Jump to content

York City Knights


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Now now David that's different than your post about him mid-week.......................................but I agree a couple of similar heavyweights are an urgent need for Town.

I remember you having Fui Fui(spelling) a few years ago he caused teams problems

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Cant disagree with alot on here. Poor defensively, predictable in attack. Only thing i can say is, i very much doubt any other coach can get any more out this group than Chris. We look really busted. Really feel for fitzy having to do big minutes week on week. Hopefully the week break will do us good. Yes we got a reaction at HT. But still leaked some real poor tries. 

I think Chris' point of not needing big middles is well and truly blown out the water now. Not sure what Walker has to do to get infront of forber now either. 

We're a loyal fan base and will still be there, but this doesn't make them expect from criticism. York simply wanted it more today I thought.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear Chris saying the 10 minute spell when we got it to 26-18 cost us the game . Yes we didn’t manage things well when we got half a sniff of something , but surely being 20-0 at halftime and being way behind the 8 ball yet again cost us the game . 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

I remember you having Fui Fui(spelling) a few years ago he caused teams problems

And Andrew Dawson, who was ditched in favour of smaller mobile packs

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Young Walker was with the Seaton lads wishing farewell to one of the players emigrating to Australia, I spoke to the Chairman and asked why in gods name is Walker not playing. I can accept he was out of order by breaking the clubs rules, but he was with other players besides O'Donnell. Anyway, the Chairman said was in the squad but missed out on the team selection(why?) Forber has been a servant to Town but in the last season and this one he has been disappointing especially to myself but others will have a different view on that. We need Walker back in the squ3ad to freshen things up, he is a lively little fella with a bit class about him and he has some exciting qualities to put on show when he plays,But the matter is that we definitely need some big lads upfront and, a centre that knows his job? and the chairman said there was money available. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Brookie said:

And Andrew Dawson, who was ditched in favour of smaller mobile packs

Dawson wanted to play in the championship, we wouldn't be daft enough to have let him go easily. He is class

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to defend forber on thr constant we need walker in the team.

Walker as good a talent as he is perhaps isn't doing in traning what buffer is.

Buffer scored a lovely try today and always puts his body on the line, we are lucky to be able to call on him in my opinion.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the supporters want to see is some consistency and commitment coming every week  from the players, this is not happening.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Onreport said:

Another hard watch, poor first half but started well in second only to lose our way again, our defense down both outside channels was abysmal, dont want to pick on individual players, but, you have to question recruitment of the travelling players, they offer nothing at this level that i can see, better players have left!

Plain to see for everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Onreport said:

Another hard watch, poor first half but started well in second only to lose our way again, our defense down both outside channels was abysmal, dont want to pick on individual players, but, you have to question recruitment of the travelling players, they offer nothing at this level that i can see, better players have left!

Absolutely spot on, travelling players should be standing out or at the very least on par with the locals.

  • Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, bobg said:

Plain to see for everyone.

And they will be getting paid good money, all on CT recommendation, to me the board has to step in and make CT address these problems with the players attitude and consistency on the pitch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The next match now has even more significance. We need to see some additions and a massive  effort. This must be seen as a winnable game and on top they are not having a good time with Injuries.  We can either go 6 points adrift or within 2 points.  IMO this is the biggest derby for a long time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

The next match now has even more significance. We need to see some additions and a massive  effort. This must be seen as a winnable game and on top they are not having a good time with Injuries.  We can either go 6 points adrift or within 2 points.  IMO this is the biggest derby for a long time.  

 

6 minutes ago, town4me said:

The next match now has even more significance. We need to see some additions and a massive  effort. This must be seen as a winnable game and on top they are not having a good time with Injuries.  We can either go 6 points adrift or within 2 points.  IMO this is the biggest derby for a long time.  

What ever injury's Jonty has, you can bet he will put out what ever he has available to him, but will also have them motivated and ready for what ever CT puts out against him. This will be a massive game for both clubs.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few on here seem to be turning against Chris (Fair enough everyone's entitled to their opinion). 

