Thur 31st Mar: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/03/22 at 19:30

Slightly random point but Hull aren't getting full value out of McIntosh stood out there on the wing.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 minutes ago, meast said:

All the comments about what the referee is doing or not doing, can't you enjoy the game without concerning yourself about the refereeing decisions?

Christopher Bullock, an English actor and dramatist, uttered the following quote during The Cobler of Preston in 1716:

“Tis impossible to be sure of anything but Death and Taxes.”

He was wrong. He should have added ,"and  moaning about refs.,"😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

That was one of the better games this season, a good watch.

• Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

29 minutes ago, The storm said:

Jake connor

One trick pony

Would never play such a selfish player in the international team

See you at the end of the year when we win nothing again and you are moaning about the selections.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

17 minutes ago, meast said:

All the comments about what the referee is doing or not doing, can't you enjoy the game without concerning yourself about the refereeing decisions?

No. It's a massive part of the game play. Or else why are they there if not to affect the game.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

I thought that game was excellent.  Tough in the middle and sprinkled with some excellent attacking play.  Just as Rugby League should be.

• Like 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, meast said:

I don't mind comments about what the referee is doing. All part of the game, good or bad.

The wearisome bit is the comments about the things that furious paranoid people have convinced themselves the referee is doing.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

Blatant knock on.

Had me scratching my head that one.

Gutted about the result, but great game. Some things just didn't stick at times tonight. Connor pushed it too far when we needed a bit of consistency, but we wouldn't have been complaining if they'd stuck!

To be in it at the death against one of the favourites though at their home is a good indicator for us though. We're starting to find some form at least. 

As for Wigan, they seemed very light in the forwards and relied massively on individual plays to win that one (but great plays they were). Don't think they've quite found their form just yet based on that outing. Think they've got more to come.

• Like 3
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, DavidM said:

I do like Jai Field , he’s a gamebreaker

Just hoping that, at some point soon, he and French combine in a few sequences of play that we'll treasure for years to come.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As a neutral - and I use that term loosely- I thought that was really entertaining, as said elsewhere it deserved a bigger crowd.

Jake Connor is rocks or diamonds.

Jai Field is exciting to watch and the the thought of him and French at their very best must be a real bonus for Wigan fans. Brad Singleton had his best game in a while imo, and as one of the older forwards he needs to do that consistently.

I think both teams can and will play better but Wigan will be very happy to pick up the wins when they are having to grind it out.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2022 at 22:46, The Mighty Trin said:

Going for extra time 

Wigan 18-18 Hull.

Can't call who will win this one.

If you don't mind my asking, TMT, any ideas about the lottery numbers this weekend?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pleased for Smith that he got a second game-winning drop goal this season, but am I right in thinking that, in tense moments, he tends to let the pressure get to him and passes the ball too forcefully?  I thought that happened two, if not three, times tonight.

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Had me scratching my head that one.

Gutted about the result, but great game. Some things just didn't stick at times tonight. Connor pushed it too far when we needed a bit of consistency, but we wouldn't have been complaining if they'd stuck!

To be in it at the death against one of the favourites though at their home is a good indicator for us though. We're starting to find some form at least. 

As for Wigan, they seemed very light in the forwards and relied massively on individual plays to win that one (but great plays they were). Don't think they've quite found their form just yet based on that outing. Think they've got more to come.

Yes shame for Hull. Gale is better than that speculative drop goal from 40 out with his experience. It was never on. He should have pinned Wigan right back on their line and showed some patience. 

Hull showed a lot of good signs and Wigan keep sneaking those W

• Like 1

Good game, neither team really deserved to lose. Connor did some good things and then overplayed at times too. Gale looks like a dud signing, but the season is young and hopefully he proves me wrong. Pretty sure both teams will be in the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, dkw said:

Blatant knock on.

The replay showed it certainly was.  

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

15 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

The replay showed it certainly was.  

Its frustrating because we were on their line. He plays on we are coming off our 10m.

Yet the around the corner ball from Connor that went low looked like it hit Mau(?) legs. But was given has a knock on.

People complain about play acting and imo Powell got away with blatant acting.

He shouldn't be in the line says the ref. Penalty.

Yet on two occasions in 1st half Wigan stop in the line. Bateman does it when they scored.

C'est la vie.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.