York City Knights

Cumberland Sausage

44 minutes ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Just seen on the York forum that they have cancelled their supporters bus to Town on Sunday as they only had 4 fans wanting to travel on it - they say only 19 travelled to Haven a few weeks back and they dont like the long 3 hour trip to Cumbria.  Very disappointing for a club that have invested heavily in securing their place in the Championship and with longer term aspirations of Super League.  We in West Cumbria regard York as a fairly easy trip away compared with some of the others we undertake every other week.

Theres a fair few that have made a weekend of it in the lakes, so don't worry there will be some Knights fans there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/04/2022 at 15:59, JMB said:

Broken bone in his elbow i believe.

Not quite. Curtis has fractured his radius and dislocated his elbow. Probably out for about 6 weeks.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Just watched chris' interview update on Facebook. Gutted to hear about Jake and Curtis. Gonna be huge misses. Also Dec missing for a while. 

Caine and Malik back is a plus though. Hoping for a committed performance tomorrow and the fans being vocal to give the guys a lift they need

Gutted to hear that Jake's season is over, in my opinion he was just starting to show what he could do and was putting in some good performances in tough league, hopefully he comes back fit and strong for next year, we certainly haven't had any luck fingers crossed it all starts tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Just watched chris' interview update on Facebook. Gutted to hear about Jake and Curtis. Gonna be huge misses. Also Dec missing for a while. 

Caine and Malik back is a plus though. Hoping for a committed performance tomorrow and the fans being vocal to give the guys a lift they need

Hopefully Dec back soon, Curtis was just starting to hit his straps and was getting more confident in each game will be a massive miss for us, speedy recovery marra 👍

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

Hopefully Dec back soon, Curtis was just starting to hit his straps and was getting more confident in each game will be a massive miss for us, speedy recovery marra 👍

He's gonna be a hell of a player when he switches to centre.

19 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Just seen on the York forum that they have cancelled their supporters bus to Town on Sunday as they only had 4 fans wanting to travel on it - they say only 19 travelled to Haven a few weeks back and they dont like the long 3 hour trip to Cumbria.  Very disappointing for a club that have invested heavily in securing their place in the Championship and with longer term aspirations of Super League.  We in West Cumbria regard York as a fairly easy trip away compared with some of the others we undertake every other week.

That's a shame as they usually fetch a few, I couldn't believe there were only a handful of Fax supporters who ventured up last week. Another set of fans that usually travel in numbers.

Does anyone else on here wake up on a Sunday morning with a sense of foreboding and doom hanging over them or is that Monday mornings ? Never mind, a few pints before the game and I'm  sure the confidence will come flooding back. 🙈 keep the faith people and get behind them this afternoon. UTT. 💙

1 minute ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Does anyone else on here wake up on a Sunday morning with a sense of foreboding and doom hanging over them

Town and Everton are playing today so yeh I do 

Don't really want to post this but I don't think it's right how WTRFLC are treating us supporters with total lack of communication. I can accept the club coming clean if we are broke but this secrecy is hard to take. No doubt I will trudge down to D.P. but with very little enthusiasm. UTT

4 minutes ago, town blue said:

Don't really want to post this but I don't think it's right how WTRFLC are treating us supporters with total lack of communication. I can accept the club coming clean if we are broke but this secrecy is hard to take. No doubt I will trudge down to D.P. but with very little enthusiasm. UTT

Have a listen to Chris’s 9 minute interview on Facebook, update on injuries, trying like hell to get players in and money available to strengthen the squad. Probably won’t appease you but I thought it was an open, informative interview. 

3 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Have a listen to Chris’s 9 minute interview on Facebook, update on injuries, trying like hell to get players in and money available to strengthen the squad. Probably won’t appease you but I thought it was an open, informative interview. 

I thought it was excellent . Lots of information and insight to keep us engaged . A regular update like that is all we want really . Very good 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I thought it was excellent . Lots of information and insight to keep us engaged . A regular update like that is all we want really . Very good 

It got me believing we would stay up.and that’s before a pint utt

1 hour ago, town blue said:

You need to join FB mate. A very honest and upfront interview with Chris on there. Saying it as it is and what they are doing about it.

Well it’s another bl***y Sunday. Oh dear oh dear. Do we do defensive training?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived