League One fans travelling to Midlands Hurricanes

Spent an afternoon at Hurricanes today for their game against Swinton, a great day of rugby league in the Midlands.

A bit of advice for any fans travelling down to support their team…

There are two bars at the ground, one in the clubhouse next to the toilets and one just as you enter pitch side itself.

It is the latter whereby all proceeds go to the Hurricanes themselves, the bar takings inside go to the RU club that is hosting them. Sadly, many Swinton fans weren’t aware of this and most of them went back inside for their drinks.

15 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

I was there too mate! Did you try the doughnuts; my god!

Swinton looked pretty good I thought. Got to be one of the favorites to go up. 

A tray of donuts for me and the wife in front of the tele once home (still some spare don’t worry) and a burger, which was incredible. 

Will introduce myself if you’re at a future fixture. 

Swinton did all they needed to. Looked like a championship side. 

14 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

A tray of donuts for me and the wife in front of the tele once home (still some spare don’t worry) and a burger, which was incredible. 

Will introduce myself if you’re at a future fixture. 

Swinton did all they needed to. Looked like a championship side. 

I did exactly the same. Left wife and kids at home, and took four donoughts home as a bribe 🙂 . I'll message you next home game I plan to get to. 

2 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

I totally get why you've directed visiting fans to the Hurricane's bar, but there's a potential downside in that if the host union club don't make what they targeted for.

RL clubs need to be the primary tenant.

It is only a temporary venue for 2022.

Just now, Number 16 said:

Good. Given the arrangement. But I'm sure you agree that our club, at all levels, should endeavour to be the main tenant. 

Yep agree, they are due to announce a big move for next season. Hope it works out for them and, as you say, they can put their stamp on things as the main tenant.

On 04/04/2022 at 19:30, Scubby said:

Yep agree, they are due to announce a big move for next season. Hope it works out for them and, as you say, they can put their stamp on things as the main tenant.

Where are they planning on moving to next year then?

Archived