Beaumont's Thoughts on Toronto and France

20 minutes ago, yipyee said:

my point is he wants to weaken the top division to his clubs level than to grow his club to reach and compete at the top level.

Really, you honestly believe that do you.

I think you are forgetting he is a very successful buisness man, men of his ilk once they acheive their target set a new one of a greater degree of difficulty to attain, realise and accomplish, they just don't settle to get by being comfortable.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, yipyee said:

This is putting the needs of his club over the state of the game and as other posters have quite rightly mentioned its self serving and will reduce the value of the product and therefore further decrease potential income

You write this as though Mr Beaumont if he has as you suggest wants to go out on a mission to devalue and decrease potential income for the game and that he would have enough influence to carry along with him all the other Club Chairmen at whatever professional level they belong, and in doing so he purposefully reduces his own clubs value. Can you not see that you suggest is a load of tripe!

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

If we get rid of the loop fixtures,we are talking about 2 home games with low away fans,if that is catastrophic to Superleague clubs finances then we really are in trouble.

Given Leigh’s history of Superleague hidings,how often do they actually take 2000 fans to away games.

I doubt Leigh have 2000 regular fans

On 30/03/2022 at 13:39, RigbyLuger said:

"Man with club not in Super League says two clubs in Super League shouldn't be in Super League, but his should be."

He didn't say anything about his team should be, he would asked a question  and gave his opinion it may upset a few people but hes probably right.

23 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Can you tell me how many SL clubs take 2000 away,  the last time we was in SL the only team to bring more than 2000 to leigh was saints and hkr in the cup.

As a Batley fan I have to say Leigh bring an excellent support, especially for the Championship.

That doesn't mean the club rely on it, they are well capable of marketing matches against overseas teams. But obviously it is a positive. 

Each clubs have different attributes. Toronto, Tolouse and Catalans are high profile and attract neutrals. Leigh are very well supported and bring extra revenue via their fans. 

I think our board maximise potential from each game so that where there is an unfashionable team with few away fans, the game might be selected as the Pink charity game. 

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think you are forgetting he is a very successful buisness man, men of his ilk once they acheive their target set a new one of a greater degree of difficulty to attain, realise and accomplish, they just don't settle to get by being comfortable.

Harry, not targeting you personally but responding to your comment about Beaumont through comments that you have made over the years gives me the impression that you may know him.

As you have indicated above all successful business people continually use all of their experience and skills to look for, and take advantage, of new opportunities and new areas in which to sell their service.  These business people also tend to be more risk seeking as the rewards are greater than the status quo.  Therefore it appears Beaumont is no different from any other successful business person.

So, why would a successful business person suggest a contraction back to a M62 sport is a way to grow the game?  It does not make sense to me.

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Businessmen look to take out the competition and monopolise.....

Its not a personal attack its reading comments and assessing why someone would have a contraction as a target.

So if RL was his business and let's say it was selling clothes he is infact suggesting closing his overseas stores and opening new stores a stones throw away from his existing ones.

Can you see this would be a contraction of this business and that no businessman would suggest this.

Yes if the overseas shops were failing and every marketing effort had been tried then close them but this just isn't the case. Catalan are one of the biggest and most successful club in SL on and off the pitch!

10 hours ago, Niels said:

As a Batley fan I have to say Leigh bring an excellent support, especially for the Championship.

That doesn't mean the club rely on it, they are well capable of marketing matches against overseas teams. But obviously it is a positive. 

Each clubs have different attributes. Toronto, Tolouse and Catalans are high profile and attract neutrals. Leigh are very well supported and bring extra revenue via their fans. 

I think our board maximise potential from each game so that where there is an unfashionable team with few away fans, the game might be selected as the Pink charity game. 

Careful Neil's, do you not know how unfashionable it is to applaud anything to do with Leigh be it the owner, coach, player's or the fans another post of this nature and you will be classed as a Leigh Groupie.

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Two things can be true.  One, Derek is wildly wrong about this.  Two,  Leigh in their last proper season in SL averaged 6000 meaning they offer no more or less than Salford or Wakey.  

I hope Wakey push on next season mind. 

Correction Salop, officially it was 6,500 average per game with not a great contribution from away fans, excepting Saints.