I think he's the best coach we've had in a number of years, is doing his best in a very tough situation and has been upfront and honest with everything he's said so far, himself and the club were in the worst possible position when it came to recruitment due to how our season finished and the very limited time we had to put a squad together, it's not going great but who thought it was going to be easy?

Plus ...... Who would possibly replace him? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JMB said:

 

What ever injury's Jonty has, you can bet he will put out what ever he has available to him, but will also have them motivated and ready for what ever CT puts out against him. This will be a massive game for both clubs.

What ever injury's Chris has, you can bet he will put out what ever he has available to him, but will also have them motivated and ready for what ever Jonty puts out against him. This will be a massive game for both clubs.

 

Goes without saying doesn't it? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JMB said:

What ever injury's Jonty has, you can bet he will put out what ever he has available to him

I'd say that's fairly obvious from gorley 🤔but we need a big approach to this one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, town4me said:

I'd say that's fairly obvious from gorley 🤔but we need a big approach to this one.  

To be honest with you, if I was a coach I would use the put out what's available route, I mean it's quite hard to put out what isn't available like isn't it...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Town Army said:

A few on here seem to be turning against Chris (Fair enough everyone's entitled to their opinion). 

I think he's the best coach we've had in a number of years, is doing his best in a very tough situation and has been upfront and honest with everything he's said so far, himself and the club were in the worst possible position when it came to recruitment due to how our season finished and the very limited time we had to put a squad together, it's not going great but who thought it was going to be easy?

Plus ...... Who would possibly replace him? 

I think most on here are still with Chris, but some things are wearing my patience.  We have all known Stevie & Dave were long term absences and although we have had other injuries, we have always been light at prop. I get he has a tactic of a mobile pack but it just isn't working, he says his phone is red hot at the minute, but this hasn't been a problem of just the last fortnight. I feel for poor Fitzy putting big minutes in and getting smashed every week while other lads like Hutchins get 10 mins at the end yesterday when the lad clearly tries or Clarke who gets more game time but just isn't putting enough in IMO. 

I also know the team is low on confidence getting mullered every week, and as long as the lads try most of us will still support them.

I'm still with Chris but I expect at a minimum if my team is losing every week and I'm paying to watch it that they all leave it all out on the pitch, are we running harder than the opposition every week? Also that it looks like we are trying to adapt tactics to the opposition,  and work on our pathetic defence or we will never win a game. Einstein's quote about the definition of insanity springs to mind.

It was good to see the interview with Chris the other day, he's an honest lad and he has a lot of credit still in the bank for me. He's wise enough to realise there is frustration on the terraces, and he spoke to address them. Lets just hope we get no more bans or injuries for the jam game. There were tip tackles & a possible late hit yesterday so who knows. Then fingers crossed the red hot phone turns up some new players.

The way we are playing I'm struggling to bring myself to pay 20 quid to our noisy neighbours to get covered in dark fruits and offered out for a fight. 7pm on a bank holiday isn't gonna end well with some of their fans from experience, and its on telly.  UTT

  • Like 4

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If my memory serves me correctly we had a similar situation when we got promoted after the old Trafford win. I think we were bottom of the table at Christmas, got Rowland Phillips and Kevin Ellis in and won 10 or so games in the new year and finished half way up the table. Different era and different circumstances I know, but if we can get the right players of quality in, get a bit of confidence running through the squad we might at least make a fight of it. Clutching at straws but that fight back started with a televised game against Halifax, let’s hope the tv cameras brings out the best of them at haven. 
I’ve been confused by some of Chris’s decisions and selections but I still think he’s a very good coach and is the right man to take the club forward. However I think the promise of new players has to materialise over the next week and some players have to take a long hard look at themselves and decide whether they are up for the fight because some of the defence on show yesterday suggested some might not be. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

I think most on here are still with Chris, but some things are wearing my patience.  We have all known Stevie & Dave were long term absences and although we have had other injuries, we have always been light at prop. I get he has a tactic of a mobile pack but it just isn't working, he says his phone is red hot at the minute, but this hasn't been a problem of just the last fortnight. I feel for poor Fitzy putting big minutes in and getting smashed every week while other lads like Hutchins get 10 mins at the end yesterday when the lad clearly tries or Clarke who gets more game time but just isn't putting enough in IMO. 

