Catalan or Toulose???

I have flights to switch on Ryanair, i have never been before to either i am planning to watch Saints. I had it all planned to go to Toulose but seeing games there on TV it looks dead and hardly any away fans travel. I am going for a good laugh, cheap beer, and as cheap as possible to go over. Catalan seems to have great beaches, more fans, nicer place or i may be wrong? I would travel from Manchester and only Ryanair as i have my cancelled flights to use. 

Any thoughts? I have mentioned before about Toulouse.

Much appreciated

Saints have another away trip to Toulouse in June and personally I'd recommend that.

Toulouse has far more to offer than Perpignan it's a wonderful city.

Another option for the Catalans game is fly to Girona in Northern Spain and then a fairly short road trip or train to Perpignan. You can stay in Lloret in the Costa Brava and you'll enjoy all what you'd expect from a Spanish holiday resort. Catalan Sports Tours can provide a return bus trip from Lloret to Perpignan for about £30.

22 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Saints have another away trip to Toulouse in June and personally I'd recommend that.

Toulouse has far more to offer than Perpignan it's a wonderful city.

Another option for the Catalans game is fly to Girona in Northern Spain and then a fairly short road trip or train to Perpignan. You can stay in Lloret in the Costa Brava and you'll enjoy all what you'd expect from a Spanish holiday resort. Catalan Sports Tours can provide a return bus trip from Lloret to Perpignan for about £30.

Girona is lovely for a day also, the old Jewish quarter and walk around the old walls is fantastic. Highly recommend that. 

• Like 1

I would stay in Spain, somewhere like Calella and travel up to Perpignan. Maybe even for the cup tie if you can, Catalans with revenge on their mind at home to the Cup holders in a knock out game would be a great choice. 
Toulouse is a cool city though so if you get the chance to do both then do it. Probably be cheaper than heating your house and filling your car! 

I guess it depends on what you like personally.

I've been to Perpignan many times and Toulouse this year.

Toulouse is a beautiful, large, vibrant city with lots to see and do, lots of bars, clubs etc.

Perpignan is a smaller more compact city but equally as beautiful as Toulouse, although there aren't as many bars and the nightlife can be a bit quieter, Perpignan benefits from having some lovely little coastal towns and villages accessible by train.

I've never done the cattle truck tours to Lloret or any of the other Costa Brava resorts so can't comment on that aspect of it.

For a couple of days away though, Perpignan is just right.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Taking a mate who has never watched RL but from Catalonia to watch Dragons vs Toulouse. Any good bars or suggestions for Perpignan are welcome. 

Again, depends what you like.

Personally, my favourites are Le source, just off place D'Arago, it's a rugby pub with friendly owners, they do really good steaks and usually have sport on TV.

I also quite like O'Flaherty's they have a wide range of beers and sometimes live music, they used to do some really good fish and chips on a Friday.

Arena sports bar is another favourite of Giants fans, the owner is a great guy, the locals friendly and the burgers are superb, again, plenty of sports on offer.

There are lots of little bars and restaurants around the squares and down the lanes so go and explore, those are just my favourites in Perpignan. 

Although not as cheap, tacky or loud as some of the Spanish resorts.

Edited by meast

5 minutes ago, meast said:

Again, depends what you like.

Personally, my favourites are Le source, just off place D'Arago, it's a rugby pub with friendly owners, they do really good steaks and usually have sport on TV.

I also quite like O'Flaherty's they have a wide range of beers and sometimes live music, they used to do some really good fish and chips on a Friday.

Arena sports bar is another favourite of Giants fans, the owner is a great guy, the locals friendly and the burgers are superb, again, plenty of sports on offer.

There are lots of little bars and restaurants around the squares and down the lanes so go and explore, those are just my favourites in Perpignan. 

Although not as cheap, tacky or loud as some of the Spanish resorts.

Well I lived in Santander before Madrid so I am not used to seeing resorts , mostly cows  . Thanks 

On 30/03/2022 at 13:59, Col81 said:

I have flights to switch on Ryanair, i have never been before to either i am planning to watch Saints. I had it all planned to go to Toulose but seeing games there on TV it looks dead and hardly any away fans travel. I am going for a good laugh, cheap beer, and as cheap as possible to go over. Catalan seems to have great beaches, more fans, nicer place or i may be wrong? I would travel from Manchester and only Ryanair as i have my cancelled flights to use. 

Any thoughts? I have mentioned before about Toulouse.

Much appreciated

Oooo toulouse. Fabulous city. Great bars and restos. A good vibe and one of the best markets in the world that gives me a tingle everytime I go there. I adore the city. 

I applied for a job there once in my early 30's. I'd have loved it there

• Like 2