Fri 1st Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/22 at 19:30

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

There were Leeds fans on here preseason talking up the signings Leeds had made and saying how good the Leeds squad was for this season. 

So what, it did look promising, we were in a SF tge year before and added to that squad.

Fans get it wrong shocker

4 minutes ago, RayCee said:

It crossed my mind and I was about to ask that question but you got there first. I never thought Leeds would be the possible savour of Toulouse's season but in Leed's present form, it wouldn’t be out of the realms of possibility. I still feel Leeds have enough quality to get out of jail. If Toulouse can make their home ground a tough place to visit, they may stay up but away wins look elusive for them. Leeds need to find some form soon.

Its too early to talk about relegation if leeds pick up 3-4 wins from their next 6-8, which despite recent form is possible the table will look different, if the rest start putting teal daylight between us and toulouse that’s the time to be talking about it.

I know everyone loves leeds losing but SL losing leeds would be a disaster for the sport, unfortunately that’s the reality.

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

So what, it did look promising, we were in a SF tge year before and added to that squad.

Fans get it wrong shocker

It's odd then to go on about Warrington having a supposedly better squad and a coach when Leeds fans were saying 2 months ago what a good coach Agar was and what a great squad Leeds had.

• Like 1

Just now, Damien said:

It's odd then to go on about Warrington having a supposedly better squad and a coach when Leeds fans were saying 2 months ago what a good coach Agar was and what a great squad Leeds had.

No it isn’t, im dealing in the now not what was said before a game was played.

im sure Wire fans thought they’d be better too.

Fans often get it wrong.

Not many Leeds fans thought Agar was a good coach, he did a good job of settling the team but really should have gone before this season.

54 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I know everyone loves leeds losing but SL losing leeds would be a disaster for the sport, unfortunately that’s the reality.

I don’t think you are giving credit for the 2% that feel otherwise.

As someone living far away, I don’t have a particular team I support which allows me to look at the situation with some objectivity. Leeds going down wouldn’t be good for the sport but as relegation is based purely on results, it’s a possibility.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely not. We have anout 7 genuinely class players that we rely on, the rest are hard working donkeys

Who needs fans like you ?

And now we hear, judging by his demeanour, from the winning coach.

Referring to a large chunk of the Leeds team as "some pretty offensive players" is hard to argue with to be fair.

Biggest Jedi mind trick attempt this week: "I've always rated Sutty as a half. He's really silky, he's intuitive... him and Ash Handley are a real dynamic duo".

Edited by M j M

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Fans that tell it how it is ?

Leigh fans find it odd when someone says the truth about their team due to their Stockholm syndrome with dessy wessy...

12 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Of course there is an element of confidence, but frankly there are players that aren't good enough at Leeds.

You have told us there are 7 class player's and now player's not good enough, would you care to categorize them please.

Edit, seen you have already done it as I read further down the thread.

Edited by Harry Stottle

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Fans that tell it how it is ?

I don't mind people having an opinion but to start calling players donkeys is in my opinion out of order. They are trying there best, not good enough I appreciate. These "donkeys" were good enough to win the challenge Cup and get to within 80 minutes of a grand final. 

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

I used to find Leeds being in the doledrums quite amusing but I’ve had enough now, SL needs the big clubs to do well and they are absolute garbage. 

No way Eddie, if they keep this up it will make for brilliant TV in the end of season dogfight to avoid jeopardy.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You have told us there are 7 class player's and now player's not good enough, would you care to categorize them please.

I believe I did in another Post H, but the clutch of top quality players who carry the team's fortunes is obvious: Newman, Oledski, Leeming, Prior, Myler (at FB), Fusitua (obvious in a handful of minutes) and Martin. Losing just a handful of these players completely stunts the team in attack and impacts morale.

