playoffs. Lose and just like last season it will seem like we are in for an inconsistent year. 

I hope we setup right, don’t play players out of position if we don’t need to and hopefully come away with the 2 points. 

• Like 1

Play like we did against Widnes every week and we won't lose many more games this year.

• Like 7

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Play like we did against Widnes every week and we won't lose many more games this year.

widnes was a great performance , unfortunately most teams will defend better and not allow the space we had , worky will be a different type of game and hopefully a strong forward performance will create the gaps for our classy backs to get the job done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

widnes was a great performance , unfortunately most teams will defend better and not allow the space we had , 

I don't think we left Widnes with any choice in the matter to be honest. Do the same against any team in this league, and that includes Fev & Leigh, and we stand a very good chance.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Anyone seen the workington forum? Claims Pauli Pauli has been released because of disciplinary issues at York and signed for Worky. 

Any truth? 

Edited by Andy Knight

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

26 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I don't think we left Widnes with any choice in the matter to be honest. Do the same against any team in this league, and that includes Fev & Leigh, and we stand a very good chance.

Hope you're right 😀😀😀

• Like 1

Wouldn't change much from the Widnes game,either go with jubby for the 80 minutes or leave one of the halves out,on the PP issue wouldn't be sad to see him go would rather have kept Sam Scott on the same money as PP 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

2 Ps was training last night with the Knights squad, so looks like he will be causing havoc in the Worky defence on Sunday, happy days.

Excellent news - critics of PP should remember that Fordy started the season playing him as an edge forward, looking a bit lost and uninvolved. It's no surprise to me that, reverting to his natural role as a big middle, he had his best game in a Knights shirt against Widnes.

We now have a real stock of middles to draw on - two Ronans, Jack Teanby, Mase Matongo and PP (think Joe Porter should be played wider myself). It's a long old season, and when clubs are crying out, both in Superleague and the Championship, for big durable props, bodes very well for the Knights.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Levi Edwards playing again - he really ripped it up on his debut🤩

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Game day, hope the pitch is nice and firm up in Workington, wish I could have gone to the game.

It’s been in great condition since the mud bath against Featherstone and it’s a nice sunny morning , safe trip to those making the journey. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Game day, hope the pitch is nice and firm up in Workington, wish I could have gone to the game.

Same here John.  When younger and fitter we always stayed in Keswick and had a lovely weekend for the Cumbrian matches. Hope to get a second wind and do it again. UP THE KNEETS.

• Like 3