Celtic Shield

Nice idea, though (as this is the TRL forum and I‘m obliged to find a negative) it would be better if they did a mini league when they play each other home and away during the L1 season and the winner got the cup each year. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/cornwall-play-for-celtic-shield-first-match/?fbclid=IwAR0kTG5zANgBqaEHYCHySvglbobKIySKUxsEwqnbFzz-81-iY79UFSs5z3c

Oh I really like this

It gives extra relevance to ordinary fixtures.

And the opportunity for silverware to clubs that might not be winners of such.

Extend it further. 

The Dirty Old Canal Cup- "The Old Floaty"  Wires v SRD

The Golden Latrine "The Old Floater" Cas v Wakey

The North Sea Championship - "The Old Floated" FC v KR

French Club Trophy "Le Vieux Flotteur" Toulouse v Catalan

And so on......

Seriously why not just use the loop fixtures as such.

Keep them as league fixtures.

Play them at the very start of the season.

But Tally them in a "Floodlight Trophy" type league table and then have 6 play off finals - Cup Trophy-Vase-Shield-Bowl-Spoon.

Anyway Celtic Shield. Great idea.

I think it’s a great idea giving a nice twist and potentially good media/sponsor opportunities 

as ever looking ahead lol somehow including a Scots and Irish side whether individual team or a combined Team from Ireland and Scotland could be a goer, but we’re way off this yet 

1 hour ago, 2blackrooks said:

I think it’s a great idea giving a nice twist and potentially good media/sponsor opportunities 

as ever looking ahead lol somehow including a Scots and Irish side whether individual team or a combined Team from Ireland and Scotland could be a goer, but we’re way off this yet 

Do you think Edinburgh might ever fancy it? 

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

Do you think Edinburgh might ever fancy it? 

They probably would, and a natural progression, they seem to have a decent infrastructure and players but probably a few years off this yet. Will be interesting to see how they go in NERL this year after a few years out. 
But the concept of a Celtic type competition would be a good way to bring in Scottish and Irish sides aiding development 

Archived