Silence of the Rams -Good Fridays game v Dewsbury

Batley Bob

5 hours ago, distantdog said:

I don't doubt that what you say. My point is that, on paper,  they have a decent team, or at least some decent individuals. While being confident, I think last season should serve as a warning.

Could it possibly be another Curious Incident Of The Dogs In The Night-time?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Silenced they were! 

I thought they should have run their penalties first half, I guess that is how a team low on confidence does, but they might have built a better lead to defend. In the end it always looked inevitable.

NB - Perhaps if Sykes spent the same amount of time talking to his team as he does to the ref, that might help?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Thought Rams contributed immensely to the game, full of effort first half and they bullied us. I know Rams fans will be unhappy and calling for LeeG to go, but stick with it, you weren't far off today.

Nowt came off for us first half, and gave far too many penalties away to be much if a threat. Second half rams scored first and it could gave been curtains, they were playing some decent rugby. Then enter leak, the game changed  we clicked and the rest is history . Always a pleasing win over rams.  Up to 5th in table. So far so good.

Stand proud boys,if ref had a blown for laying on from start by dews we would a put 60 past em, there a 60 minute side and were blowing out the rear end in last 20,knowles still a grub,and the sykes drama showed just why dews are 1 outa 9. well in DOGGIES.:kolobok_yahoo:

updated Sunday 17th April

res 8.jpg

table 8.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Another win in the bag it’s all good 

we started of slowly and built into the game I thought Senior had scored in the first half but couldn’t hold on… 

buchanan was class with meadows and Leak Gilmore wears the dinner jacket… 

we grafted a decent win out there onto Widnes next weekend 

13 hours ago, silverback said:

Stand proud boys,if ref had a blown for laying on from start by dews we would a put 60 past em, there a 60 minute side and were blowing out the rear end in last 20,knowles still a grub,and the sykes drama showed just why dews are 1 outa 9. well in DOGGIES.:kolobok_yahoo:

Give over - your forwards were up to no good and lying on just as much as any of ours were; it is RL you are watching you know. Why Sykes got the yellow I don't know, given what the referee had let go previously, but it certainly influenced the scoreline if not the eventual result.

To be frank I thought that your lot were a bit disappointing in the 1st half - dropping balls all over the place and forward passes. You will be glad that Reilly has signed for you as a couple of your forwards are starting to wane.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

We dragged into the cheap tactics which we found a way out of it 

😆 😂 🙀

Naughty RL players being all rough, I'll tell my dad!

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

To be frank I thought that your lot were a bit disappointing in the 1st half - dropping balls all over the place and forward passes. You will be glad that Reilly has signed for you as a couple of your forwards are starting to wane.

No difference between the forwards, except yours are that bit uglier!

I was quite impressed with your forwards in that first half, ran hard and worked hard too. Liked Dixon at full back too. Sykes still pulling your strings at his age is remarkable and his dismissal did make a difference, though still think we would have won.

We were disappointing but still won by some distance which says plenty.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Give over - your forwards were up to no good and lying on just as much as any of ours were; it is RL you are watching you know. Why Sykes got the yellow I don't know, given what the referee had let go previously, but it certainly influenced the scoreline if not the eventual result.

Re Sykes yellow card, you often have to watch a replay to make an objective assessment but it just looked tired and clumsy to me.  I felt a tad sorry for him.

I do think that the referee should have been firmer with the lying on.  It did not make for a good game.

8 minutes ago, Bill H said:

Re Sykes yellow card, you often have to watch a replay to make an objective assessment but it just looked tired and clumsy to me.  I felt a tad sorry for him. 

I agree. As an old flat footed prop, l was often made to look stupid by some fleet footed back. It was a clumsy attempt by Sykes, not much else. 

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oh didums, are we still sulking 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'm surprised you took the bait, BSJ.

Yes, Batley were disappointing in the first half. It's not unusual in these derby games. Their quality showed in the end, though. There was a big improvement in the second half, and I thought the final score a fair result.

And yes, I'm glad we're another quality forward signed for the 'Dogs - competition for places, and giving injured players time to heal, and all that.

As for Sykes, perhaps the ref put him in the bin for ten minutes peace and quiet?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

40 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Oh l forgot to ask, which ones? 

If you don't know then you aren't really paying attention, are you?

7 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Not really an answer to my question though is it? Poor response!

Hes blamed ref,yep ref were at fault,they need to stop all the laying around during training sessions..lol. and even greenwood had a few laughs along the way to another loss.

What is the point of rolling out former  players and not naming them.I agree old Batley players were no where near  as good as our glorious Dewbury ones with lots of cups to their names. But i would still have liked to know who they were.Dewbury did the same by the way -pointless.

Archived