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Careful Neil's, do you not know how unfashionable it is to applaud anything to do with Leigh be it the owner, coach, player's or the fans another post of this nature and you will be classed as a Leigh Groupie.

But you ignore the part of his post about  Toronto,Toulouse & Catalans.

10 hours ago, Niels said:

We really like those cheesy chips Niels 😉

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

So if RL was his business and let's say it was selling clothes he is infact suggesting closing his overseas stores and opening new stores a stones throw away from his existing ones.

Someone once said to me, how big is a sales territory?

How many doors in a street can you knock on and sell your wares, untill you exhaust and find out what is close by and can/could be profitable, why travel great distances at more expense for no more return!

19 hours ago, Tubby said:

They are certainly interesting stats.  Genuine question, I have no horse in this race, are they anomalous, or are they backed up by similar fixtures throughout SL?

Some other examples from Leeds in pre pandemic 2020:

Leeds vs Hull KR (generally seen as one of the better followed sides on Leeds' preferred Friday Night, untelevised) - 11,057

Leeds vs Warrington (Thursday Night, well followed away club, big game, Televised) - 12,124

Leeds vs Toronto (Thursday Night, handful of away fans, likely walkover, televised) - 12,143

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Someone once said to me, how big is a sales territory?

How many doors in a street can you knock on and sell your wares, untill you exhaust and find out what is close by and can/could be profitable, why travel great distances at more expense for no more return!

The fact that you look at the game like that when we live in a 21st century global village with multi million pound tv deals and live streaming of any sport to anywhere in the world with an internet connection speaks volumes.

6 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Harry, not targeting you personally but responding to your comment about Beaumont through comments that you have made over the years gives me the impression that you may know him.

As you have indicated above all successful business people continually use all of their experience and skills to look for, and take advantage, of new opportunities and new areas in which to sell their service.  These business people also tend to be more risk seeking as the rewards are greater than the status quo.  Therefore it appears Beaumont is no different from any other successful business person.

So, why would a successful business person suggest a contraction back to a M62 sport is a way to grow the game?  It does not make sense to me.

In all honesty Tiger apart from a passing "Hello" no I don't know him.

I agree with your buisness person assesment.

He gives his reasons for his stance, it is open to debate or even ridicule whether  people agree with him or not as 13 pages of comment testify to.

A question in return Tiger someone very early in this thread suggested he is probably saying what a good number of other club Owners would agree with, do you think that is so?

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Some other examples from Leeds in pre pandemic 2020:

Leeds vs Hull KR (generally seen as one of the better followed sides on Leeds' preferred Friday Night, untelevised) - 11,057

Leeds vs Warrington (Thursday Night, well followed away club, big game, Televised) - 12,124

Leeds vs Toronto (Thursday Night, handful of away fans, likely walkover, televised) - 12,143

Sonny Bill 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

In all honesty Tiger apart from a passing "Hello" no I don't know him.

I agree with your buisness person assesment.

He gives his reasons for his stance, it is open to debate or even ridicule whether  people agree with him or not as 13 pages of comment testify to.

A question in return Tiger someone very early in this thread suggested he is probably saying what a good number of other club Owners would agree with, do you think that is so?

In truth Harry he didn't say much , and what he did ' state ' are facts , on the financials , storm in a teacup , but an opportunity to have a go , we've seen it time and again , best left 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Sonny Bill 

Who else in Super League was going to sign him? Leigh? Is that even to be derided? 😂

And of course, we had already seen him in the season opening double header at Headingley.

The numbers don't lie, despite the obstacles. The cynic in me thinks Mr Elstone wanted Leeds vs Toronto to be a poor crowd as an example (Thursday night, Winter, Televised). He didn't get that if it is what he wanted.

57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" (Queen Gertrude, in Hamlet, Bill Shakepeare)

I'm sure most on here and in the game recognise the drive, commitment etc of Leigh and its owner and would wish them to succeed on merit, whether in the Championship or in SuperLeague.

Equally, I'm sure that most on here are fed up to the back teeth of Leigh's victimhood as expressed by its owner in his intemperate rantings.  That may play well in Championship circles, but not in the somewhat more professional arena of SuperLeague.

Archived