Thur 31st Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/22 at 19:30

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is when a coach earns his corn. Luke Gale is available but Hull have been going fairly well with makeshift halves, especially Joe Lovodua and even Ben Macnamara has shown glimpses of good form. But I expect Gale will start the game, perhaps with Macnamara giving way.

For what seems like some time, I'll be wandering across to the DW thinking we might actually be in with a shout.

Pies 18 Hull 25.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

As a neutral....ahem...just need to clear my throat.....I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm expecting a full blooded Super League encounter.

It's so much more interesting when you'd 'love it' for one of the teams to lose and I just wish I wasn't a neutral....ahem.... cough cough.

Hull have been showing a glimmer of consistency and without their first choice half backs. All this and losses now levelled out at £1million per year. 

Bevan French has been named in the match squad: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/60911870 

"Bevan will play," confirmed Peet. "He's an exciting and unpredictable player but we won't be expecting too much from him this week."

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

As a neutral....ahem...just need to clear my throat.....I'm really looking forward to this game. I'm expecting a full blooded Super League encounter.

It's so much more interesting when you'd 'love it' for one of the teams to lose and I just wish I wasn't a neutral....ahem.... cough cough.

Hull have been showing a glimmer of consistency and without their first choice half backs. All this and losses now levelled out at £1million per year. 

Oh well, I suppose it was obvious it wasn't going to last.

Bitterness prevails as usual.

A huge test of Harry Smith awaits and a big part of the result will depend on how well he can replace Tommy Leuluai. He’s been superb Leuluai so far this season and has been a really calming influence on the team. Harry Smith has looked the polar opposite in his limited minutes this year, with him looking nervous and a bit too desperate to impress. 

I do expect a really good contest and an exciting one with some of the attacking talent on show.

Wigan by 4

31 minutes ago, WN83 said:

A huge test of Harry Smith awaits and a big part of the result will depend on how well he can replace Tommy Leuluai. He’s been superb Leuluai so far this season and has been a really calming influence on the team. Harry Smith has looked the polar opposite in his limited minutes this year, with him looking nervous and a bit too desperate to impress. 

I do expect a really good contest and an exciting one with some of the attacking talent on show.

Wigan by 4

I know French is expected to play at FB, but it is possible he could chime in as an occasional sorta-HB, which could take pressure (and attention) off Smith. Maybe not so soon into his comeback though, but it is a possibility.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I know French is expected to play at FB, but it is possible he could chime in as an occasional sorta-HB, which could take pressure (and attention) off Smith. Maybe not so soon into his comeback though, but it is a possibility.

I can't see French playing at fullback yet. I think he'll be on the bench personally but if he does start, I expect it'll be on the wing. In the longer term I think we may see some movement mid games with Sam Powell being spelled, Cust or Leuluai going in to 9 and Field and French covering full back and stand off between them.

It's a good problem to have I suppose trying to fit in Field and French. I know Peet has spoken this year about our wingers being encouraged to leave their position in attack and how they'd been working on getting them to pop up in other areas in training and I think we may see French playing on the wing but still drifting inside at times when we've got the ball and playing on the shoulder of guys like Mago or Bateman, who like to offload. 

2 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Do you think you will be able to wander across in time to actually see the game?

If I ignore the advice of locals then probably.

12 hours ago, WN83 said:

Wigan by 4

I think that Harry Smith had a lot of the 'next best thing' put on him early doors (as was Morgan Smithies) both have yet to fulfil any semblance that they will be great player's and acheive the level that was expected of them.

18 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

This is when a coach earns his corn. Luke Gale is available but Hull have been going fairly well with makeshift halves, especially Joe Lovodua and even Ben Macnamara has shown glimpses of good form. But I expect Gale will start the game, perhaps with Macnamara giving way.

For what seems like some time, I'll be wandering across to the DW thinking we might actually be in with a shout.

Pies 18 Hull 25.

Hull on the up.

Prepare for disappointment.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

15 hours ago, WN83 said:

Wigan by 4

Wigan by +10, can't say I've ever been impressed with Smith. Maybe the lad needs more game time, Leuleui time is over should play the Young lad more often.

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Hull on the up.

Prepare for disappointment.

Too bloody right mate, been there so many times I’m almost past caring.

Archived