York City Knights

I think the club is at a bit of a crossroads. They either go or bust to stay in this league or they go with what we have and accept relegation.

Relegation will set the club back at least 2 years because the young ambitious locals will leave for better offers and you’re then recruiting from scratch again with very little money and trying to rebuild a team. With the funding L1 teams get now, about £14k per club, then attracting new players would be very difficult.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Correct Derwent , because of the contract system Clubs only have players signed on for the length of the contract not for life as in the past , We have gone from a system where Clubs owned the players now the players/agents dictate to the Clubs . Unfortunately Clubs like ours find it`s almost impossible to build a Team year on year .Instead of adding 6 or 7 players to the squad at seasons end , we lose 6 or 7 players , and can only bring the same number in  , how we are supposed to make progress is a difficult question to answer .

• Like 3

It would be depressing to be back in league one , with fewer games , fewer good games and a pittance of funding now . Whatever we can throw at clinging on here we’ve got to do it asap 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Town blue white said:

It doesn't bare thinking about getting relegated back to league 1. Could the club survive 🤔

The way things are going on the pitch and if things keep going the same way its looking like the drop is inevitable.

I hate doing this and comparing, however I see haven are announcing a new addition to their squad tonight. Like us, they're down on numbers through injury and suspensions. That'll be two they've brought in this week. 

How is it we seem soo slow on getting resources in?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I hate doing this and comparing, however I see haven are announcing a new addition to their squad tonight. Like us, they're down on numbers through injury and suspensions. That'll be two they've brought in this week. 

Of course you hate doing it. Haven fans do hate stirring don’t they.

could always get loan lads in,I would ask barrow for players,Jake carter and Ethan Kelly, Connor Terrill etc and blain marwood playing well at barrow island? I'm sure it would benefit barrow to keep the players match fit and help  town and Cumbria RL  👍

2 hours ago, townie88 said:

Perhaps it all to do with money, Haven had a big pay day against Saints and now have the cash to bring in short term loan players ? 

8 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Perhaps it all to do with money, Haven had a big pay day against Saints and now have the cash to bring in short term loan players ? 

If its down to the finical state the club is in, I'm sure the different sponsorship groups and supporters will help to try and fund some new players, but its been stated that the problem is finding new players. 

10 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

Perhaps. However only last week the club done an interview on facebook with Chris where they said they have money to spend? Hopefully hear some news this week

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JMB said:

If its down to the finical state the club is in, I'm sure the different sponsorship groups and supporters will help to try and fund some new players, but its been stated that the problem is finding new players. 

On Havens Marra,s site another signing to be announced after midday, so there are players available, but are they the right players ?

5 hours ago, maripins said:

Jack Bibby from Wigan

7 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

On Havens Marra,s site another signing to be announced after midday, so there are players available, but are they the right players ?

They have signed a young 19 year old from Hull FC, Marcus Walker, he can play at full back, centre or in the halves, 

You can't spend what you haven't got or you spend donkeys years in administration or worse still shaft everybody and come back under a different name but debt free. If the money is available then the last thing we want to do is spend it on someone looking for a final pay day or another Fafita who crippled our finances. Its a tough position to be in for Chris,but we certainly need to do something very soon.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JMB said:

They have signed a young 19 year old from Hull FC, Marcus Walker, he can play at full back, centre or in the halves, 

Pity we weren’t in for him then …we could have done with him to play all those positions , at the same time 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 07/04/2022 at 17:59, Churchill Drivers said:

I believe the Haven signings are only short term loans to help them through their injury crisis - think Town are probably looking for longer term deals.

Not sure staying up is "longer term"?