Kick offs & ofgloa

Heckydave

22 minutes ago, Heckydave said:

Why do we always use the same long high kick off? Surely mixing it up has better results. Just see what Barrow did against Fartown. Short kick offs have a high success date of actually getting the ball back.

ย 

Can't be messing with the coaches game plan , we might get the ball back and score , not in the script ,ย  totally agree the kickoff does need a bit more thought๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

19 hours ago, Heckydave said:

Why do we always use the same long high kick off? Surely mixing it up has better results. Just see what Barrow did against Fartown. Short kick offs have a high success date of actually getting the ball back.

ย 

Most clubs, including the majority in SL, also use the same formulaic approach. I wonder why they don't try something different, unless nobody has thought of it until now.

Seriously, it is a percentage approach. The probability of an artful kick off producing results is low and, when they don't work, a team is immediately defending close to their own line. The long high kick off, in theory, puts the opposition in possession as far as possible from your own line which, with good defence, should produce a minor advantage on the eventual turnover.

RL: a game of inches as well as yards.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I don't know if the players had been reading this thread but yesterday we did try variations at the kick off, and we kicked off a lot. If I recall correctly one was a success whilst the rest gave us no advantage.

ย 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived