NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 4

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many different ways can you fail to score a try? We may have a definitive answer in about 20 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last-minute drama! Try awarded to the Titans and it is 6 all with ktc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

...and the Tigers lose again.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking ahead to tomorrow’s Sharks v Knights game

Sharks Unavailable: Wade Graham, Matt Ikuvalu, Connor Tracey

Knights Unavailable: Bailey Hodgson, Hymel Hunt, Jayden Brailey, David Klemmer, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Mitch Barnett

I’ve picked this game out as I think it should be a corker. Both teams have started the season well. Both have won two of their three games so far and there appears to be very little to split the pair based on how they have performed so far.
Nicho Hynes has been superb in the halves for the Sharks while Kalyn Ponga’s return to action should provide the Knights with more to their attack too.
Newcastle have won the past four matchups between the pair so they will believe they can extend that winning streak but with the two teams looking so well-matched in this early part of the campaign, the game could go either way.

So a really good game in prospect.

As for our forum tipsters in our Round 4 competition, they have largely favoured a Sharks win:

Sharks win - 14 tipsters

Knights win - 2 tipsters

14 minutes ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

That's why the Tigers are so frustrating as a club . 

They always find a way to stuff things up. 

They fought hard , and I'd say deserved the win , if you don't count the last 55 seconds . 

They came so close to winning that one. That twist at the end was so cruel!

Not sure how to summarise that . It was without doubt in terms of attack the worst quality NRL game I’ve ever seen , but it was a strangely absorbing contest in a masochistic type of way . I was rooting for Wests , but that ending was soul destroying for them and will take some picking up from . It also encapsulated the entire game until then .You’d given up hope of either creating a try . Titans have looked the part before , but Wests seem utterly clueless without Hastings and you wonder what Maguire is doing there on the training ground or if the players and him are on the same page . It was just completely hapless all round 

Maybe not the greatest NRL game but needs to be viewed in context of the disrupted week Titans had on a short turnaround. More floods in SE Queensland with training facilities under water again and four players plus some staff dropping out with COVID.

The rugby gods certainly smiled on them at the end, but a positive outcome from a very disrupted ‘week’.

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

Not sure how to summarise that . It was without doubt in terms of attack the worst quality NRL game I’ve ever seen , but it was a strangely absorbing contest in a masochistic type of way . I was rooting for Wests , but that ending was soul destroying for them and will take some picking up from . It also encapsulated the entire game until then .You’d given up hope of either creating a try . Titans have looked the part before , but Wests seem utterly clueless without Hastings and you wonder what Maguire is doing there on the training ground or if the players and him are on the same page . It was just completely hapless all round 

I know what you mean. Oddly watchable because of the closeness and upredictability, even though there was no mistaking the lack of leadership, composure or coherent play. In the end, I felt far more tense and involved that I expected to be an hour earlier, just for those reasons.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, Graham said:

Friday’s R4 matches with UK kick off times.
x3nXVf1.jpg
Aussie kick off times:

Friday 1st April 

Cronulla Sharks vs Newcastle Knights, PointsBet Stadium (6pm)

Penrith Panthers vs South Sydney Rabbitohs, BlueBet Stadium (8.05pm)

Will be at the Panthers game tonight. Expecting a tough game. Interesting to see how we handle Latrell.

Weather will be cloudy and around 19C with a fair chance of rain during the match.

28 minutes ago, George Watt said:

Will be at the Panthers game tonight. Expecting a tough game. Interesting to see how we handle Latrell.

Weather will be cloudy and around 19C with a fair chance of rain during the match.

Enjoy the game. It should be a good close encounter. It will be good to see Cleary back on the park.

Archived