Sat 2nd-Sun 3rd Apr: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SATURDAY 2nd APRIL
North Wales Crusaders v Cornwall KO 17:30
West Wales Raiders v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00

SUNDAY 3rd APRIL
Hunslet v Oldham KO 15:00
Keighley Cougars v Doncaster KO 15:00
Midlands Hurricanes v Swinton Lions KO 15:00

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 2nd APRIL
North Wales Crusaders 56-6 Cornwall 
West Wales Raiders 4-66 Rochdale Hornets 

SUNDAY 3rd APRIL
Hunslet 28-16 Oldham 
Keighley Cougars 36-20 Doncaster
Midlands Hurricanes 28-36 Swinton Lions 

• Like 1

North Wales Crusaders 34-18 Cornwall

West Wales Raiders 6-76 Rochdale

Hunslet 18-28 Oldham

Keighley 30-24 Doncaster

Midlands Hurricanes 18-34 Swinton

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

North Wales Crusaders 34-18 Cornwall

West Wales Raiders 6-76 Rochdale

Hunslet 18-28 Oldham

Keighley 30-24 Doncaster

Midlands Hurricanes 18-34 Swinton

About right, although I think Cru will win by at least 30.

Good luck to Cornwall at the start of this great adventure! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

Crusaders

Rochdale

Hunslet

Keighley

Swinton

That'll do me. Be interesting to see the gate at Zipworld, with the game being played on Saturday with a 5.30 pm ko. There was some talk of reverting to a more usual pattern later in the season, don't know if that's still the case.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

That'll do me. Be interesting to see the gate at Zipworld, with the game being played on Saturday with a 5.30 pm ko. There was some talk of reverting to a more usual pattern later in the season, don't know if that's still the case.

I believe it is the plan, yes. Must say it's a bad one for me - I've got a wedding to go to so I'l miss the game, if I'm lucky I may get some bits streamed on the app 😞

• Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

5.30 on a Saturday is a bad time for myself and when I queried it I was told that it didn’t apply to every match although I’m still waiting to see the amended fixture list dates. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

23 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

5.30 on a Saturday is a bad time for myself and when I queried it I was told that it didn’t apply to every match although I’m still waiting to see the amended fixture list dates. 

Please keep those of us who despair at how supporters of this sport are disenfranchised, if not totally ignored,and keep us informed. 

I ignore the experience of saving money by booking accommodation, and transport,months in advance.

While I'm on I shall attempt this prediction malarkey.

All things considered - I predict a home win for North Wales Crusaders. 

Keep singing.Keep the atmosphere.Keep increasing attendances. Keep playing well.Good luck. 

• Like 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Booked the afternoon off work on Saturday and will be dragging the Mrs along for her first, (and probably only) rugby game. She's only coming because we've been invited to a birthday party in Llanddulas, about 10 minutes drive from the stadium. Naturally, I'm not giving up the rugby when it's so close. 😉

I understand the 5:30pm kick off time is being driven by Conwy Council, although I have also been told that the time is not set in stone. With no changes yet announced by the club, I am now assuming like many others, that this will be the time for all of our home games. Of course you can't please everyone all of the time, but there are fans who have been season ticket holders since the club formed who now find themselves unable to attend any home games, which is a real shame, from what is otherwise an exceptionally well run club.

• Like 2

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Please keep those of us who despair at how supporters of this sport are disenfranchised, if not totally ignored,and keep us informed. 

I ignore the experience of saving money by booking accommodation, and transport,months in advance.

While I'm on I shall attempt this prediction malarkey.

All things considered - I predict a home win for North Wales Crusaders. 

Keep singing.Keep the atmosphere.Keep increasing attendances. Keep playing well.Good luck. 

Thanks for that Paul mate. When I hear about what’s happening with the fixtures I’ll let you know although time is marching on.

1 hour ago, fearnowt said:

Booked the afternoon off work on Saturday and will be dragging the Mrs along for her first, (and probably only) rugby game. She's only coming because we've been invited to a birthday party in Llanddulas, about 10 minutes drive from the stadium. Naturally, I'm not giving up the rugby when it's so close. 😉

I understand the 5:30pm kick off time is being driven by Conwy Council, although I have also been told that the time is not set in stone. With no changes yet announced by the club, I am now assuming like many others, that this will be the time for all of our home games. Of course you can't please everyone all of the time, but there are fans who have been season ticket holders since the club formed who now find themselves unable to attend any home games, which is a real shame, from what is otherwise an exceptionally well run club.

It has been badly managed Glyn which is unusual for Crusaders. If I’d have known we were kicking off at 5.30 on a Saturday every home game I would not have bought a season ticket.

Up the Choughs!
Really looking forward to seeing how the first outing goes. Season ticket at the ready for the first home game next week.
It would be lovely to see a game of it with Cru, but not expecting miracles in week one.
I'll say Cru by 32.

58 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hope you have a great day when you finally play at home. Think they can target games vs WWR , Skolars and Midlan ds to have enough wins this year to be respectable and challenge for playoffs next year. 

I'd agree with you. I suspect the heartlands teams will have too much for us initially.
A couple of wins and a respectable showing would be good for the first year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tiffers said:

Absolutely!
Small and steady positive steps forward.

I'm most looking forward to the Hunslet games having been involved in the youth set-up many years ago.

Their opening match made me think of someone planting an acorn.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 30/03/2022 at 15:26, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I understand that some games will revert to Sundays at 2:30, but nothing has been announced as yet. I know our CEO has been in discussions with the Conwy Council and the Stadium, so I expect the fixture changes will be announced soon.

Its understandable that playing Cornwall would be a later kick off to accommodate the team travelling almost 400 miles to get to Conwy.

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

North Wales Crusaders v Cornwall - a little bit of history

Cornwall first ever game, first League 1 game and we play for the Celtic Shield.

I hope Corwall do well this season but the way weve played so far we should get a win - but lets not be complacent.

elsewhere:

Hornets

Hunslet

Cougars

Lions

• Like 1