Thunder v Widnes

Thunder fan

Really looking forward to this it feels like ages since we had a game never mind a home game!

Looking at the reserves squad for tonight think we'll see one or two return for the first team, plus Halsall wasn't in the Wigan squad so hopefully he's involved.

Roll on Monday night!

So we are without players again (story of our season) Johnson (wing must be still feeling hamstring) Foster (neck from time with cas last year) and day(banned) 11/12, tai (knee flared so delayed to see him for the first time this year), woods 7 (8weeks out) chapelhow latter end of the season after that ankle dislcoation. Costello not able to play the new loanee Centre from Salford as serving a ban. 

Possibly halsall and Nokes to start with donaghy playing reserves last night. 

Very young thunder side who I hope will want to prove a point. Our pack is smaller so relying on speed and energy

I was optimistic when I saw a few who have been involved with the first team playing for the reserves. All the missing players are big losses without doubt. Miski in on loan from Wigan will start in place of JJ on the wing I'd guess.

15 minutes ago, Phil W said:

I was optimistic when I saw a few who have been involved with the first team playing for the reserves. All the missing players are big losses without doubt. Miski in on loan from Wigan will start in place of JJ on the wing I'd guess.

Couldn't agree more. The youngsters covering will need to step up like they did v haven second half. Worry the experienced players are out. Needing leadership tomorrow. Maybe hallas or eaves to sort that. I'm going into this thinking a win would be an amazing result considering. Let's just hope we see wingers being involved much more. 

Wow. What a performance from all the young lads there. Missing our big 11 and 12 and tai, last min winger brought in. Scrum half missing, teams being patched up and they gave their all tonight!! Widnes fans didn't turn up nor did their team!! Howay the thunder!!! 

Archived