York City Knights

Cumberland Sausage

Well at last we have an easy game ahead of us 🤣 I just hope we can turn up this week and make this a competitive game and try and get a bit of confidence back into the squad.

After this one we have a nice 2 weeks to rest tired and battered bodies before heading down the  road to the LOL Stadium for the first of the Derby Matches.

I have been quite impressed with the way York have progressed over the past few seasons and this will be another huge test of our limited squad but looking forward to this game and hope they bring a decent following with them to help keep our attendance up.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I just want us to try something different across the board try Curtis in centre Doran at loose with forber and walker in halves and just play really off the cuff and unpredictable Personally if I watch us really have a go and play exciting rugby and just lose out I'd be alot happier than the past few weeks 

18 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Personally I just want us to try something different across the board try Curtis in centre Doran at loose with forber and walker in halves and just play really off the cuff and unpredictable Personally if I watch us really have a go and play exciting rugby and just lose out I'd be alot happier than the past few weeks 

Sadly I cannot see Curtis being available for a few weeks.

15 hours ago, town2018 said:

Agree, as the current tactics clearly aren't working or we would have won a game before now.  A few well timed off loads,  high kicks to the tallest winger in the league. Just something different. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

19 hours ago, town2018 said:

What was the extent off the injury hope its nothing to serious 

Broken bone in his elbow i believe.

Another very hard game this Sunday. York again have been in this division a few years so Town will just have to change there game abit and make York sit back and think what are we doing next like people are saying change the team about abit .

Any news on the team front have we been lucky and get a couple of loan players in .

26 minutes ago, Evs62 said:

Another very hard game this Sunday. York again have been in this division a few years so Town will just have to change there game abit and make York sit back and think what are we doing next like people are saying change the team about abit .

Any news on the team front have we been lucky and get a couple of loan players in .

Not looking at squad list unfortunately

3 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Would lose some wide attack options but having said that we do seem to play him as an extra middle at times

However good he is I often wonder how good he’d look with better , sharper service and a bit of room to move . So often it’s just shifted over to him and it’s do your best with that 

57 minutes ago, DavidM said:

However good he is I often wonder how good he’d look with better , sharper service and a bit of room to move . So often it’s just shifted over to him and it’s do your best with that 

100% have said that many times, just like we used to do with Stack 

Is this the week we finally put it all together!? Missing curtis will be a big blow. Hope to see clegg back on the wing, he ain't no centre. Revert back to bickerdike and brown. Like to see Walker and Dec back in the fold as well. 

Broadbent, Clegg, Bickerdike, Brown, Young, Doran, Walker, Fitzy, Simons, Thompson, Barnes, Pez, Obrien. Subs - Clarke, Henson, Dec, Hutchings/Steele

We’ll see what the matchday 17 is . I don’t take much from the 21 now as I think we’re back to naming pretty much everyone there is . Just want to see maximum effort and commitment , get stuck in and see a little bit more with the ball 

If York play like they did at Whitehaven in the cup Town should be able to defend quite easily as York played one man rugby, no offloads in the tackle and no backing up. It took them to the 80 min mark to break the Haven line for a consolation try on the hooter. They must have been lots better last week against Widnes but their tactics and play at Haven were very poor.  They were a marked contrast to Sheffield who keep the ball alive and have recorded easy wins at both Town & Haven.  Good luck for tomorrow.

Just seen on the York forum that they have cancelled their supporters bus to Town on Sunday as they only had 4 fans wanting to travel on it - they say only 19 travelled to Haven a few weeks back and they dont like the long 3 hour trip to Cumbria.  Very disappointing for a club that have invested heavily in securing their place in the Championship and with longer term aspirations of Super League.  We in West Cumbria regard York as a fairly easy trip away compared with some of the others we undertake every other week.

Archived