I also know the team is low on confidence getting mullered every week, and as long as the lads try most of us will still support them.

I'm still with Chris but I expect at a minimum if my team is losing every week and I'm paying to watch it that they all leave it all out on the pitch, are we running harder than the opposition every week? Also that it looks like we are trying to adapt tactics to the opposition,  and work on our pathetic defence or we will never win a game. Einstein's quote about the definition of insanity springs to mind.

It was good to see the interview with Chris the other day, he's an honest lad and he has a lot of credit still in the bank for me. He's wise enough to realise there is frustration on the terraces, and he spoke to address them. Lets just hope we get no more bans or injuries for the jam game. There were tip tackles & a possible late hit yesterday so who knows. Then fingers crossed the red hot phone turns up some new players.

The way we are playing I'm struggling to bring myself to pay 20 quid to our noisy neighbours to get covered in dark fruits and offered out for a fight. 7pm on a bank holiday isn't gonna end well with some of their fans from experience, and its on telly.  UTT

I think most of us will be giving the wreck a big swerve. Their young football like fans on the drink all day and looking for trouble, no thank you, would rather have my head boiled. No buses or trains back either I've been told.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JMB said:

 

What ever injury's Jonty has, you can bet he will put out what ever he has available to him, but will also have them motivated and ready for what ever CT puts out against him. This will be a massive game for both clubs.

Stating the obvious there mate. He's probably got more available than we have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

I think most on here are still with Chris, but some things are wearing my patience.  We have all known Stevie & Dave were long term absences and although we have had other injuries, we have always been light at prop. I get he has a tactic of a mobile pack but it just isn't working, he says his phone is red hot at the minute, but this hasn't been a problem of just the last fortnight. I feel for poor Fitzy putting big minutes in and getting smashed every week while other lads like Hutchins get 10 mins at the end yesterday when the lad clearly tries or Clarke who gets more game time but just isn't putting enough in IMO. 

I also know the team is low on confidence getting mullered every week, and as long as the lads try most of us will still support them.

I'm still with Chris but I expect at a minimum if my team is losing every week and I'm paying to watch it that they all leave it all out on the pitch, are we running harder than the opposition every week? Also that it looks like we are trying to adapt tactics to the opposition,  and work on our pathetic defence or we will never win a game. Einstein's quote about the definition of insanity springs to mind.

It was good to see the interview with Chris the other day, he's an honest lad and he has a lot of credit still in the bank for me. He's wise enough to realise there is frustration on the terraces, and he spoke to address them. Lets just hope we get no more bans or injuries for the jam game. There were tip tackles & a possible late hit yesterday so who knows. Then fingers crossed the red hot phone turns up some new players.

The way we are playing I'm struggling to bring myself to pay 20 quid to our noisy neighbours to get covered in dark fruits and offered out for a fight. 7pm on a bank holiday isn't gonna end well with some of their fans from experience, and its on telly.  UTT

No argument that CT is a very good coach but in my opinion  he got the recruitment  badly wrong for this level. Lots of people have said about size et but he consistently refused to accept the arguments, unfortunately we are now seeing the result.

I too am very dissapointed at most of our North East recruits, none of which are clearly good enough for this level.

I will be there next game as I have for last god knows how many years, but not everyone will be prepared to pay out week on week for what we are currently being served up. 

Change has to come quickly.

Edited by Onreport
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An observation at the match. At half time they trudged off , heads down with the exception of one player-Matty Henson, he jogged off to the dressing room. When they came back out it was the same story I'm afraid, except Matty who was jogging again. Some of these players want to show the same enthusiasm as Matty and we might get better results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maripins said:

An observation at the match. At half time they trudged off , heads down with the exception of one player-Matty Henson, he jogged off to the dressing room. When they came back out it was the same story I'm afraid, except Matty who was jogging again. Some of these players want to show the same enthusiasm as Matty and we might get better results.

We noticed that aswell, to be honest we look a beaten and very de-moralised outfit at the minute

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...