Bentley I feel will grow into that group, but equally Prior is ageing out. Sezer and Austin need to improve fast. Handley is out on the Wing with little impact due to what goes on further inside. It hasn't really got going for Tetevano with any consistency. Dwyer is a madman.

The rest are hard working plodders. There's no shame in that, but across the board it brings down the quality significantly - which is made more obvious when the absence of the above players features.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I don't mind people having an opinion but to start calling players donkeys is in my opinion out of order. They are trying there best, not good enough I appreciate. These "donkeys" were good enough to win the challenge Cup and get to within 80 minutes of a grand final. 

I said hard working, perhaps "plodders" is better? The simple fact is that there isn't the quality there with a lot of players.

34 minutes ago, dkw said:

Leigh fans find it odd when someone says the truth about their team due to their Stockholm syndrome with dessy wessy...

What's do with you today, it took you 11 pages on a thread with nothing whatsoever to do with Leigh to have a dig, you really are a pathetic individual.

11 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Its too early to talk about relegation if leeds pick up 3-4 wins from their next 6-8, which despite recent form is possible the table will look different, if the rest start putting teal daylight between us and toulouse that’s the time to be talking about it.

Leeds won't get relegated, SKY TV/RFL/SL won't let the club go down. SKY are our paymasters and Leeds are their biggest audience. If Leeds stay around the bottom 2/3 places they can't afford the risk of a last weekend disaster.

Abit of mystery surely.

There are good players here, many home grown, (which because of those infamous SC exceptions opens up cash to rope in some expensive quality.)

Sure there some plodders here, but every team has them and to a degree has to have them to do the heavy lifting. 

We would not say no to some of those plodders at the AJ Bell of Doom. (Except that Myler fella now)

Seems the quality is not firing. Aidan is more Alka Sezar than Julius Sezar without the fizz.

I can only conclude what is missing aside from a bit of humility at times from Leeds, is good management. 

Any suggestions?

Edited by idrewthehaggis

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

Pathetic 

I don’t know what you mean is “pathetic” unless you are referring to Leeds’ performances this season?

If you mean that noise about expanding SL to 14 teams will increase if Leeds or any other club than Toulouse is in danger of being relegated then that’s not “pathetic” but what will very likely occur

25 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Abit of mystery surely.

There are good players here, many home grown, (which because of those infamous SC exceptions opens up cash to rope in some expensive quality.)

Sure there some plodders here, but every team has them and to a degree has to have them to do the heavy lifting. 

We would not say no to some of those plodders at the AJ Bell of Doom. (Except that Myler fella now)

Seems the quality is not firing. Aidan is more Alka Sezar than Julius Sezar without the fizz.

I can only conclude what is missing aside from a bit of humility at times from Leeds, is good management. 

Any suggestions?

We saw a few years ago with Wigan when they lost lost a lot of leaders all together how much trouble it got them in. It’s fine whilst things are going ok but once you get in a hole who are the big characters who are going to dig you out of it. You could see it yesterday with the effort and work of the Leeds players couldn’t be faulted. Once one or two things started going against them they shrunk. 

I thought young Bennison-Benson-Benningson-Bennington came back really well after he lost the ball from an up & under. Lomax had a great game and so did Percival, Roby, Batchelor. 
Leeds tried but just couldn’t come up with anything, they never looked like scoring but the Saints defence was rock solid. 
It does make you wonder if Toulouse will try and concentrate on putting more effort in the rest of their home games, than the away fixtures. 

2 hours ago, LeeF said:

I don’t know what you mean is “pathetic” unless you are referring to Leeds’ performances this season?

If you mean that noise about expanding SL to 14 teams will increase if Leeds or any other club than Toulouse is in danger of being relegated then that’s not “pathetic” but what will very likely occur

Leeds are pathetic this season no doubt, but it is pathetic if you think Leeds would be saved from relegation by a change of heart from the rfl if they were in danger of going down. The rules have been laid down who evers bottom goes down, if its the Rhinos so be it.

• Like 1